• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cadburys Flake Lady Had An E And Went Mad

Ahh, the perfect excuse to post a (relevant) Half Man Half Biscuit Song, as if I needed one...

Genius. As always.

God I could murder a Cadbury’s Flake
But then I guess you wouldn’t let me into heaven
Or maybe you would
‘Cos their adverts promote oral sex

A Romany bint in a field with her paints
Suggesting we faint at her beauty
But she’s got Dickie Davies eyes

I've never understood why linking the consumption of chocolate with fellatio was supposed to sell confectionery to women. Let me assure you, when a lady is relaxing in the bath the idea of orally pleasuring a man is the LAST thing on her mind.
Smacks of a writer who can't understand why pleasing men isn't a woman's first priority/greatest enjoyment, and therefore thinks this is a good sales tactic...

I used to rather like that trend of making TV adverts like either rock videos or thematic chunks of film, but it's pretty suggestive, I agree.

Try this!

Wow! From the man's hand actions to the woman's tongue actions, and with the music being a night at the opera, it's hard to believe this was a Flake ad! Lolol!! A definite attention getter!!

I used to rather like that trend of making TV adverts like either rock videos or thematic chunks of film, but it's pretty suggestive, I agree.

Try this!

That one wasn't shown on TV because Cadbury's didn't like it.
Their objection was that while a spot of confectionery-themed temptation was acceptable, bringing in the Devil himself was going too far. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Try this!

Well that certainly made me fancy some chocolate. Cadbury’s would be low on the list though.

I just remembered this one that was doing the rounds at the time, i think around mid 90s.

There used to be an advert on TV for Flake that had a woman in a big bath eating it in the middle of an enormous room with epic music, i think sort of it was implying a connection between eating ripple in the bath and having an orgasm, but i can;t find the ad on youtube.

The rumour a few months later was that the lady who was in the bath went to a party and someone put an E in her drink, and she ended up in a mental institution.

Anyone else hear this one?

Edit, i was looking for ripple by mistake, here it is:

Flake Epic Bath Advert
Wasn't the Flake girl married to that Roger Taylor out of Queen? If its the same girl and she had gone (radio) gaga, I'm sure the Queen connection would have led to it being more widely known.

Back