• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

British Man Beast?

It wasn't meant as an insult, just an observation that there may have been a more down to earth explanation for what the witness saw. I personally experienced how the mind can play tricks not too far from the location of that bigfoot sighting. I saw a large black cat moving about in some undergrowth (there had been several ABC sightings in the area) and I crept closer only to find that the big cat was actually a bin bag.
It proved to me how easily we can deceive ourselves (I was aware of the big cat sightings in the area which probably influenced what I saw) - looking back, what I saw was something glossy black behind heavy undergrowth - my mind must have filled in the gaps and come up with cat. It also showed I was daft enough to creep up on a big cat!

I saw black cat shaped things all the time as I have a few black cats, bushes mostly.

Your Wildman map is extraordinary Debbie, fantascit bit of work and I thank you for it.

I live in Gorleston, less than a mile away from the High Street so that story fascinates me. Any more info on it?

Plus, a minor point, the Fritton Woods pointer, is way off.

Cheers.

could you tell me where i should be on the map, its so hard to gt it spot on with google.

Course.

Excuse me I'm not as technical as you I'm afraid. Follow the A143 South from Yarmouth, to Bradwell, down to Fritton. Go to Fritton, zoom in, up New Road, the green area just before the river will do nicely :)

thank you james, il get on to that today. i checked my files and the report came from paranormal database, so i have messaged the editor for his source. as soon as i hear il get back to you. interestingly i came across a report of a puma in your area just last night, i did some research and big cat sightings go way back in that area.

They do indeed. And many in the Hopton area, also the sight of many UFO sighting and an important leyline site. Love to hear more about the puma sighting :)

The cat was seen prowling across a field near to the A12 at Beacon Park at around 8.30am on Tuesday.

Michael Muskett, chairman of NWES, was meeting private consultant Ian Miller at Beacon Innovation Centre when the pair saw the animal.

“It was just beyond the car park walking towards the hedge line at the back of Captain Manby’s pub,” said Mr Miller. “It was like a very large labrador and it had a long curly tail and pointy ears.
He believed the animal was a lynx, and said his wife had also seen big cats in the Blundeston area where he lives.

“It looked in a good condition,” added Mr Miller. “From a standing start it jumped about six to 10ft.”

He said the cats can cover a 10 mile radius.

Mr Muskett, who was made an MBE last year, said he was not sure what he had seen to begin with.

“It just came to the left of the fields and walked across the park here and into the fields at the end of our offices,” he revealed. “I thought ‘that’s not an ordinary cat’.

“Ian, who I was with, said it’s a black puma that’s been seen around the Somerleyton area.

“It was a large black cat with a huge tail.”

He said he has two black cats at home and looked at their tails last night by way of comparison.

“They were nothing like that,” he added. “When you see a lion going along for a kill - it was like that.

“It didn’t walk like a normal cat.”

There have been numerous sightings of big black cats in the wild all over Norfolk in recent years.

But no conclusive evidence of their existence has yet been produced.

Hmm, fascinating. I just drove through that very same spot! And I will say that local businessmen from this area are not known for their imagination so that's amazing. When did that report take place Debbbie.

I used to work in a prison a few miles from that spot and Somerleyton. I did hear a while back that they had fairly recently picked up some strange images on their fence CCTV.

Hmm, fascinating. I just drove through that very same spot! And I will say that local businessmen from this area are not known for their imagination so that's amazing. When did that report take place Debbbie.

I used to work in a prison a few miles from that spot and Somerleyton. I did hear a while back that they had fairly recently picked up some strange images on their fence CCTV.
what i would give to see that cc tv tape. this account was aug 2013 according to the witness

Thanks. Yes, there is still not much on that industrial estate. I cycled around it the other day.

And yes, me too. If I hadn't been working there I would have pried a bit more but for professional reasons couldn't really.

Is this the Sussex Sasquatch? Dog walker snaps mystery beast as she strolled around Duke of Norfolk's estate - and is convinced it's BIGFOOT
A dog walker claims to have caught a photograph of Bigfoot while strolling across a quiet country estate in Sussex.

Caroline Toms was walking her dog Ash through Angmering Park, owned by the Duke of Norfolk, when she spotted a huge ape-like beast not far away.

The border collie was first to notice something strange was going on, barking and running towards the undergrowth where the creature was hiding.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ery-beast-strolled-Duke-Norfolk-s-estate.html

Is this the Sussex Sasquatch? Dog walker snaps mystery beast as she strolled around Duke of Norfolk's estate - and is convinced it's BIGFOOT
A dog walker claims to have caught a photograph of Bigfoot while strolling across a quiet country estate in Sussex.

Caroline Toms was walking her dog Ash through Angmering Park, owned by the Duke of Norfolk, when she spotted a huge ape-like beast not far away.

The border collie was first to notice something strange was going on, barking and running towards the undergrowth where the creature was hiding.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ery-beast-strolled-Duke-Norfolk-s-estate.html
The aristocracy are famously inbred. Just sayin'...

Why does the Duke of Norfolk live in Sussex? Anyhow, that Bigfoot looks like it's wearing hiking boots. And it has a normal human face. You can see the eyes and the beard and everything It's just some bloke dressed in a black jumper, isn't it?

Last edited:
If an apeman took to wearing clothes, would he fool us all into thinking he was a hipster?

Sadly, not a cryptid. Just a rugby player.

The sighting was supposedly Kenny Matthews, 25, a rugby fan who was playing hide and seek with his two children.

His girlfriend Lucy Buzzard - who works as a barmaid at the Fontwell Park Racecourse in West Sussex - said her boyfriend of seven years Kenny Matthews was 'bigfoot'.

She said: "The whole thing is hilarious - it's my partner playing hide-and-seek with our two kids.
"The image looks like a man crouching down and hiding which would make sense (as Kenny was playing hide and seek).

"Kenny had his hood up at the time and was wearing boots and his work clothes, dark trousers with a reflective patch which seems to be in the photo."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/revealed-mystery-bigfoot-sighting-sussex-6810105

Last edited:
Terrified couple draw picture of 'Werewolf of Worcester' after claiming to have bumped into it in the Cotswolds

A terrified couple have drawn a sketch of a fearsome beast they claim to have seen while on a National Trust property at 1am in the Cotswolds.

They also took a blurry picture of the animal, dubbed the 'Werewolf of Worcester' because the drawing, although it is said to be a big cat, has features of a werewolf.

Robert Ingram and wife Nicola sketched what they saw - and the big cat appears to have features which resemble that of a werewolf.

From their drawing, it appears to be standing upright like a humanoid creature, rather than crouching like a cat.

The beast also has protruding, pointed teeth and fearsome, sharp cheekbones.

The pair encountered what they are convinced was a black panther while driving through Croome Court - a National Trust property - at 1am last week.

The couple said the creature weighed about nine stone and was as tall as their car window.

745a4257-2418-4f58-be11-a0534b289553-xlarge_trans++aoVgnm9bslam4Zm6hK-IOeWIekPWrBhpiYCf9hRXGbo.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...w-picture-of-werewolf-of-worcester-after-cla/

‘I was quite scared and confused’ — Edinburgh man believes he spotted Bigfoot in Fife countryside
By GRAEME STRACHAN, 8 April 2016 12.29pm.

• image.jpg
    Mark Luke said he spotted a strange creature near to where a previous sighting was reported at the Five Roads Roundabout in Fife.
A man told his mum he saw a Bigfoot roaming the Fife countryside – after reading about a similar experience in The Courier.

Mark Luke, 46, from Edinburgh broke his silence for the first time after struggling to come to terms with what happened for over a decade.

He decided to speak out after stumbling across an online article fromlast year on The Courier website while researching his own alleged encounter.

Mr Luke, who is a carer, said he spotted the mythical beast just off the Tay Road Bridge in 2005 whilst travelling to Dundee to fill in for nightshift security cover.

His sighting happened in the same year that a former civil servant from Fife reported seeing a creature at the Five Roads Roundabout when he was driving home from work.

Just like Mr Luke, the civil servant had also told nobody at the time and only spoke publicly about what happened some 10 years later.

Mr Luke said: “I had a similar encounter driving back to Edinburgh from nightshift security in Dundee, around 8am, on the A92 south in the same rough are.

“I can remember a forest and I looked to my left to see a tall dark shape standing 20 feet away in the trees.

“At first I thought it was a man but then it came towards me.

“He must have been huge, some eight to ten feet tall, and really wide.

“I was quite scared and confused to be honest.

“I was doing 60mph and I was not going back to look.

“It was dark under the trees.

“I could see shape but no detail.

“I only told my mother after reading the story in The Courier.”

Most scientists discount the existence of Bigfoot and consider it to be a combination of folklore, misidentification, and hoax, rather than a living animal, because of the lack of physical evidence and the large numbers of creatures that would be necessary to maintain a breeding population.

Mr Luke said: “I’m 90% sure they are out there,

“I wont ever be 100% sure until I see a body or capture one.

“There’s too many unexplained things still out there.”

Mr Luke has now joined the British Bigfoot Research team in a bid to track down the truth.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...-spotted-bigfoot-in-fife-countryside-1.932967

That's just over the water from Dundee. Could be a Dundonian who escaped the city and evaded capture.

And the Five Roads Roundabout is a mystery in itself.

I reckon the mysterious fifth road is a portal to another dimension and only appears at certain times. Or maybe Fifers can't count :)

British Man Beasts are an integral part of the folklore of the British Isles.

Wodewoses
Lob-Lie-By-the-Fire, (remember to put out a saucer of milk)
Jimmy Squarefoot
Robin Goodfellow,
Hobs, Pixies, Redcaps and Bogles of various kinds,
Giants from Cornwall up to the North. Cormelian, The Wisbech Giant, Gog and Magog. Little John, Wrekin Giant, Jack In Irons, Foawr, etc

I'm not surprised we still see them. Doesn't mean they are necessarily flesh and blood.

I'm not surprised we still see them. Doesn't mean they are necessarily flesh and blood.

Spot on. See also aliens, faeries, ghosts.

Wodewoses

Odd bit of synchronicity- I consider myself to have more than a passing knowledge of British folklore but I only came across this term yesterday. Surprised me that I'd never heard it before it being a subject I've studied considerably. Then here it is again today :)

British Man Beasts are an integral part of the folklore of the British Isles.

Wodewoses
Lob-Lie-By-the-Fire, (remember to put out a saucer of milk)
Jimmy Squarefoot
Robin Goodfellow,
Hobs, Pixies, Redcaps and Bogles of various kinds,
Giants from Cornwall up to the North. Cormelian, The Wisbech Giant, Gog and Magog. Little John, Wrekin Giant, Jack In Irons, Foawr, etc

Much as I like to think they are real, it could even be something like geomagnetic forces stimulating certain parts of the brain causing a person to hallucinate.

Much as I like to think they are real, it could even be something like geomagnetic forces stimulating certain parts of the brain causing a person to hallucinate.
It's not out of the bounds of possibility, I've thought that myself.

Back