• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Can anyone see any "hidden animal" in this photo?

A

Anonymous

"The Creature in the Creek" This photo is supposed to show an "unknown" creature that the photographer mistook for a beaver... however hard I look at the photo I cannot see anything resembling an animal at all!

Weirdly one comment says that "female reporters at a press conference could see the creature, but male reporters could not"... is there such a thing as a creature only visible to women?!? Can any female Forteans see the creature in the photo on the site?

The text says the creature has "large black eyes" which another reader describes as resembling "breathing holes", I cant see anything like that... others have commented that it looks like an otter or like a soft shelled turtle.

Anyone with any software that can "enhance" the image or at least show the outline of the creature? I cant even see anything resembling a simulacra...

I see a very vague simulacra of an animal's face... but for it to be an animal, it would have to be coming straight out from the rock, and uh, translucent. Its just water running over a rock. Stupidest thing I've seen all day.

Either this guy is a retard or this will be revealed to be an experiment on the gullibility of crypto-investigators (or maybe the public in general). It's a very poor simulacrum of a fishy-type face created by the rock and the foam on the water. And I think the guy needs some lessons on photography, too - I wouldn't want to look at his holiday snaps if they're all like that!

The cropped image is just foam... but are we sure the site has cropped the picture and is looking at the right thing?

Look at the far right of the picture, verically central, and there is a clearer simulacra of a wolverine-like animal with a large paw. Can anyone else see it?

Yeah, I noticed that too! Also, below the fishy-face and slightly to the left is a pretty decent alien face, with two wrapparound black eyes, small nostrils and a tiny straight mouth.

Must be a underwater crypto-convention.

I can sort of make out a vague shape in the blow-up which may be the supposed creature. But by my estimation the stream is quite small and I'd say the creature' is only a few inches long!

I can also see Evilsprout's 'wolverine' and I'm sure if you look long enough there's fairies and elves there too!

From the site
Maybe the Creature in the Creek is just a freak of nature, a combination of pebbles and swirling water that makes it look like something I wished it to be...

That's the one, matey ;).

Look at the far right of the picture, verically central, and there is a clearer simulacra of a wolverine-like animal with a large paw. Can anyone else see it?
Yes! I can see what looks like an old-sepia-photograph type image of a mammal face (somehwere between bear, pig and mustelid) looking straight at me out of a rock, and a paw-like shape beneath it. Looks like a double exposure, and could probably be mistaken for either a beaver or an otter, and it does have black eyes. Although it couldsnt possibly be a soft shelled turtle...

Re: Can anyone see any "hidden animal" in this pho

Weirdly one comment says that "female reporters at a press conference could see the creature, but male reporters could not"... is there such a thing as a creature only visible to women?!? Can any female Forteans see the creature in the photo on the site?

I'm female and all I see is water and rocks.

It looks far too close up to be any of the animals mentioned, IMO. Have you seen the pic of Bigfoot looking up at the camera from below, with huge blades of grass? I think it's a similar optical trick; if we knew the size of the rocks and depth of the water, we'd be disappointed.

Maybe it's a tadpole or a duckling?

I copied the image into adobe photoshop and magnified it and searched almost every pixel, but couldn’t see any critter. (I did see a witches face in the pebbles!) I was just about to post that I can’t see anything but rocks, weeds and water, but I was called away from the PC. When walking back, viewing the monitor from several feet away, I suddenly saw an otter / wolverine face on top of the big rock. Now that I’ve seen it it’s very clear, but I’m pretty sure this is a simulacra. It’s very hard to judge scale – but isn’t that always the case with glorious fortean-o-vision?
This reminds me of a recent incident when I was viewing the latest video clip of 'nessie'. I was sure I was seeing an otter. A friend was convinced it was the fin of a salmon. When we compared notes, it emerged that, although we were watching the same clip, we were seeing completely different images - I was taking the image to be a complete animal, she took it as a blurred close up showing just part. Once we had compared notes, we each saw what the other was seeing!:confused:

Piccie

Re my last post,
I attach a copy of the image with the face outlined in green - this is the first time I've tried to attach a file to a post here, so not sure if it'll work!

Okay - forget that, I've tried several times, and even when I use an optimised gif barely 100K I'm told that the file size is too large.

If any one wants a copy, e-mail me on [email protected]

Piccie

Re my last post,
I attach a copy of the image with the face outlined in green - this is the first time I've tried to attach a file to a post here, so not sure if it'll work!

Okay - forget that, I've tried several times, and even when I use an optimised gif barely 100K I'm told that the file size is too large.

If any one wants a copy, e-mail me on [email protected]

Back