• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cannibalism: Disturbing, Gory—Strangely Common

Cannibal-plot case tossed; ex-cop gets out of jail

Former New York City police officer Gilberto Valle. right, dubbed by local media as the "Cannibal Cop," and his mother Elizabeth Valle leave the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in Lower Manhattan July 1, 2014.:

NEW YORK (AP) — A former New York Police Department officer left jail on Tuesday after a judge overturned his conviction in a bizarre case accusing him of plotting to kidnap, kill and eat young women.

Judge Paul Gardephe ruled late Monday that there was insufficient evidence to support a jury's guilty verdict in the kidnapping conspiracy conviction of Gilberto Valle. His lawyers had argued that the alleged plots were really fantasy online role play that never put anyone in harm's way.

He offered a public apology outside court "to anyone who was hurt, shocked or offended by my infantile actions."

Valle — dubbed by the tabloids as the "Cannibal Cop" — smiled at his family and hugged his lawyers in court. The judge set bail at $100,000 and ordered home detention for the defendant after prosecutors told him they intended to appeal his ruling.

"The government believes the jury got it right," said Assistant U.S. Attorney Hadassa Waxman.

Valle was convicted in March 2013 on the conspiracy charge — which carries a possible life term — and a misdemeanor count of illegally accessing a law enforcement database.

Valle, 40, "is guilty of nothing more than very unconventional thoughts," one of his attorneys, Julia Gatto, said outside court. "We don't put people in jail for their thoughts. We are not the thought police." ...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/canni ... ut-of-jail

Nurse Dale Bolinger 'planned to eat girl', court hears

A man with a cannibalism fetish planned to kill a 14-year-old girl with an axe before eating her, a court heard.
Nurse Dale Bolinger, 57, used the online Dark Fetish Network to discuss beheading and eating women and girls for sexual gratification, Canterbury Crown Court was told.
He bought an axe in Broadstairs, Kent, in September 2012, the day before he was due to meet the girl, it was said.
Mr Bolinger denies attempting to meet a child under 16 after sexual grooming.

The court was told an email address being used by Mr Bolinger was traced by the FBI.
Prosecuting, Martin Yale told the jury they were investigating internet chats about the rape, killing and cannibalism of women.
The court heard Mr Bolinger, formerly of Canterbury, thought he was chatting to a 14-year-old Mexican girl called Eva, who was living in Germany.

During their chats he proposed to meet her at Ashford International station and discussed the sexual acts he would perform before and after her death.
Mr Yale said: "He said he would murder her with an axe or a cleaver and then he would eat her."

Jurors heard that Mr Bolinger told the girl: "The idea of making love and then eating you is a very great turn-on.
"I have been called a very generous lover and I would be very generous to you before I prepped you for the table."
But Eva, whose identity has never been established, did not arrive and Mr Bolinger went home.

He said he had only gone to Ashford station because he feared for the girl's safety.

Mr Yale told the court that chat logs obtained by Kent Police contained conversations making graphic references to sexual abuse, murder and cannibalism of women and children of a wide range of ages, including babies.
Mr Bolinger's trial heard how he claimed to have eaten a 39-year-old woman and a five-year-old child during chats with other users on the network.

While searching Mr Bolinger's phone and computer, police found indecent images of children with titles including "dinner; one in, one waiting", "the BBQ", "the BBQ2" and "the BBQ3", the jury was told.
He was arrested by Kent Police in February following liaison with FBI officers in the United States and charged seven months later.

The trial continues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-28313483

Carn Brea woman protests nude at cannibal groomer Dale Bolinger's trial
By WB Esme
Posted: July 18, 2014

A model from Carn Brea has been protesting in a skimpy thong outside Canterbury crown court during the trial of alleged cannibal groomer Dale Bolinger.

Anita De Bauch, who is also an actress and a writer, demonstrated by painting her body with markings which mimicked a butcher's diagram of body parts on behalf of the animal activist group PETA.
The 28 year-old was attempting to put across a pro-vegan message which claimed that cannibalism is the same as eating animal meat. :?:
PETA UK associate director Mimi Bekhechi said: "Flesh is flesh, whether it comes from a human or non-human animal.
"People are naturally revolted by the idea of eating a human corpse, and we're hoping that our action will encourage them to make the connection and stop eating dead animals."

Dale Bolinger, 58, is standing trial on charges of plotting to meet, behead and then eat a 14 year-old girl.
Bolinger, formerly of Kent, denies attempting to meet a child under 16 after sexual grooming.

The trial continues.

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Carn-Brae-w ... story.html

Cannibal fetish trial: Dale Bolinger guilty of trying to meet girl 'to behead and eat her' after online grooming

The 58-year-old NHS nurse had bought an axe the day before planning to meet 14-year-old girl

A male NHS nurse with a sexual fetish for cannibalism has been found guilty of grooming a 14-year-old girl with a view to meeting her, murdering her and ultimately eating her.

The jury at Canterbury Crown Court heard how 58-year-old Dale Bolinger had used a chatroom on a fetish website to contact the teenager, said to be a Mexican girl called "Eva" living in Germany.

He described how it would be a "great turn on" to behead and eat her, and the day before she was due to fly to the UK bought an axe from a DIY store.

Bolinger, a father of three from Kent, worked as a registered nurse at the Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate.

But in a series of messages uncovered by FBI agents in New York he told "Eva": "The idea of us making love and then eating you is a VERY great turn on!

"I have been called a very generous lover and I would be very generous to you before I prepped you for the table." ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 18501.html

Does the fantasy include a life afterwards or does it go no further than the eating?

Are they resigned to being caught and it's worthy it?

Do they think they will get away with it?

Is it that the subculture knows they will get away with it? :shock:

'House of horrors' cannibal murderer who raped and dismembered 19 young women and children to be hanged

India is preparing to execute a man accused of killing and dismembering almost 20 young women and children in a case that was called the “house of horrors” murders. He admitted eating some of the body parts.

Officials have said that Surinder Koli, who worked a domestic servant for a businessman who lived on the outskirts of Delhi, is due to be hanged next week.

In 2009, Koli and his employer, Moninder Singh Pandher, were convicted of murdering 14-year-old Rimpa Haldar. Mr Pandher was subsequently freed by a higher court.

The pair had been held in 2007 after body parts were discovered in the grounds of Mr Pandher’s home in Noida, a satellite city to the east of India’s capital.

At the time, police said they believed that at least 19 young women and children were raped, killed and chopped up. The remains of the children were discovered hidden in bags.

Koli, who confessed to cannibalism and necrophilia, said he had lured the children to the property with sweets and chocolates. Police were accused of failing to investigate some of the missing children cases because many of them belonged to poor, migrant families

Koli was found guilty of kidnapping, murder and attempted rape in at least five cases involving children. ...

- See more at: http://www.independent.ie/world-news/as ... hkTwE.dpuf

There is supposed to be 12 laws that we didn't actually know are in place, which I admit distracts from the cannibalism thread (my apologies).

Cannibal hijinks!

Yahoo news brings word from Wales of an act of cannibalism stopped by the police-with a fatal Taser strike.

Holy Crow!, what next?
(signed)
Gobsmacked in Baltimore!

krakenten's thread on the Wales story swallowed whole by the Cannibal thread.

ramonmercado said:
Three held over cannibalism claims
http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news ... 81102.html

Police in north-eastern Brazil say they have arrested three people who allegedly killed at least two women, ate parts of their bodies and used their flesh to make stuffed pastries known as empadas that they then sold. ...

Three people charged with killing at least two women, eating parts of their bodies and using their flesh to make and sell stuffed pastries went on trial in north-eastern Brazil.

The man, his wife and his mistress were arrested in April 2012 in the city of Garanhuns and police say they have confessed to the crimes. The three allegedly lured women to their house by promising them a job as a nanny.

Police found the remains of the two women in the backyard of the suspects’ house.

At the time of their arrest they told police they belonged to a sect that preached “the purification of the world and the reduction of its population.”

Authorities said the trio made thick “empada” pastries with the flesh of their victims, which the three and also a young child who lived with the man and wife ate. They also sold the pastries to some neighbours, schools and hospitals claiming they contained tuna or chicken. ...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/thre ... 97989.html

Bleuch. Is Stephen Sondheim big in Brazil or something?

And hes off.

A former New York City police officer convicted of planning to kidnap and rape women before killing and eating them was sentenced to time served on Wednesday, as he insisted in court that the women were “never in danger.”

Gilberto Valle, now known as the ‘cannibal cop,’ was convicted in 2013 for kidnapping conspiracy. Though he faced a possible life term, a federal judge threw out a jury’s guilty verdict earlier this year given Valle’s steps were “not sufficient – standing alone – to make out the elements of conspiracy to commit kidnapping.”

On Wednesday, Valle, 30, was sentenced to one year time served, the maximum for a misdemeanor, and one year probation. He also was ordered to continue mental health treatment. Valle had already served 20 months in jail as he awaited trial.

During his sentencing in a Manhattan federal court, Valle apologized to the women who had to testify in the trial. He said his conversations in online fetish chat rooms were only role-playing fantasies and not about taking concrete steps to kidnap or harm anyone. ...

http://rt.com/usa/205315-new-york-cannibal-cop/

Yeah...that man worries me...

Given his willingness to drink urine, and give himself an enema with water tainted by bird droppings on camera, I don't think that's much of a stretch.

I wonder if he would welcome being eaten should the drawing of straws in the wilderness not go his way?

Ray Mears would have him for breakfast.
I met Ray Mears many years ago, and at the same time someone asked him if he could survive anywhere with a knife and a gun, to which he smoothly replied, ''I'd rather have a cooking pot''. Loved it.

A former German policeman has been convicted of murdering a businessman he met on a website for cannibalism fetishists.

Detlev Guenzel, 56, strangled and dismembered the 59-year-old at a small bed-and-breakfast run by Mr Guenzel in eastern Germany in 2013.

Guenzel was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in jail.

Prosecutors could not confirm that he had actually eaten the victim, but some body parts were never found. ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32146031

Why are there such things as cannibal fetishists in this world? Just how do you get started on that path? I know if it's on the internet, the odds are there's somebody, erm, enjoying themselves lustily to it, but that in particular is beyond my ken.

It may be in large part due to the press and the media, publicising the concept. People who are particularly suggestible may read about it and think 'that's an interesting idea'. They probably already have some psychopathic tendencies.

I know, it's really hard to understand. :eek:

Probably best not to dwell on it unless you're a criminologist, I suppose.

Two judges on a federal appeals panel seem unlikely to reinstate a guilty verdict against a former New York City police officer who became dubbed the "cannibal cop" for his online exchanges about kidnapping and eating women.

But the panel's third judge appeared firmly on the side of prosecutors during Tuesday's arguments in the case against ex-Officer Gilberto Valle (VAL'-ee) ...

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1203979#.VVR4dvmrTIU

Yay, good old manbeef. It is a joke site, you'll be pleased to know. :)

But, hands up now people....
if...
...your airplane had crashed in the mountains
...or your ship been sunk by a large whale
...and the provisions were gone
...and it was do or die time
Would you????

A big fat NO!! I wouldnt survive eating another human anyways. I'd vommit at the idea of it let alone the actual act of consuming another humans flesh, bork. Vommiting would make me dehydrated which would kill me faster so no, no and no again.

A big fat NO!! I wouldnt survive eating another human anyways. I'd vommit at the idea of it let alone the actual act of consuming another humans flesh, bork. Vommiting would make me dehydrated which would kill me faster so no, no and no again.

I would eat the Koch Brothers, with reish, or salt if there was no relish.

Back