Boy Wearing ‘Anxiety-Inducing’ T-Shirt

Jim

Abominable Snowman
At a glance, yes, it looks real, but a second look would be enough to be sure it was just a print. People should be clever enough to manage that.
People with autism and many other disorders often process images differently resulting in a panic -fear attack that is real to them yet appears irrational to most. I can understand the airports line of reason, avoiding issues in airports and on planes is solid strategy.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Some people need to visit their GP and be prescribed a couple of testicles and 2½ feet of backbone.

maximus otter
Now now MO , you'll end up on someone's "ignore" list.
My dad had a phobia about domestic cats for some unknown reason, so he just avoided them. Weird because without fail they would make a bee line for him - probably just taking the piss , the cheeky little beggars. I could well imagine him using your exact words on this particular subject.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Fear of snakes may be one of the few 'innate' fears that we acquire via our genetic inheritance; in other worlds, it appears to be instinctive.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2017/10/infant-fear-phobia-science-snakes-video-spd/
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2001/10/fear-evolution-spiders-science/
A lot of people (me included) lose this fear over time, but it seems that an infant who unfamiliar with snakes or snake imagery will often react to a snake or snake image with fear or anxiety.

I wonder a bit about the ethics of testing infants in this way, but you know what psychologists are like.

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
He should have just turned the T Shirt inside out and put it back on.
I was at Millwall FC many years ago with a friend, we were both about 14ish and my buddy had a Stiff records promo t-shirt on with the words “if it ain’t Stiff, it ain’t worth a wank”. A member of the local constabulary approached my friend telling him the shirt was offensive and if he didn’t turn it inside out he would be arrested.
Absolute bully of a copper. Most likely too scared to have a go at the club’s notorious hooligans.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Now now MO , you'll end up on someone's "ignore" list.
My dad had a phobia about domestic cats for some unknown reason, so he just avoided them. Weird because without fail they would make a bee line for him - probably just taking the piss , the cheeky little beggars. I could well imagine him using your exact words on this particular subject.
It's widely believed that cats like to sus out strangers for themselves so ignoring one when you first meet it is a sure-fire way to attract it!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I was at Millwall FC many years ago with a friend, we were both about 14ish and my buddy had a Stiff records promo t-shirt on with the words “if it ain’t Stiff, it ain’t worth a wank”. A member of the local constabulary approached my friend telling him the shirt was offensive and if he didn’t turn it inside out he would be arrested.
Absolute bully of a copper. Most likely too scared to have a go at the club’s notorious hooligans.
The first time I was an inpatient at the Norfolk and Norwich, the Mrs had done me a travel bag which included my CLERKS T Shirt .. one old boy got a smile out of it, I'd forgotten that on the back of it there's Dante's quote from the film "I'm not even supposed to be here today .."

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
People with autism and many other disorders often process images differently resulting in a panic -fear attack that is real to them yet appears irrational to most. I can understand the airports line of reason, avoiding issues in airports and on planes is solid strategy.
I'm glad you said this!

neurological difference leads to different processing and different results.

Jim

Abominable Snowman
freeze peach: Internet slang, which often with a sarcastic or derogatory tone. Refers to free speech, especially when construed as granting a right to say anything on any platform.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
At the risk of offending anyone further, I always laugh at posts on forums , disliking others' posts/thread. There's always without fail a simple solution.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
The first time I was an inpatient at the Norfolk and Norwich, the Mrs had done me a travel bag which included my CLERKS T Shirt .. one old boy got a smile out of it, I'd forgotten that on the back of it there's Dante's quote from the film "I'm not even supposed to be here today .."
Ah that explains a mystery that's bugged me for years, a paper poster which read " Don't know about here, but I'm not supposed to be anywhere today". Always wondered what it related to.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Ah that explains a mystery that's bugged me for years, a paper poster which read " Don't know about here, but I'm not supposed to be anywhere today". Always wondered what it related to.
Here you go .. and NSFW .. SWEARING