• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cannabis Is Good For You

It's the only thing which actually helps my gastroparesis, intersistial cystitis and visceral hypersensitivity.

Normal medications do nothing for me except give me a whole load of horrible side effects.

I don't need to do it very often but once a month and it can help relax my painful bladder spasms and helps me digest food.

Spot on cannabis does dull pain, just ask this ex paratrooper. I've gotten no relief from the CBD oils but the bud w THC at least takes my mind off orthopedic issues. I hate steriods and opiates but been treat with both many times and yes bad side effects.

I think it is particularly the THC which soothes my insides in a way that big pharma drugs just never could.

Nature definitely works wonders here.

The doctors just want to shove me on loads of horrible medications that do nothing but invite more side effects and misery.

Just nothing but weed helps.

I personally think that in moderation it is good for you.

But in edibles rather than smoking.

I have an amazing cookbook which is filled with loads of recipes and has instructions on the best way to get the THC (ingredient which gets you high) out.

It certainly can help with sleep but it's definitely something you want to be careful with and be sure to not have too much.

You can have an amazing time on it but too much and you'll regret it.

It probably doesn't.

From what I've read after taking cannabis you may have longer "deep" sleep, (the physically restorative part of sleep), but it affects your REM dreaming sleep and that's the sleep that benefits mood, brain functioning, etc.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/12148-sleep-basics
https://thesleepdoctor.com/2020/01/21/how-does-cannabis-affect-the-stages-of-your-sleep/

It probably doesn't.

From what I've read after taking cannabis you may have longer "deep" sleep, (the physically restorative part of sleep), but it affects your REM dreaming sleep and that's the sleep that benefits mood, brain functioning, etc.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/12148-sleep-basics
https://thesleepdoctor.com/2020/01/21/how-does-cannabis-affect-the-stages-of-your-sleep/

Is it a potential short term solution, like sleeping tablets?

Last edited:
People who smoke marijuana ‘have more empathy’ than the rest of the population, according to a new study.

Researchers found that those who regularly smoke weed find it easier to recognise and understand how others feel according to researchers at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.

Brain scans also revealed cannabis users’ anterior cingulate – a region linked to empathy – was particularly active.

As a result, they were better place to feel someone else’s emotional state within their own body.Expert Dr Víctor Olalde-Mathieu, claimed cannabis could help social anxiety and other disorders that make it challenging to be around people.

‘Although further research is needed, these results open an exciting new window for exploring the potential effects of cannabis in aiding treatments for conditions involving deficits in social interactions, such as sociopathy, social anxiety, and avoidant personality disorder, among others,’ he said.

‘Empathy’ was divided into two categories for the study, published in the Journal of Neuroscience Research.

‘These findings highlight positive effects of cannabis on interpersonal relationships and potential therapeutic applications,’ said Dr Olalde-Mathieu.

‘We believe that the differences shown by regular cannabis users in the emotional comprehension scores and their brain functional connectivity, could be related to the use of cannabis.

‘However, we cannot discard that such differences were present before the users started their use of cannabis.

Dr Olalde-Mathieu added: ‘Previous research has shown that these types of psychometric results correspond with the subjective experience and behaviours of cannabis users related to a greater understanding of other emotions, less verbal hostility, enhanced pro-sociality and empathic predisposition to others’ situations.’

The study was limited by the cannabis being ‘lower quality’ in Mexico than in the US, with the former containing just 2% to 10% THC, the psychoactive ingredient.

Back