• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Business / Corporate Complicity In The Holocaust

Little_Grey_Lady wrote,

..Nestle definitely falls under this category because of their ongoing evil deeds...

If this means supplying chocolate to today's masses, I think it is setting the bar rather low.

Last edited:
Little_Grey_Lady wrote,

..Nestle definitely falls under this category because of their ongoing evil deeds...

If this means supplying chocolate to today's masses, I think it is setting the bar rather low.
The key issue for me is the predatory marketing of baby formula to mothers in developing countries. Like heroin, you give the first fixes free. Unlike heroin, it is almost impossible to restart lactation if the mother has not been breastfeeding regularly. So the best case scenario is that a large proportion of the family income goes on formula for the next few years, while the mother-child dyad miss out on the profound and numerous health (physical and emotional) benefits of breastfeeding. The worst case scenario is that there is not a local supply of clean drinking water to make up the formula, and the infants die, either from malnutrition or from pathogens in the water.

In other words, Nestle consciously pursued - and probably still pursues - policies that they know kill children. You'll forgive me, then, if I don't find your remark about selling chocolate to the masses all that funny. Especially when, if you can post on here, you can search google.

And of course significant numbers of Nazi war criminals lived out long and presumably reasonably happy lives in Argentina and other like-minded fascist states, who welcomed them with open legs. I know Mossad agents managed to track down some of the worst offenders though, so one can but hope that the others, until the end of their days, would shit themselves whenever the doorbell rang.

Going off on a slight tangent here, but this topic came up on today's Quora feed.
One forumist posted the following (the poor grammar is all his btw):

"lot of high ranking Nazi's escaped through Spain and on U-Boats to South America, there are lots of reports that U-Boats were seen off the Argentina coast, there are a lot of German People in Argentina who may have given help, the British Army was good at tracing Nazi’s after the war, they estimated 100,000 hardened Nazi’s were loose after the war, they rounded up about 7% mainly for prison."

Which is fairly plausible.
He then goes on to claim though:

"There were reports that Hitler made it to Argentina, way in the outback, Hitler was said to have shot himself and his body burnt by the S.S. outside his Bunker, well the Russian who collected bones and skull did DNA check’s on the bones and they turned out to be a woman’s, so the mystery prevales"

Is this just another BS conspiracy, or have there been any reports to corroborate the claims that the remains discovered in the Berlin bunker were not Hitler's?

The key issue for me is the predatory marketing of baby formula to mothers in developing countries. Like heroin, you give the first fixes free. Unlike heroin, it is almost impossible to restart lactation if the mother has not been breastfeeding regularly. So the best case scenario is that a large proportion of the family income goes on formula for the next few years, while the mother-child dyad miss out on the profound and numerous health (physical and emotional) benefits of breastfeeding. The worst case scenario is that there is not a local supply of clean drinking water to make up the formula, and the infants die, either from malnutrition or from pathogens in the water.

In other words, Nestle consciously pursued - and probably still pursues - policies that they know kill children. You'll forgive me, then, if I don't find your remark about selling chocolate to the masses all that funny. Especially when, if you can post on here, you can search google.

Thank you Krepostnoi, you beat me to it.

INT21 - Google nestle baby milk - they have been doing this for many decades and despite the WHO getting on their case, they've never stopped.
And we haven't even started on their policy in regards to using ground water and creating droughts in water-poor areas, their pollution of water sources by their factories or their child slavery amongst their coffee and cocoa plantations.

Plus their chocolate isn't even that good.

"lot of high ranking Nazi's escaped through Spain and on U-Boats to South America, there are lots of reports that U-Boats were seen off the Argentina coast, there are a lot of German People in Argentina who may have given help, the British Army was good at tracing Nazi’s after the war, they estimated 100,000 hardened Nazi’s were loose after the war, they rounded up about 7% mainly for prison."
Technically there were about 50 u-boats unaccounted for after WW2, but some have since been discovered as wrecks. It is plausible that there are operational u-boats out there somewhere, but they would be hopelessly obsolete now. There isn't much evidence that they formed any major part of the ratlines. There was no need. The world at the time was in chaos, and provided you had decently forged papers, nobody much cared who you were or where you were going post-war, as the world was overflowing with refugees. Why take a cramped stinky u-boat cruise when you can sit on a comfortable ocean liner and smoke, eat well, and chat up the girls?
"There were reports that Hitler made it to Argentina, way in the outback, Hitler was said to have shot himself and his body burnt by the S.S. outside his Bunker, well the Russian who collected bones and skull did DNA check’s on the bones and they turned out to be a woman’s, so the mystery prevales"Is this just another BS conspiracy, or have there been any reports to corroborate the claims that the remains discovered in the Berlin bunker were not Hitler's?
Firstly, there is this article link, but the DNA was matched against Hitler's living relatives and his dental records for a match. The whole Hitler survival myth is sensationalism, much like the ongoing story of nazi super-scientists creating super weapons that are still current. Unless you seriously believe in the myth of Aryans being supermen with magical powers, there is no reason to believe these other stories.

Going off on a slight tangent here, but this topic came up on today's Quora feed.
One forumist posted the following (the poor grammar is all his btw):

Which is fairly plausible.
He then goes on to claim though:

"There were reports that Hitler made it to Argentina, way in the outback, Hitler was said to have shot himself and his body burnt by the S.S. outside his Bunker, well the Russian who collected bones and skull did DNA check’s on the bones and they turned out to be a woman’s, so the mystery prevales"

Is this just another BS conspiracy, or have there been any reports to corroborate the claims that the remains discovered in the Berlin bunker were not Hitler's?
There is a documentary on UK tv , Quest 9pm fridays, called Hunting Hitler, which is looking into this, also I read a book a few years ago dealing with this that convinced me he didn't die in the bunker, ( forget the name of the book and author but will try and find it ).

I must admit that, before participating in this thread, I had no idea that Nestlé had such a sinister past (and indeed present) .
So, much kudos to Cochise, Krepostnoi and you for making me look at my Nespresso machine and coffee pods in a very different light.
I knew that BMW and VW had whole catacombs of skeletons in their cupboards, but was utterly unaware of Nestlé's culpability.

Looks like once again I take a bullet for other people's 'misdeeds' ;)

LGL,

Go back to the start of this Nestle business, and next time, if it still offends you, pick on the right person.

INT21.

Technically there were about 50 u-boats unaccounted for after WW2, but some have since been discovered as wrecks. It is plausible that there are operational u-boats out there somewhere, but they would be hopelessly obsolete now. There isn't much evidence that they formed any major part of the ratlines. There was no need. The world at the time was in chaos, and provided you had decently forged papers, nobody much cared who you were or where you were going post-war, as the world was overflowing with refugees. Why take a cramped stinky u-boat cruise when you can sit on a comfortable ocean liner and smoke, eat well, and chat up the girls?
Firstly, there is this article link, but the DNA was matched against Hitler's living relatives and his dental records for a match. The whole Hitler survival myth is sensationalism, much like the ongoing story of nazi super-scientists creating super weapons that are still current. Unless you seriously believe in the myth of Aryans being supermen with magical powers, there is no reason to believe these other stories.
I wasn’t aware that there had been a DNA match with the skull fragments and Hitlers relatives, I too was under the impression that the DNA test confirmed the bone fragments to be that of a woman. The dentures I know about and agree they were a definite match. Even if he had escaped it would appear that towards the end of the war he was showing advanced symptoms of Parkinson’s so probably wouldn’t actually have lasted long.

Looks like once again I take a bullet for other people's 'misdeeds' ;)

LGL,

Go back to the start of this Nestle business, and next time, if it still offends you, pick on the right person.

INT21.
No, don't try and deflect the blame. You've "taken a bullet", as you call it, for posting that crass remark about "selling chocolate to the masses."

Since you've apparently taken it upon yourself to start dictating how other posters should behave, I'll return the favour: take responsibility for your own content, and next time, exercise better judgement.

I wasn’t aware that there had been a DNA match with the skull fragments and Hitlers relatives, I too was under the impression that the DNA test confirmed the bone fragments to be that of a woman. The dentures I know about and agree they were a definite match. Even if he had escaped it would appear that towards the end of the war he was showing advanced symptoms of Parkinson’s so probably wouldn’t actually have lasted long.
To be fair, the main person pushing the Hitler survived WW2 story was actually Stalin, who was convinced the allies were hiding him. While the Soviets were sitting on the actual remains of Hitler, they had no means of verifying them other than dental records, which weren't 100% conclusive, merely highly suggestive. It wasn't even as if the discovery of DNA meant that suddenly everybody wanted to DNA check the remains; that took ages to come about, but my understanding is that Hitler has a number of surviving relatives, and they were able to sample their DNA to get a positive match.

From what I remember, the soviets hid Hitler's skull, because they didn't want to admit that he had killed himself by shooting.

I've tried googling and I haven't found anything about that, so now I'm doubting my memory. But I found this article on the New York Times for anyone that has an account
https://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/opinion/11beevor.html
which does offer some information about the Soviets treatment of Hitler's remains

THE assertion by American researchers that Hitler might have escaped from Berlin because a skull fragment in a Moscow archive was not his but a young woman’s is rich in paradox. Stalin went to great lengths in 1945 to conceal the fact that Hitler’s body had been identified by pathologists working for Smersh, the Soviet military counterintelligence agency. Stalin even misled his own commander in chief, Marshal Georgi Zhukov, demanding to know why he had failed to find Hitler’s corpse. And Pravda declared that rumors of the discovery of Hitler’s body were a fascist provocation.

Back in the 90's I had to deliver some plant equipment to a site in Erith that was a new incinerator. As I was doing the usual business of wandering around trying to find somebody who would sign my paperwork, a groundworker said 'I'll find ya man for ya' and led me into the building.
There were two huge incinerators inside the building and as we got closer he stopped and grinned at me. 'Look at 'em' he said. 'Yeah', I said, 'they're big'. They had the manufacturer's name cast on the front of them (can't remember what it was). He just stood there so I asked 'What?'
'They made the incinerators that burned the Jews'.
I was shocked at the time that a company that did that was still around but now I'm older and wiser I'm not so surprised.

The Zone of Interest: It's 1943, Rudolf Höss (Christian Friedel), commandant of Auschwitz along with his wife Hedwig (Sandra Hüller) and their five children enjoy an idyllic lifestyle in their house next to the camp. They go on picnics, the children squabble in the car on the way home, Hoss turns off the lights and locks the doors at night, you a;most expect to hear gutten nacht JungeJohann. The house has a beautiful garden, Hedwig is proud of it and has camp inmates as gardeners. She also has maids in the house who are literally on a ticket of leave from death. Hedwig is sometimes kind to the women but when angry threatens to have their ashes scattered, Hoss gains financially from the camp, it is implied that he is bribed by industrialists who he supplies with slave labour, favouring some with having the first pick of new arrivals at the camp. Two contractors arrive at the camp, they have designs for a new more energy efficient crematorium. Hedwig also gains, getting fur coats and diamonds stolen from the inmates. Even the oldest son (about 15) has a collection of gold teeth. Hoss reads fairy tales to his daughter but the grim stories echo what is going on in the camp. W never see the camp itself, only the bits that loom over the garden wall and smoke, along with screams, shouted command, gunfire, the hum of the furnaces. Written and Directed by Jonathan Glazer, loosely based on the 2014 novel by Martin Amis. Glazer brilliantly portrays the banality of evil. 9/10.

In cinemas.

Back