• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bugs

Pete Younger

Venerable and Missed
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Is this story for real, are we going to be taken back to the stone age as bugs eat their way through modern technology?

When I had an interest in electronics about twenty years ago, I heard of bacteria eating various materials used in electronic components. They can attack insulation materials of various sorts too.

Don't want to put anyone off flying, but they live in the fuel tanks of jetliners too, and can cause problems with fuel delivery. They thrive in jet fuel although no-one seems to know what they like about it...

I don't want to know! I don't want to know! I don't want to know!

If you say it three times it becomes true... well known fact that.

Jane.

mejane said:
I don't want to know! I don't want to know! I don't want to know!

If you say it three times it becomes true... well known fact that.
Hey it's true! You said it 3 times and, hey presto, you don't want to know! :)

So why have I looked at this thread again? There must be a flaw in my theory somewhere... could be a bug.

Totally off-thread as usual, but talking of bugs... several years ago I was beta-testing a new program for a well-known software house (I won't name them but it begins with M, and ends in soft ;) ). Well, this program had a lot of problems (still does for that matter) and I duly filled in my report and sent it off. They replied saying that these were ***not*** bugs, but "unintentional design issues"! And that is why I use a Mac.

Jane.

Back