Britain: Police State?

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was just yesterday talking to a gorgeous chemist. I just wanted to brag, she's my ex-girlfriend.
It's about believability though. If you want to sell someone as being a scientist in a movie, having them be fit or good-looking doesn't help. I don't see Dwayne Johnson being cast as a scientist either. I'm not counting Jumanji.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I was just yesterday talking to a gorgeous chemist. I just wanted to brag, she's my ex-girlfriend.
It's about believability though. If you want to sell someone as being a scientist in a movie, having them be fit or good-looking doesn't help. I don't see Dwayne Johnson being cast as a scientist either. I'm not counting Jumanji.
What about Dolph Lundgren, eh? He IS a scientist (masters in chemistry).

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Yes but I don't believe he's ever been cast as one.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair, science doesn't generally attract immensely good looking men or women. Those types tend to skate on their looks for quite a while until age catches up with them.
And this is based on? Certainly not my experience that’s for sure.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
I married the most gorgeous scientist ever.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
I have met plenty of hot scientists.
Blatant bragging - I'm insanely jealous. Having said that youngest offspring is about to propose to a scientist - inappropriate to comment on the looks of future daughter in law though. :)

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Blatant bragging - I'm insanely jealous.
Well, I've only met them - it's not like I dated them or anything.
My nephew's Canadian girlfriend (who is a phlebotomist/blood scientist) is quite nice looking, lucky nephew! She's an example of 'hot scientist'.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
Well, I've only met them - it's not like I dated them or anything.
My nephew's Canadian girlfriend (who is a phlebotomist/blood scientist) is quite nice looking, lucky nephew! She's an example of 'hot scientist'.
A work colleague (and friend) married a Canadian scientist.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
It’s the only way to survive in Scotland. Anyhow. Britain, Police State?
Well you're a scientist, Scargie has an MA in criminology and then there's Max. The three of you could set up a firm to investigate Cold Cases, if you believe police dramas there's a lot of outsourcing in that area.