• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Brian's Predictions (Website)

Do Shark attacks happen there? And how much earlier did he predict the shark attack.

Shark attacks do happen there, just not very often. It is kind of strange that he would predict it unless he is actually psychic, but certainly not impossible. I don't know how much earlier it was. :? I'm sorry, I'm not sure exactly what day the shark attack happened, I just know that it happened recently.

RainyOcean said:
Shark attacks do happen there, just not very often. It is kind of strange that he would predict it unless he is actually psychic, but certainly not impossible.

His prediction of the shark attack was dated the 8th of June - the same day this story appeared in the media.

Okay, obviously all you need to qualify a statement as a prediction is that it happens sometime before the event so it's perfectly feasible to predict something on the same day but I find it highly suspicious that, after a very cursory search, this is the fourth prediction of his that I have found which occurs on the same day as the event it describes.

Timble's suggestion that he's sleeping with the radio on and sublimating the news without realising it is the most charitable explanation I can come up with - the alternative is that the man is a fake.

Fake! RainyOcean; you yourself said shark attacks aren't uncommon - take what I've said on a previous post and combine with what spook, painy and timble have said. Mix well, apply cognition and wait a few minutes.

Actually, I believe what I said was:

Shark attacks do happen there, just not very often.

And I'm definitly not saying he couldn't be faking. I didn't know when the shark attack actually happened and it struck me as weird. That's all. :)

I'm not sure what the difference between your actual words and my precis was?

You said that I said they arn't uncommon. I said, that they don't happen very often, and therefore are uncommon. It's not really important though.

Ah forgive my drunken replies...am on holiday and a misread is as good as a mile! However, I still think our boy Brian is either a)deluded b) an outright faker :D

RainyOcean said:
You said that I said they arn't uncommon. I said, that they don't happen very often, and therefore are uncommon. It's not really important though.

Rainy, they are common enough, predicting a shark attack in Loch Ness and having it occur would be uncommon and very weird

And would explain why no evidence has been found of Nessie...the sharks ate her! Well done...two mysteries solved at the same time :lol:
Any more Brian predictions? I can't make myself go to the site... ;)

6/4/2005 Actor John Travolta will die when his private plane crashes. The cause of the crash will be found to be pilot error, and he was the pilot.

Heh, I remember seeing the exact same "psychic prediction" on the cover of some supermarket tabloid many, many years ago.

Another thing I noticed, he makes a prediction about a school bus being hit by a truck, killing two children, in Florida. This actually happened in Arlington, Virginia a couple of months ago, he may be recalling that incident.

And he's a really terrible artist. :roll:

6/29/2005

There is a serious problem with the current Space Shuttle that's scheduled to go into space next month, if its not corrected, it could lead into a major disaster..

Yesterday, here and in several other places.

Nasa 'failed' on shuttle safety
By Irene Mona Klotz
at the Kennedy Space Center, Florida

The US space agency (Nasa) has not fully met Columbia accident investigators' requirements to safely return the shuttle fleet to flight.
That is the assessment of an oversight panel that has been monitoring the agency for two years.

Despite the finding, panel members said they had no qualms about Nasa launching shuttle Discovery next month on the agency's first mission since the 2003 Columbia disaster.

"We feel that it is a safe vehicle to fly," said Joseph Cuzzupoli, a member of the oversight panel headed by former astronauts Thomas Stafford and Richard Covey.

Nasa is scheduled to make a decision about Discovery's launch date during a two-day meeting at the Kennedy Space Center, which begins on Wednesday. The agency has targeted the launch for between 13 July and 31 July.

Falling short

The Stafford-Covey panel determined that Nasa has met or exceeded 12 of the 15 recommendations made by the Columbia Accident Investigation Board (CAIB) for the safe resumption of shuttle flights.

The space agency fell short in three areas, however: eliminating debris from the shuttle external tank; making the orbiter more resilient to debris impacts; and developing an operational heat-shield repair technique that can be used by a shuttle crew in orbit.

The Columbia accident was triggered by a piece of foam insulation that slid off the external fuel tank during lift-off and smashed into the ship's wing. The damage had no effect on the shuttle in orbit, but once the crew attempted to return through the atmosphere for landing, superheated gases lashed into the broken wing.

Within minutes, Columbia was torn apart and seven astronauts aboard the ship were killed.

Since the accident, Nasa's primary focus has been to eliminate debris sources from the shuttle's external tank.

While the foam issue is well understood, the agency recently began identifying the hazards of ice, which can build up on the outside of the tank during fuelling prior to lift-off and then break off during launch.

One point of contention was the CAIB's ruling that Nasa should eliminate all sources of external tank debris - a standard that some oversight panel members said was impossible to attain.

Another reason why Nasa fell short of the meeting the CAIB's intent was because of the president's directive to retire the fleet in 2010, making some improvements, such as safer heat-shield panels, a moot point as they would not be ready much before the fleet would be retired.

"While we're saying they may not have fully met the intent of CAIB, we're also saying they have made significant progress toward reducing the likelihood that any of these bad events will happen," said panel member James Adamson, also a former astronaut.

The panel found Nasa most lacking in the requirement to develop on-orbit repair techniques for the shuttle's heat shield. While five experimental processes will be tested during Discovery's flight, none are considered to be useable in case of a breach in the shuttle's heat shield.
If Discovery was too damaged to return to Earth, the crew would probably be ordered to stay aboard the International Space Station until a rescue mission could be launched. ....

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/s ... 629639.stm

Published: 2005/06/28 10:29:00 GMT

© BBC MMV

Retrospective prediction!!!
:? :?

Is he adding to his "predictions" after they happen? I just noticed this:

"6/16/05 17 military members will die in a helicopter crash in Iraq, the helicopter crash is due to a rocket fired from the ground."

I could swear that wasn't there just a little while ago.

I do like:
Do you know a child that had his go-cart stolen? Well....3 kids have it in their backyard. If your the kid missing your go-cart, let me know.
from 2nd June... So specific with it's details...

Steve.

And:
There is a terrorist out there that's planning an biological or chemical attack on the USA with the help of Google Maps, please stop him.

Quick, stop google from producing maps. Make terrorists buy paper ones instead.

Steve.

Nicely spotted!
quick comparison of the two - that's the only one that's been added. Then again, the cached copy was from the 28th so it'll only have that..

However, it also seems that his pictures are numbered sequentially. The helicopter is number 448 while the ones either side are 409 and 410.
So, assuming he doesn't change things, it should be easy to see which ones were created out of sequence.

He could of course have a perfectly valid answer - in fact, I'm sure he has having predicted this some time ago. I predict it would somehow involve reorganisation of his website and accidentally forgetting to scan one of his pictures, having dropped it down the back of the desk. Or perhaps it was stolen from his fingers by an errant magpie.

Steve.

One thing that does make me wonder though is how putting people on his no-spam mailing list gets him money:
PS, Please be sure and sign up for my free daily email newsletter

I need your help! I do no sort of advertising, and this is a non-profit website, so I need people like you to spread the word. Please click here to send an invitation for up to (5) of your friends and family to join.
Steve.

Yeah, as soon as Google updates its cache (in a couple of days probably), the helicopter prediction will show up there too.

As far as frauds go, he's a rank amateur. It's a pretty simple thing to code a webpage so Google does not cache it, but he didn't bother.

The saddest thing? I'm sure there's people out there who believe he's for real. :roll:

Fake or not, there's still some gems:

Know someone that thinks she might be pregnant? Well they are, and it will be a girl.
Several abortion clinics across the United States will be set a fire, I have a pretty good idea you will do it too if your interested.
Two star quotes from the same day:
I forgot, something to do with fish I think.
A Horse will kill its owner, this is all...
Grasshoppers will be use in a treatment to cure cancer.
This is a personal message directed to a reader of this website. If your name has a "t" in it, be ready for some sort of surprise within 24 hours of reading this. It will be a good surprise :)
Some good luck happening to someone, somewhere in the world, with a T in their name. What are the chances?
Several UFO sightings will make news headlines... A picture of the UFO will be very popular in the internet.

Others though are a bit behind the times - in March he predicted flexible computer monitors, something I know has been a working prototype for a couple of years at least, and in June predicted that GM would work on a hydrogen powered car. Err, yes. And?

Something to with fleas and black death, I think it some sort of plague that will kill many people.

Well Brian, you only missed that one by 658 years.

Hmmm...his powers appear to stretch very far in time - shame it's backwards :lol:

"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy" (Monty Python's Lies of Brian).

Can he see that nudie picture I have in my wallet, the one with Sue Carpenters face stuck on top??

Rainy, they are common enough, predicting a shark attack in Loch Ness and having it occur would be uncommon and very weird

Yes, that would be very weird. As a matter of fact, I don't think "weird" is quite the word. However, shark attacks at the Jersey shore do not happen that often, and if he had actually predicted it, I would consider that pretty amazing.

Other people have noticed that he changes them, although they seem to be mobbed by believers who I suspect would probably be more inclined to believe that Google secretly and maliciously altered their cached version :)

However, on the matter of why, someone on that thread did suggest that since his bio says that he buys and sells domain names as a living, that he's trying to bump up the value of this and/or other domains that he owns and links to by increasing the hits. Perhaps that also ties in with his pleas to sign 5 other people up to his mailing list, so he can sell that with the domain. Also, I noticed last night that his hand-of-healing website asks you to get 10 other people to go to the website and follow his instructions - again, a way to increase the hits on his website and therefore increase the value...

Steve.

Back