• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Calling All Psychic Youths and X-Folk...

Umm, I edited my last post this morningbefore I read the latest ones, and I mentioned the the same symptoms. Only without the tomato allergy, they just make me gag!

Ok, sorry. But this thread is beginning to sound like the plot to the X-Men...
Oh and raw meat (such as raindeer) is popular in Finland for instance. Not that I had any when I went there...

Az

Fact is stranger than fiction, so if this is starting to sound like a plot to X-Men, then sorry but there's probably stranger to come!

Anyway, whos to say that there aren't mutants with over sharp teeth in large quantities, camouflage skin and even tails...

Lo!

As of a few minutes ago, I have acquired the ability to hear Charles Fort spinning in his grave. Does this count? :(

Re: Lo

Mr Bingo: So Charles Fort, if he were alive today, would have just ignored the trend of teenagers who believe themselves to somehow be superhuman?

If Charles Fort is turning in his grave it's to get a better look.

You have got me really thinking about this.

What if there is more than one type of human? You get more than one type of dog or cat, so why not human? Ok this is one of my crazier idea's. Let me put it this way, every human is different but we have many different races. Why can't there be humans out there who are different. May they have psychic powers or to be extra powerful. Maybe there are people like out "X People" out there, maybe there always has been and always will be. Maybe it's natural for some fo us to be like that.

You do not have to agree with what I have said, but it's my opinion.

lucydru

-Oracle- said:
I'm starting to see scepticism here...:mad:

You say that like its a bad thing.

Scepticism, if it's not just denial dressed up as science, is a healthy thing. When the sceptical part of our brain stops working we become subject to delusions. Not that I'm saying that you are deluded but this is the internet and I have no way of telling if you are or not.

Remember, we can't see you. The only information we have about you is what you've posted and your profile. All of which comes from you. Of course the reverse is also true - how much do you actually know about me?

Allow me to take the role of Devil's Advocate for a moment. You say that you and your friends have 2 extra sest of fangs, by which I assume you mean canines. You say that these are 'behind' your canines by which I assume you mean the next tooth along, or the premolars as they are called. Everyone has them and yes they are quite sharp and in some people look a little like fangs, after all until the discovery of fire our ancestors ate raw meat.

You say that some of you have blotchy or mottled skin. Teenagers often do. It's caused by the various hormones running through their systems and reaking havock where-ever they go. That's why I wouldn't go back to my teens if you paid me. It's no fun.

Which brings me to my penultimate point. You say that some of you act 'bestial' when you're angry - baring your teeth, making claws of your hands and so on. Join the club. One of the hormones that causes chaos in the teen years, in both boys and girls, is Estrogen - a 'female' hormone associated with PMT. It would be surprising if you were'nt acting animalistic.

Finally, you say that you wonder if you are a separate race. Some new evolutionary path? Aliens perhaps? Basically you feel out of place and alienated. Show me someone who says they've never felt that way and I will show you someone who doesn't remember being a teenager. It sucks to be a teenager.

Of course if there's anything I've learned as I've passed along my way it's that life is infinitely strange. Everything you say could be literally true. You could be one of a different race of humans. You are certainly a remarkable young man - imaginative, intelligent and an excellent communicator. Your posts are more coherent and better written than many by posters more than twice your age.

However, if you come up with some distainful name for us 'normal' humans like 'Mundane' or somethng and I swear I will open up an unbeleivably large can of whoop-ass on you.;)

Cujo:cool:
That last bit is a joke, mostly.

Cujo said:
Scepticism, if it's not just denial dressed up as science, is a healthy thing. When the sceptical part of our brain stops working we become subject to delusions. Not that I'm saying that you are deluded but this is the internet and I have no way of telling if you are or not.

Remember, we can't see you. The only information we have about you is what you've posted and your profile. All of which comes from you. Of course the reverse is also true - how much do you actually know about me?

=snip=
Of course if there's anything I've learned as I've passed along my way it's that life is infinitely strange. Everything you say could be literally true. You could be one of a different race of humans. You are certainly a remarkable young man - imaginative, intelligent and an excellent communicator. Your posts are more coherent and better written than many by posters more than twice your age.
Hey! I resemble that statement! :D But seriously it's important to remember that not everyone online is what they say they are and many of them could ulterior motives for what they do and say. The safest thing is to assume that they're not what they seem and work from there... Paranoid? Moi? (...Did THEY tell you I was paranoid? ;))
However, if you come up with some distainful name for us 'normal' humans like 'Mundane' or somethng and I swear I will open up an unbeleivably large can of whoop-ass on you.;)

What flavour of whoopass, Original or Cola?

Niles

Thankyou very much Cujo. Its hard to get respect or compliment from people in this fast paced society, intent on its own subliminal destruction by technological inheritence and hereditry abscent mindedness.

If there is one thing I've learnt from the fine individuals on this forum, its that, trust is everything. And even though we are in different parts of the world, with different customs, and different ages. We are still trusting each other enough to say so much to people that we may never meet in this lifetime...I thank you friend for your kind compliment and for the fact that you can place doubt and intrigue together to sustain this society of outstanding students, like myself, and established world citizens. To you all: Thankyou.

:D

Nicely said, but I have to inform you that one of the other people afflicted with these symptoms is 23!

And no. They aren't pre-molars 'cos they are behind the extra canines. And how do you explain the almost instantanious eye colour change?

-Oracle- said:
...Its hard to get respect or compliment from people in this fast paced society, intent on its own subliminal destruction by technological inheritence and hereditry abscent mindedness...

Are you auditioning for dictionary corner on countdown or summat, Oracle?!

I say go for it Oracle. A school for gifted youngsters is, in theory, a sound idea. However, make sure you have a stringent entrance test to differentiate the "gifted" from the "goths".

(Cue token jokey ending to post...) Btw, I have a talent for making alcohol disappear. Can I join?

Oh yes you can join. I have that same ability, but the glass doesn't refill by its self!

Umm, the entrance test would be stringent. And I would by no means let anyone in if they used their gift against another X-Student (unless it was necessary, ie. to heal another or purge them of a psychometric parasite) or for the wrong/evil purpose.
Also, they would be trained with all forms of staffs/swords and martial/self-taught fighting styles...for protection of themselves and others.

And for those who could pose a military advantage (ie. being able to levitate, teleport (as with Tibetan monks) etc.) I would help conceal their ability and protect them best I could from any attempts to capture them for experimentation or use as bio-weapons.

Anyone here want to enrole at "Mutant High" (for lack of a more official name)?
:( :eek: :) :D :rolleyes: :cool: :confused: :eek:

Cujo, what exactly could you do to me if I did label you normal humans as something like 'Mundane' (which I wouldn't 'cos it sounds boring)?

And in any case, what could you possibly do to me if you came to my town, found me and knocked on my door?

-Oracle- said:
Oh yes you can join. I have that same ability, but the glass doesn't refill by its self!

Umm, the entrance test would be stringent. And I would by no means let anyone in if they used their gift against another X-Student (unless it was necessary, ie. to heal another or purge them of a psychometric parasite) or for the wrong/evil purpose.
Also, they would be trained with all forms of staffs/swords and martial/self-taught fighting styles...for protection of themselves and others.

In short you would expect members of your X-Club to...
1) Use their abilities in an ethical manner and not abuse them or overuse them.
2) Assist each other in any way possible.
3) Push themselves to develop their abilities to their peak.

I think that your concern of members using their abilities against one another are over simplistic. It might be advantagous for them to use them against each other during training but an abuse outside that enviroment. Seeing each others abilities in use might inspire others to see either a weakness in said abilities or other uses for them.

The need for self-defense training is also questionable as your best protection is to avoid conflict. But I can see it's uses if your talents lie in that direction...

And for those who could pose a military advantage (ie. being able to levitate, teleport (as with Tibetan monks) etc.) I would help conceal their ability and protect them best I could from any attempts to capture them for experimentation or use as bio-weapons.

I've never met anyone whoms abilities are quite as flashy as above, but even someone with the force of will to close minor wounds, someone who get an impression of what someone is thinking with a simple handshake, someone who has a good intuition for danger or, at the most extreme, someone who can generate a few newtons of force with a though. These all have 'military' applications.

How do you suggest protecting people from the various government agencies that would be interested in aquiring them as resources. The best defense is to stay hidden and not advertise yourself. Unfortunatly that may no longer be an option for you.

Anyone here want to enrole at "Mutant High" (for lack of a more official name)?
:( :eek: :) :D :rolleyes: :cool: :confused: :eek:

Count me in. You'll need someone with some idea of how these things work. This isn't a comic-book; good doesn't always conquer evil, in fact 'evil' has the upper hand in RL. I'll go along with you kids as long as you don't dress in silly costumes and run around trying to 'good'.

Niles

-Oracle- said:
...to heal another or purge them of a psychometric parasite...

Wha...? Psychometric what?! Do they really exist?!

-Oracle- said:
Cujo, what exactly could you do to me if I did label you normal humans as something like 'Mundane' (which I wouldn't 'cos it sounds boring)?

And in any case, what could you possibly do to me if you came to my town, found me and knocked on my door?

Careful, mate, looks like she's gonna bring the girders! :(

-Oracle- said:

Flame em till they run, hex em till they glow. That's my motto :D

But seriously I have studied Tai Chi. Not enough to levitate or achive inner harmony and ballence. Not even quite ennough to punch your septum out through the back of your head, well, not yet anyway. But I could definately give you a really serious slap, it would, like, sting and stuff.

I should also point out that I have 2 younger brothers and thus I am privy to all those unplesant tricks for inflicting pain without leaving marks that all older sisters know.

But I am sworn to only use my powers for good.:cool:

Cujo

Cujo said:
Irn Bru of course, what kind of Sasenach do you take me for.
:D
Cujo

But Cujo, they only make Whoopass in original and cola flavours!

Niles

Hey, Tibetan Monks have been levitating and teleporting and doing "flashy" things for centuries. Why can't normal people, y'know without going bald and naked in the snow!?

Yes. But only in training.

Ever heard of the KGB?

X-kids

Well, there may be more 'gifted' people out there than u may know...

After all, I think all or at least lots of kids are born, 'senstive' to the paranormal (i.e. ghosts, angels, that stuff) and later on, would lose that kind of thing as they became older... I know this because I do remember that my sister was a little similar to me, but much more less senstive and lost it pretty early. My brother was quite similar to me as we both were very close, but he lost his abilities (i.e. see ghosts, know who's going to turn up in the day, guess hidden pictures accurately) by the time he was nine - and my older 1/2 brother whom I did not meet only until a few years ago informed me that he had a quite 'active' ESP - ability to find lost things, know who is going to call him, sense people in trouble and so on forth - but just one day woke and lost his ability when he was 19. (he later told me that it felt like a burden, and he felt free after he lost his ability)

I think that if any secret project nab any kids, (well, kids with a quite high level of senstivity) and educates them, trains them, they could develop some kind of a X-kid which would be able to sense other people and make things move.

In a more complex sense, these people (that I am part of as well) who have these abilities are not neccessarily separate from the 'normal' bunch, but more of coexisiting in the normal but at the same time existing in a different dimension, (which is actually with their mind), and it is possible (but probably very difficult) for a normal person to attempt to exist in that 'dimension' as well and gain abilities. All it takes is training, like these monks that you mentioned...

Re: Canines

The extra canine thing, is there any "normal type" (medical) causes of this?

lucydru

Oracle, do you really think trainning the X folk in all forms of martial arts that basically involve a stick wise?

It should be there choice if they want to know how to protect themselves (if needed). And basic self defence courses are generally enough.

If they can't talk, use their given power/s or run away (running away isn't being chicken it's being smart) then some form of self defence is needed but the types you are talking about involve the use of a weapon. In a situation that requires skill to defend yourself you don't usually have one handy.

lucydru

Nothing is ever quite as it seems is it?

I mean, this thread isn't just a thread, it has served as a connection point for the psychic fortean community to air their abilities and discuss them with others...

Went to Castle Howard in Yorkshire, England today. Went into the chapel. Felt a presence and left!

Didn't care much for the Jahova's Witnesses that called this morning, with her book of tripe (no offence to JWs on here, but you shouldn't be on here 'cos you are TOTALLY against this "evil" that is ghosts and psychic powers etc.) and her little look of self pitty and undistinguishable flame of pompousnous!

Now, as I type this, I am listening to "Fairytale of New York". A Christmas song by The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl...:confused:

-Oracle- said:
Hey, Tibetan Monks have been levitating and teleporting and doing "flashy" things for centuries. Why can't normal people, y'know without going bald and naked in the snow!?

Yes. But only in training.

Ever heard of the KGB?

As I said before... I've never seen someone teleport, levitate or anything as dramatic as that. Do you have any idea how much power it would take to achieve such an effect? The most dramatic effect I've seen is two pyrokinetics fighting over the flame of an oil lamp; one trying to extinguish it and the other make it burn faster. Watching a little glass oil lamp about 6cm in diameter produce a flame of over 30cm in height was prertty damn impressive!

Yes I've heard of the KGB, what about them?

Niles

-Oracle- said:
Now, as I type this, I am listening to "Fairytale of New York". A Christmas song by The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl

You're so crazy

Re: Sticks

Sorry Oracle, you did say staffs/swords, although staffs are just long thin pieces of wood.

I used to practise Karate (Wado-ryu style) for a while but had to stop :( so I do know a bit about the arts. I know what for some it can help focus there mind and there energies, it teaches self disipline and respect for themselves and others. So for some X-folk out there it would be a good idea. But what I do know is that it isn't right for all.

lucydru

I must say Lucydru, you are correct and I respect you for upholding your beliefes...

Time to come clean

Ok, sign me up for your group. I've been resisting it, partly because I'm just not a joiner and partly because I worry that a bunch of young people turning themselves into gigantic targets for every unplesant psychic force on the go may not be the smartest thing to do.

By your rules I do seem to qualify. I have had three sets of lower canines. I do have mottled skin (well freckles), my eyes do change colour as do the eyes of both my brothers (there's a non-weird explanation unfortunately) I do sigil magic with a fair degree of success and my Mother swears I'm psychic.

Oh the explanation for the eye thing - if your eye colour is made up of more than one colour then the angle/amount/colour of light hitting your iris affects the colour that shows up. For example I have grey/blue eyes and when I wear jade green my eyes look much more blue, when I narrow my eyes or frown less light gets to my eyes and they look more grey. The most extreme example I know is one of my brothers who has green/hazel/grey/blue/brown eyes depending on the time of day, colour of clothes he's wearing, angle of light, source of light, time of year etc.

Back