• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Burlesque pics (work-safe) complete with ghost orbs

zarathustraspake

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I took some photos of the burlesque act, so I thought I'd post them here.

I got the impression some of the attendees were a bit offended by the inclusion of a burlesque routine, possibly thinking it would basically be a strip show. In the event it was actually pretty tame stuff - more bawdy than erotic. Still, I enjoyed it and I think it would be great to have them back again next year.

I did notice a few "ghost orbs" (yes, yes, I know it's the camera flash reflecting off dust, water droplets etc - I'm a good fortean) in the pics. Feel free to make your own innuendo about "seeing some heavenly orbs onstage".

burlesque1.jpg

burlesque2.jpg

burlesque3.jpg

burlesque4.jpg

burlesque5.jpg

burlesque6.jpg

burlesque7.jpg

burlesque8.jpg

It was quite fun. I'd guess an excerpt from longer show.
You don't often get songs where the Devil plays the ukelele...

Timble2 said:

he usually plays the banjo

it was ok, a bit short though

I thought everyone knew he played the piano-accordian?

Anyway, I was disappointed, as I'd been led to believe (from the article on Ms Klaw in FT) that there would actually be some attempts at manifestations (presumably of the cheesecloth and library paste variety). And I agree that it was clearly part of a larger show. Maybe next time, if the venue can be obtained for the evening, we could have an entire performance on the Saturday night? Just a suggestion.

I didn't think the burlesque belonged in the UnCon - not that I was offended much, although the necrophilia song went a bit close to the line - I just found it rather silly and a touch amateurish, esp Arthur Conan Doyle's fairy 'song'.

Back