• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Calling Norfolk Forteans

Graylien

As if!
Do you live in Norfolk? Do you wish there was a local Fortean Society? Me too. In fact, I thought I'd have a stab at setting one up, although frankly I don't have a clue how to go about it. The idea would be to find a basement somewhere where we could meet a couple of times a month to discuss high strangeness, watch fortean-themed films, and listen to talks.

If you'd like to be involved, or have any advice to offer, drop me a line at

[email protected]

Isn't @Swifty in Norfolk? He must qualify for citizenship by this stage. Certainly seems NFN.
North Norfolk adopted me 11 years ago Ramon but I'm still not willing to shag my Sister.

.. I'd be more than happy to turn up to one of Grey's Fortean meets though, even if his original post is ten years old now ..

CoastalJames is a Norfolk resident as well ..

Last edited:
I forgot all about this. AFAIK there still isn't an organisation for Norfolk Forteans. Possibly a few ghost and UFO clubs scattered about.
There was Haunted Norfolk that a mate took over after the original owners, as far as I know, they might be up for a meet up.

There was Haunted Norfolk that a mate took over after the original owners, as far as I know, they might be up for a meet up.
Thanks, that sounds interesting Swifty. There's no obvious group now called "Haunted Norfolk" unless they've changed their name.

Thanks, that sounds interesting Swifty. There's no obvious group now called "Haunted Norfolk" unless they've changed their name.
His nickname's 'Meaty' .. him and his Mrs took over the group after the previous bloke handed it over to them .. I still see him about so I'll try and get his contact details for you.

.. and the last thing he told me, they'd closed down ... they were one of those groups who got payment from people to join them at various reputedly haunted locations, with a meal if it was in a pub etc .. I expect he's still free style ghost hunting though ..

As a sub group, I think we should call ourselves Norteans .. or maybe NFNteans ? ..

I hope Swifty is ok!

A seaside town was reportedly in "lockdown" on Saturday night as disorder forced pubs and bars in the resort to shut.

Venues in Cromer, Norfolk, said they had closed early due to "local events".

Cromer Pier posted on social media to say its theatre bar was closing "on the advice of police".

Norfolk Police said extra officers were on patrol "following reports of low-level disorder" but stressed that accounts of a stabbing were unfounded.

Residents said a group of people had been fighting in the town, which they described as "in lockdown". ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-40990174

Damn foreign zombies, coming over here, taking our jobs and eating our women!

Back