• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Can FT Sue Them?

There's been an Un-Convention at the MELKWEG (Milky Way) in Amsterdam for a few years now, music based of course.

They have pies! I know which Uncon I'm going to.

I think these are fairly Fortean looking pies:

stargazy_pie1252713606.jpg

And you could have Angel Cake, Fairy Cakes, Devil's Cake,,,,

I want Battenberg! The proper Cork-German type, originally from Munster no doubt. Triangular cross section and coated in chocolate.

ramonmercado said:
I want Battenberg! The proper Cork-German type, originally from Munster no doubt. Triangular cross section and coated in chocolate.

Sorry to go completely OT, but can you tell me more about triangular Battenbergs please?! I've looked all over the net and can't find anything but square ones and I'm intrigued.
I did find what looks like a good recipe that I might have to try now; I've never tried to make it before, so my time hasn't been wasted ;)

Fluttermoth said:
ramonmercado said:

Sorry to go completely OT, but can you tell me more about triangular Battenbergs please?! I've looked all over the net and can't find anything but square ones and I'm intrigued.
I did find what looks like a good recipe that I might have to try now; I've never tried to make it before, so my time hasn't been wasted ;)

You only find them in Cork. Different flavoured spongecake inside with vanilla & jam fillings.
http://www.oldmill.ie/index.php

They give a list of stockists but I haven't seen them in Dublin for years.

MMmmmmm...Battenberg. My all-time favourite cake! Alas, I can no longer partake of this luxury...

Back