• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

British Bigfoot?

I've got no real view point on British Bigfoot existing or not. I do wonder though if these various entities, creatures and the like, are only seen when the person is in a particular state of being, consciousness or mental state, that they themselves may not be aware of, that enable them to see Bigfoot, etc, that ordinarily they wouldn't be able to see?
Some of the honest witnesses may be seeing something paranormal rather than a flesh and blood creature.

I have often referred to the 'Distortion Theory' as an explanation for cryptids such as the British Bigfoot, UFOs and their crew and other Fortean creatures. The basic premise is that an "intelligent other' interacts with humanity for its own ends, however it will not reveal its true nature but rather 'disguises' itself according to the era in which us humans witness it. This is the work of Spanish Ufologist Jose Caravaca and his main body of work is written in his native tongue, however there are now English translations becoming available. here is one such article:

"The paranormal component is a drift, perhaps the most important one, caused by the involvement of the human psyche in the decoding of this expanded reality accessed by the witnesses during the fleeting contact with an undetermined external agent, which may ultimately be the instigator, detonator or enhancer of these visionary episodes (not hallucinatory or imaginary)."

The full article is here:

https://ufoconjectures.blogspot.com/2023/01/an-explication-of-distortion-theory-in.html

Woohoo! A photo of a British Bigfoot from where else but Cannock Chase:

https://rmsobigfoot.blogspot.com/2023/01/large-hominid-chest-shoulder-captured.html

Well I’m convinced… unless it’s our mate Lee Brickley in a monkey suit…?

(I want to believe and who knows as regards the initial sighting, but that is an image of the hindquarters and tail of a long-haired breed of dog, probably just lleaving its scent…)

Last edited:
I have often referred to the 'Distortion Theory' as an explanation for cryptids such as the British Bigfoot, UFOs and their crew and other Fortean creatures. The basic premise is that an "intelligent other' interacts with humanity for its own ends, however it will not reveal its true nature but rather 'disguises' itself according to the era in which us humans witness it. This is the work of Spanish Ufologist Jose Caravaca and his main body of work is written in his native tongue, however there are now English translations becoming available. here is one such article:

"The paranormal component is a drift, perhaps the most important one, caused by the involvement of the human psyche in the decoding of this expanded reality accessed by the witnesses during the fleeting contact with an undetermined external agent, which may ultimately be the instigator, detonator or enhancer of these visionary episodes (not hallucinatory or imaginary)."

The full article is here:

https://ufoconjectures.blogspot.com/2023/01/an-explication-of-distortion-theory-in.html
An interesting link and article by Caravaca. To me it's similar to Dr Vallee's ideas (Invisible College, Messengers of Deception and Dimensions) and some of those by John Keel ( 8Th Tower).
I also believe that Patrick Harpur proposed similar trains of thought in Daemonic Reality.
All of the above books are well worth reading for fans of Fortean subjects.

Woohoo! A photo of a British Bigfoot from where else but Cannock Chase:

https://rmsobigfoot.blogspot.com/2023/01/large-hominid-chest-shoulder-captured.html

Well I’m convinced… unless it’s our mate Lee Brickley in a monkey suit…?

(I want to believe and who knows as regards the initial sighting, but that is an image of the hindquarters and tail of a long-haired breed of dog, probably just lleaving its scent…)

CannockChaseBF1a.png

:rofl:

maximus otter

That’s not a big foot that’s a bear going for a poop in the woods cos that’s what bears do.

Very true both of you but now they have learned to fly flying saucers

"The really annoying part is – my husband now has absolutely no recollection of having seen this!"

some years ago, I would say around 2000-2002, my wife, who was flying out to london or Frankfurt or some other bookfair, called me from the airport, super-alarmed, telling me she had seen a man with no eyes - no slits or anything either, just flat smooth skin where the eyes should have been. she was upset enough to call me and tell me that.
she went to the fair etc. and when she came back she denied the whole episode. and she still says that i dreamt the whole thing and it never happened and she never called . whereas she went as far as to go find a payphone (those were the days when cellphone calls were still super expensive) and call me.
I know this is a tangent to the thread and a bit of thread necro-ing but some people are literally born without any external eyes.

Some people are born with no external ears, or nose, or with hands or feet missing. Sometimes a child is born missing the lower half of their face (otofocial syndrome) - with very good medical care they can still live a good life with a normal adult span.

Anophthalmia is rare but not unknown. If they have the good fortune to be born to understanding parents and get some adapted education then their disability is essentially the same as any 'blind from birth' person.

Ramesh Prasai is well known and admired in his native country (Nepal) for his singing and public speaking skills, his voice is his livelihood. He has complete absence of eyes and external eye features:

(edited for formatting)

Last edited:
Has a young Somerset researcher found evidence of the British Bigfoot?

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/real-life/daniel-barnett-14-year-old-8832627

Here he is being interviewed by the CFZ (@lordmongrove is the Zoological Director)

He also has a rather good podcast out:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/mythical-legends/id1695592721

Not sure I believe he has four evidence for the British Bigfoot (yet) but great to see a young Fortean getting involved in field research and can recommend the podcast

Has a young Somerset researcher found evidence of the British Bigfoot?

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/real-life/daniel-barnett-14-year-old-8832627

Here he is being interviewed by the CFZ (@lordmongrove is the Zoological Director)

He also has a rather good podcast out:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/mythical-legends/id1695592721

Not sure I believe he has four evidence for the British Bigfoot (yet) but great to see a young Fortean getting involved in field research and can recommend the podcast
He's both highly enthusiastic and sincere, and those are qualities that need as much encouragement aa possible. Experience will bring more context and a degree of healthy scepticism, but the initial spark is the key.

He's both highly enthusiastic and sincere, and those are qualities that need as much encouragement aa possible. Experience will bring more context and a degree of healthy scepticism, but the initial spark is the key.
Agreed. The CFZ once featured an eager young Cryptozoologist from the States who was making his own voice-over documentaries but sadly he received so much online trolling that he gave it up.

‘Bigfootprint’ actually made by tv producer

A team of Sasquatch hunters in woodland near Caerphilly reckoned they finally had proof of the creature’s existence whilst probing the area for a new TV series. Canadian Bigfoot researcher Jason Kenzie said: "It could possibly be a Sasquatch footprint... based on the size alone, it does look closer to an unknown creature than a typical human.”

But the news came as a surprise to cryptozoologist and author Andy McGrath, who had left the footprint himself during work on a different TV show, Weird Britain, which is set to investigate the historical mysteries and folklore of Britain. As part of the segment, they filmed a ‘comical take’ that included ‘several large and crudely made footprints’.

Andy told the Daily Star: "The footprints were ‘an inside joke by our producer, who at 6ft7in tall is our very own Sasquatch!’. He added: “You can't imagine my surprise when I saw the news... they had used the joke footprint that we made while filming a comedy segment about Brenin Llwyd (the Welsh wildman) on Caerphilly mountain. I can't imagine how they got leaked out, but they certainly weren't meant to be taken seriously.

Speaking of Weird Britain, which will be released in the spring of 2024, Andy added: "It's not a comedy show and we do respect the many beliefs and theories we investigate, but we do also have a little gentle fun with the subject, as if to prove the fact that people are willing to believe anything when it comes to Bigfoot. I guess it looks like we accidentally proved our point!"
1699821102622.png

..Andy McGrath, who had left the footprint himself during work on a different TV show, Weird Britain, which is set to investigate the historical mysteries and folklore of Britain. As part of the segment, they filmed a ‘comical take’ that included ‘several large and crudely made footprints’.
Oddly, that doesn't usually stop McGrath himself from proclaiming them as "evidence".

Oddly, that doesn't usually stop McGrath himself from proclaiming them as "evidence".
Yep .. self promotional use bollocks (watch the enjoyable Napoleon Dynamite type Bigfoot comedy film 'The Sasquatch Dumpling Gang' for similar type shenanigans where evidence is planted for media coverage)

full movie:

The Beast of Bolam - a look back at a British Bigfoot investigation twenty years ago. One of the research team was forum member @lordmongrove:

"In the latter part of 2002 and early 2003, there occurred a huge ‘flap’ of Big Hairy Men (BHM) sightings throughout the British Isles that we could not afford to ignore and that required our immediate attention. Indeed, such was the scale of this extraordinary wave of encounters that, even as we made firm plans for an expedition in March, a handful of new sightings of large, man-beasts from the Bolam Lake area of Northumberland, England, arrived in our e-mail In-Box in January that prompted us to undertake an immediate study of the evidence."

http://manbeastuk.blogspot.com/2008/04/jon-downes-and-cfz-trailing-beast-of.html

The Beast of Bolam - a look back at a British Bigfoot investigation twenty years ago. One of the research team was forum member @lordmongrove:

"In the latter part of 2002 and early 2003, there occurred a huge ‘flap’ of Big Hairy Men (BHM) sightings throughout the British Isles that we could not afford to ignore and that required our immediate attention. Indeed, such was the scale of this extraordinary wave of encounters that, even as we made firm plans for an expedition in March, a handful of new sightings of large, man-beasts from the Bolam Lake area of Northumberland, England, arrived in our e-mail In-Box in January that prompted us to undertake an immediate study of the evidence."

http://manbeastuk.blogspot.com/2008/04/jon-downes-and-cfz-trailing-beast-of.html
Not really bigfoot at all. It had more in common with ghosts.

Just watched “ Elusive Bigfoot in Britain “with Paul Sinclair and Andy McGrath on Blaze. Surprisingly balanced and lacking in special effects, re enacted bits etc. I have always been doubtful of unknown hominids roaming theUK, but now I’m not so sure, aninteresting watch

Back