• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Certainly not,look at the movement,but bears here normally are in hibernation when the snow is down,so that’s either a captive bear with a scene set up for the camera,or CGI.

It was a joke!

Certainly not,look at the movement,but bears here normally are in hibernation when the snow is down,so that’s either a captive bear with a scene set up for the camera,or CGI.
It's that normally bit that brings about many doubts! :huh:
I thought (as I was watching the video), that it was about to take a swipe at the drone!

It's that normally bit that brings about many doubts! :huh:
I thought (as I was watching the video), that it was about to take a swipe at the drone!
No doubts if your in bear country.

Man whose face was chewed off by bear gets 'ultimate revenge' by turning it into kebabs

A father and son who were savagely attacked by a bear have carried out ‘ultimate revenge’ by shooting the animal and turning it into kebab meat.

Pär Sundström, 42, and his son Evert, then 14, were on a hunting trip with friends when a large female bear emerged from the trees and charged towards them in Ljusdal, central Sweden, last August.
The beast smashed Pär to the ground and sunk its teeth into his cheek, leaving him with injuries were so severe that he had to undergo facial reconstruction. Pär has since credited his life to his teenage son Evert, who bravely intervened by punching the bear in the head, managing to stall the attack. But the animal then turned on Evert, biting his arm and tossing him around like a rag doll. The move gave Pär enough time to grab his rifle and shoot the bear dead.

Evert, who witnessed the attack yards away, told Swedish media: "I got so terribly angry and thought I had to do something... I practice karate and I ran forward and hit the bear's head as hard as I could with my clenched hand. Then I don't remember anything."

Pär, who was forced to collect chunks of his own face off the forest floor in the hope they could be reattached, said he didn't realise the true extent of his injuries until after he fired the shot. He said: "It splattered like hell, there was blood everywhere. It was a big piece and I didn't want to waste it because I thought they would be able to sew it back in the hospital.”

Bear meat is known for its rich, gamey flavour and tender texture, as Pär desribed it: "The meat is dark, coarse, sweet and requires lots of spices. This bear lived mainly on grasses and herbs; the meat is good to eat. If a bear has eaten carrion, it's not possible to eat. Then the meat smells like surströmming (fermented herring)!'
1707412221132.png

Woman dies after being chased by bear in Slovakia

A 31-year-old woman from Belarus has died after she was chased by a bear in the north of Slovakia, officials said.

The Slovak Mountain Rescue Service said the woman's body had been recovered from the forest in Slovakia's Low Tatras mountains on Friday evening.

She had been walking with a male companion when they were set upon by a bear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68584139

Man whose face was chewed off by bear gets 'ultimate revenge' by turning it into kebabs

A father and son who were savagely attacked by a bear have carried out ‘ultimate revenge’ by shooting the animal and turning it into kebab meat.

Pär Sundström, 42, and his son Evert, then 14, were on a hunting trip with friends when a large female bear emerged from the trees and charged towards them in Ljusdal, central Sweden, last August.

View attachment 73718
What a hero. :rolleyes:

Slovakia: Bear filmed during attack in Liptovský Mikuláš​

Two people are in hospital after being attacked by a bear in the Slovak town of Liptovský Mikuláš, emergency services said.
A 49-year-old woman suffered an injury to her shoulder, while a 72-year-old man was treated for a gash on his head, officials confirmed.
Reports said police went on to drive the bear out of town and into a forest.
Videos posted on social media showed the bear bounding along a road, and in one, lunging at a man on the pavement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68591540

He didn't bear arms.

A brown bear that injured five people during a rampage in a Slovak town has been shot dead, the country's environment minister says.

Video footage of the bear bounding through the streets of Liptovsky Mikulas on 17 March went viral.

It took ten days to track down the brown bear. It was shot dead in a local forest on Tuesday.

The Slovak government now wants greater freedom to reduce the bear population by selective culls.

A drone and biometric technology were used to identify the bear, Environment Minister Tomas Taraba said in a post on Facebook, thanking all those who were involved in the operation.

A state of alert with heightened police patrols were declared in districts across the region last week as a preventative measure against similar attacks.

The bear, estimated by Slovakia's actuality.sk news server to be a three-year-old weighing around 70kg (11 stone), was captured on numerous photos and videos as it ran through the streets of the northern Slovak town earlier this month.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68675794

Back