• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Calling Norfolk Forteans

The police are meant to be shifting them from the carny field today, I'd like to go down and film it but I don't want my camera to be stolen or damaged ... I could strap it to my wrist I suppose. As much as some of them have acted like pricks, I hope we don't get a repeat of the '85 battle of the beanfield, one of my old mates was there, The Levellers recorded a song about it, it wasn't pretty. :( .. pure police brutality

Last edited:
The police are meant to be shifting them from the carny field today, I'd like to go down and film it but I don't want my camera to be stolen or damaged ... I could strap it to my wrist I suppose. As much as some of them have acted like pricks, I hope we don't get a repeat of the '85 battle of the beanfield, one of my old mates was there, The Levellers recorded a song about it, it wasn't pretty. :( .. pure police brutality

Are the Norfolk invaders New-Age Travellers or ordinary Travellers?

Ordinary travellers, no disenfranchised middle class juggler 20 year old twats with ginger dreadlocks amongst them, just a bunch of tough looking fuckers in checked shirts and the girls all looking like Amy Winehouse .. I'm told they've been moved on now .. good luck Yarmouth !

just reading the news, it appears police are looking for somebody going by the name "swifty" residing in cromer, he is under suspicion of handing out £20 to travelers if they smash up every place he has worked at. the travellers said best take off and nuke cromer from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Everyone's currently kicking off on social media about the lack of police control over the weekend, I'm just astonished and relieved that I wasn't somehow dragged into this fracas, I'm normally unlucky enough to be with this sort of thing ..

Everyone's currently kicking off on social media about the lack of police control over the weekend, I'm just astonished and relieved that I wasn't somehow dragged into this fracas, I'm normally unlucky enough to be with this sort of thing ..

Give it time... :)

Ah Cromer, the gift hat keeps on giving
Cromer Carnival apologise for Rolf Harris stunt
PUBLISHED: 20:23 22 August 2017 | UPDATED: 08:21 23 August 2017

The photograph appeared on Cromer Carnival's official Facebook page before being spotted and quicky removed. Picture: Facebook

Cromer Carnival has issued a public apology after a prankster dressed as convicted paedophile Rolf Harris won a prize in its fancy dress competition - while holding a poster that read: “I touch kids”.

Cromer Carnival is one of the biggest events in North Norfolk. Picture: James Bass Photography
Organisers were blasted by furious parents after posting a picture of Oliver Denton, 29, wearing the former TV star’s trademark specs and beard on their official Facebook page.

The fancy dress dance is the last of a week-long series of events staged by Cromer Carnival which attracts tens of thousands of visitors, many of them families with young children, to the town each summer.
etc...

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/cromer-carnival-apologise-for-rolf-harris-stunt-1-5159632

Cromer is a very nice, quiet, genteel seaside town...or it always seemed that way when i walked there from sheringham in quest of doughnuts.

I've just discovered Cromer beach has a ghost dog that isn't anything to do with Black Shuck (our other more famous demon/ghost/spirit dog) .. ace ! ..

He's a good boy yesheisyesheisyesheis ! :doggy:

aghostdog.jpg

http://enjoycromermore.co.uk/news/weird-norfolk-the-ghostly-black-dog-of-cromer-1-5164130

From the Eastern Daily Press journalists who brought us 'Weird Norfolk' in the newspaper as well as on facebook and youtube over the last six years, they will now be focussing their love of all things Norfolk and Fortean at facebook's Norfolk Folklore Society.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1400157574074513/

I'm not from the area - but I've been listening to that for a while now. It's pretty interesting, and I like the presenters.

I first came across them some years ago after stumbling across the haunted caravan story. (And I have a vague memory that the shopping centre 'haunted balloon' has been looked at somewhere on these threads.)

I think it was just called Weird Norfolk back then. Maybe they decided that title was unnecessarily tautological.

I'm not from the area - but I've been listening to that for a while now. It's pretty interesting, and I like the presenters.

I first came across them some years ago after stumbling across the haunted caravan story. (And I have a vague memory that the shopping centre 'haunted balloon' has been looked at somewhere on these threads.)

I think it was just called Weird Norfolk back then. Maybe they decided that title was unnecessarily tautological.
Weird Norfolk is still going but for some reason one of the women who ran it has left the EDP now and Weird Norfolk was ran by the EDP .. Weird Norfolk isnt going to be run by her anymore .. here's the full announcement ..

Dear @everyone
Since Siofra Connor first had the idea for a Weird Norfolk series in 2017, we have faithfully documented the folklore of the county, ghost stories we’ve unearthed, quirky corners of Norfolk, interesting places to visit and other tales we’ve collected along the way.
Our first story was published on March 19 2017, so we’ve almost made it to six full years of Weirdness. It’s been amazing - we always knew it would be because we LOVE what we do and we put our hearts into everything we’ve produced. Write what you know, as they say.
BUT…Siofra left the business last year and my department ceased to be last Friday, so neither of us are employed at the EDP any longer and therefore are not allowed to run this Facebook account.
We’re sad to say goodbye to Weird Norfolk and will miss you, but have been assured the page will remain, run by the EDP’s web team.
We hope that you have enjoyed our version of Weird Norfolk: we have loved bringing you along on our dark journey.

We have always tried to treat our stories with the respect they command, carefully looked into any back stories, researched the intricacies and spoken to experts in the field (sometimes literally!) because as fans of the strange, we know that a story that leaves questions unanswered is worse than no story at all.
If you’d like to follow us elsewhere, our podcast and our own continued stories of the strange, uncanny and weird will be posted at Norfolk Folklore Society. You can contact us there.
Equally, Siofra works on Shuck Zine, a Norfolk zine all about the strange things that happen in the county – the new edition, all about Beasts in Norfolk (think Black Shuck, the Gildencroft Bogey, the Beast of the A1075 and more) will be out in the next few weeks – so there’s lots of wonderfully weird things going on there, too. Shuck is on Instagram, search and you will find, editions are available on Etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SHUCKzine
In short, you will always be able to find us on the other side. But if you follow this page, you’ll already know that. Thank you for being wonderfully welcoming, we look forward to greeting you in our next life at the Norfolk Folklore Society.
We’ll sign off for the last time tonight. Stay Weird, pals,
Stacia and Siofra
1f5a4.png
1f5a4.png

All reactions:
297You and 296 others

@Swifty you enabler you!!!!!! Just ordered issues 3-5 of the Shuck zine. You are officially A Very Naughty Boy

Anyone want to sell me issues 1 and 2?

:twothumbs:

@Swifty you enabler you!!!!!! Just ordered issues 3-5 of the Shuck zine. You are officially A Very Naughty Boy

Anyone want to sell me issues 1 and 2?

:twothumbs:
Cool! .. I hadn't even heard of it until their facebook post yesterday. Perhaps you can join their page and ask them for their first two issues? ..

edit: I've just sent you an invitation to join.

Last edited:
Cool! .. I hadn't even heard of it until their facebook post yesterday. Perhaps you can join their page and ask them for their first two issues? ..

edit: I've just sent you an invitation to join.

and responded! and am in! :D

failing on asking about #1 and #2 though. Siezed with autistic panic at the idea of communicating with new people. :headbang:

The Norfolk Folklore Society is no doubt a very noteworthy organization, but doesn't sound as if it will encompass the wide remit of Weird Norfolk.

Back