Calling Norfolk Forteans

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
The police are meant to be shifting them from the carny field today, I'd like to go down and film it but I don't want my camera to be stolen or damaged ... I could strap it to my wrist I suppose. As much as some of them have acted like pricks, I hope we don't get a repeat of the '85 battle of the beanfield, one of my old mates was there, The Levellers recorded a song about it, it wasn't pretty. :( .. pure police brutality

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Crusty Jugglers.

Swifty

Reaction score
Last edited:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
The police are meant to be shifting them from the carny field today, I'd like to go down and film it but I don't want my camera to be stolen or damaged ... I could strap it to my wrist I suppose. As much as some of them have acted like pricks, I hope we don't get a repeat of the '85 battle of the beanfield, one of my old mates was there, The Levellers recorded a song about it, it wasn't pretty. :( .. pure police brutality

Are the Norfolk invaders New-Age Travellers or ordinary Travellers?

Swifty

Reaction score
Ordinary travellers, no disenfranchised middle class juggler 20 year old twats with ginger dreadlocks amongst them, just a bunch of tough looking fuckers in checked shirts and the girls all looking like Amy Winehouse .. I'm told they've been moved on now .. good luck Yarmouth !

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
just reading the news, it appears police are looking for somebody going by the name "swifty" residing in cromer, he is under suspicion of handing out £20 to travelers if they smash up every place he has worked at. the travellers said best take off and nuke cromer from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Swifty

Reaction score
Everyone's currently kicking off on social media about the lack of police control over the weekend, I'm just astonished and relieved that I wasn't somehow dragged into this fracas, I'm normally unlucky enough to be with this sort of thing ..

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Everyone's currently kicking off on social media about the lack of police control over the weekend, I'm just astonished and relieved that I wasn't somehow dragged into this fracas, I'm normally unlucky enough to be with this sort of thing ..
Give it time... :)

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Ah Cromer, the gift hat keeps on giving
Cromer Carnival apologise for Rolf Harris stunt
PUBLISHED: 20:23 22 August 2017 | UPDATED: 08:21 23 August 2017

The photograph appeared on Cromer Carnival's official Facebook page before being spotted and quicky removed. Picture: Facebook

Cromer Carnival has issued a public apology after a prankster dressed as convicted paedophile Rolf Harris won a prize in its fancy dress competition - while holding a poster that read: “I touch kids”.

Cromer Carnival is one of the biggest events in North Norfolk. Picture: James Bass Photography
Organisers were blasted by furious parents after posting a picture of Oliver Denton, 29, wearing the former TV star’s trademark specs and beard on their official Facebook page.

The fancy dress dance is the last of a week-long series of events staged by Cromer Carnival which attracts tens of thousands of visitors, many of them families with young children, to the town each summer.
etc...
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/cromer-carnival-apologise-for-rolf-harris-stunt-1-5159632

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Cromer is a very nice, quiet, genteel seaside town...or it always seemed that way when i walked there from sheringham in quest of doughnuts.

Swifty

Reaction score
Last edited: