• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Caesar the Geezer + fake psychicness

Mattattattatt

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Does anybody remember Talk Radio DJ Caesar the Geezer's fake psychic claims on-air? It was apparently a "cold-reading experiment[sic]", but at one point he apparently made the front page of the Psychic Times (is that the right magazine?). I heard that he eventually got taken off-air for too many scams (lies) to listeners, although it's possible that his contract just expired. I recall many bereaved callers being misled by the guy in this way (not that there aren't other cold readers who make a career out of this).

yes, i remeber him! once he gave his pager number out over the air for people to contact him if they needed help....James Whale took over his show when he left

Yep, I remember him, I loved the cold reading act especially when he did it when he had a 'genuine' psychic on air with him, he was actually scoring more hits than the psychic. In the end his scams proved his undoing in my eyes as you never knew what was serious and what was not.........

On the same vein ... does anyone know how Nicky Campbell (on radio one) used to predict all those callers star signs ?? I'm quite sure hewasn't psychic !!:D

HAARP said:
On the same vein ... does anyone know how Nicky Campbell (on radio one) used to predict all those callers star signs ?? I'm quite sure hewasn't psychic !!:D

I remember that - he used to do the same thing on Radio5 as well. Someone once called the show and wanted to talk about his (Nicky C's) psychic powers and wouldn't be fobbed off when he protested that he didn't have any. I'd like to know how that little trick worked as well.

Back