• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cannibalism: Disturbing, Gory—Strangely Common

Accused cannibal eats part of Grindr date hanging from his ceiling, Michigan cops say

Kevin Bacon, 25, was reported missing when he didn’t show up for breakfast with his family on Christmas Day, WJBK reported.

It wasn’t long before his car was found outside Family Dollar in Clayton Township with his wallet, phone and clothes inside, according to Michigan Live.

The day before, Bacon — a hairstylist — had told a friend he was meeting up with a man he’d met on the dating app Grindr, Michigan Live reported. Later that evening, Bacon texted his friend that he was having fun and would be out for a while.

Early on Dec. 28, police found Bacon’s body in 50-year-old Mark Latunski’s Morrice-area home, WJBK reported. He was arrested and charged with open murder and mutilation of a human body.

Screen%20Shot%202020-01-06%20at%2010.34.31%20AM_fitted.png

50-year-old Mark Latunski

Now, more details have emerged.

According to court documents, police found Bacon hanging naked from the rafters by his ankles in Latunski’s house, WJBK reported.

Police said Latunski confessed to killing Bacon by stabbing him in the back then slicing his throat, also telling police he’d cut off Bacon’s testicles with a knife before eating them, court records say, according to WILX.

The month before, police responded to Latunski’s home after a man, 29, was seen running from Latunski’s home with blood on his face wearing only a leather kilt, according to the outlet.

The man didn’t press charges and following an investigation, police determined no crime had been committed, WILX reported.

Latunski is expected back in court on Jan. 8.

Actor Kevin Bacon, who shares first and last names with the victim, took to Instagram to express his condolences when news broke of the victim’s death last week.

For obvious reasons I’m thinking this morning about the friends and family of this young person Kevin Bacon,” the “Footloose” actor shared along with a photo of the victim. “His life was taken from him much too soon. His love was hair dressing. I bet he would have done a great job on this mess on my head. RIP KB.”

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article238998043.html

maximus otter

This thread prompts me to recall the tale (from memory - which I believed was supposed to be a factual account) of one, Sawney Bean and later his family.

Back in my early twenties, in a Scots Library I read about this in an old brown local (Scotland) history book. Apparently, he, for whatever reason had fled to live (disappear) in a cave on the west coast.

He turned to existing by killing, slaughtering and totally existing by feasting upon wayward travellers in times when the horse and cart were the mode of transport. After a while, many people were reportedly found to have gone missing that the local Police were informed, and were made aware ~ thereby they investigated the immediate scene but found nothing, as high tide would cover the entrance to the very large, deep cave system making it unapproachable to them.

Then I believe he took a woman, they lived their and had children - who also fed upon the captured travellers and sightseers.

I believe they were eventually caught after a search by soldiers and brought to justice, and eventually hanged, with the exception of one of the younger children - I believe a young boy, who was taken away to learn how to live a normal life without resorting to cannibalism.

From the Internet... https://www.historyextra.com/period...urdering-cannibal-sawney-bean-actually-exist/

NOTE: We have a thread dedicated to this story:

Sawney Bean / Sawney Beane: Tall Tale or Truth?
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/sawney-bean-sawney-beane-tall-tale-or-truth.7623/

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread prompts me to recall the tale (from memory - which I believed was supposed to be a factual account) of one, Sawney Bean and later his family.
If you meet anyone with the surname Bean, always ask if they are related to Sawney. The joke is that you think they might be the descendents of one of his inbred cannibal progeny that escaped the cave somehow. Don't do this in Cromer tho.

Back in my early twenties, in a Scots Library I read about this in an old brown local (Scotland) history book. Apparently, he, for whatever reason had fled to live (disappear) in a cave on the west coast.

He turned to existing by killing, slaughtering and totally existing by feasting upon wayward travellers in times when the horse and cart were the mode of transport. After a while, many people were reportedly found to have gone missing that the local Police were informed, and were made aware ~ thereby they investigated the immediate scene but found nothing, as high tide would cover the entrance to the very large, deep cave system making it unapproachable to them.

Then I believe he took a woman, they lived their and had children - who also fed upon the captured travellers and sightseers.

I believe they were eventually caught after a search by soldiers and brought to justice, and eventually hanged, with the exception of one of the younger children - I believe a young boy, who was taken away to learn how to live a normal life without resorting to cannibalism.

From the Internet... https://www.historyextra.com/period...urdering-cannibal-sawney-bean-actually-exist/

Sawney Bean is probably anti-Scots propaganda. If the King was involved in the hunt it would have featured a lot in Royal Court documents.

Sawney Bean is probably anti-Scots propaganda. If the King was involved in the hunt it would have featured a lot in Royal Court documents.
See - Sawney Bean/Sawney Beane: Tall Tale or Truth? Listed herein under 'urban legends & Folklore!'
#2 [from 'Anonymous Guest,' Jan 28th 2003.] (As previously outlined above!)

If you meet anyone with the surname Bean, always ask if they are related to Sawney. The joke is that you think they might be the descendents of one of his inbred cannibal progeny that escaped the cave somehow. Don't do this in Cromer tho.
Don't say that to Sean Bean.

Is it wrong to be sad that the Kevin Bacon guy did not get made into bacon and fulfilled his nominative destiny?

The victim should really have been called Kevin Sweetbreads, according to the report. Aside from the ghastliness of the crime and sorrow for the deceased, I do wonder why he would have been called Kevin Bacon when the actor of the same name would have been very well known when the victim was born. Maybe that's a question for a weird names thread or somesuch.

Police arrive to find a man "digging in the flesh" of the corpse of his 90-year-old grandmother, with whom he lived.

Richmond man caught cannibalizing his grandmother, police say

A city resident was arrested Monday afternoon on suspicion of murdering and cannibalizing his own grandmother, in an incident that horrified investigators.

The suspect, identified as Dwayne Wallick, 37, was arrested a little after 2 p.m. Monday after Richmond officers allegedly caught him in the act of eating his 90-year-old grandmother, Ruby Wallick. Police are unsure of a motive, and continued to investigate.

On Monday afternoon, authorities responded to a 911 call reporting a man standing over a bloody woman’s body ... When they entered the home, they allegedly found Dwayne Wallick standing over his grandmother and cannibalizing her.

Officers ordered Wallick to stop, but he ignored them and continued what he was doing, police said. They used a stun gun on him; after a struggle, he was handcuffed and arrested.

Wallick remains in a hospital, where he is being treated for unspecified physical injuries, police said. Investigators are looking into whether drug use played a role in the crime.

Ruby Wallick was pronounced dead Monday, but her exact cause of death has not been released. Police are expected to turn the case over to the District Attorney and ask for murder charges to be filed against Dwayne Wallick. ...

SOURCE: https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/01/richmond-man-caught-cannibalizing-his-own-mother-police-say/

Other Sources Available:

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area...or-allegedly-trying-to-eat-grandmothers-body/

https://www.khon2.com/news/national...-caught-eating-90-year-old-grandmothers-body/

That's what comes from reading 'Little Red Riding Hood' as a child.

That's what comes from reading 'Little Red Riding Hood' as a child.

... And self-identifying with the wolf ... :evillaugh:

It does seem in poor taste.

Still, it will keep the media busy.

The article says, 'Investigators are looking into whether drug use played a role in the crime.'

I sort of hope it did :omg:

The article says, 'Investigators are looking into whether drug use played a role in the crime.'
I sort of hope it did :omg:

I agree ... It's not quite so bad if one believes he was drugged out of his mind.

A few tidbits on a couple of flesh eaters mentioned on this thread.

Nico Claux - the Vampire of Paris now has an Instagram page showcasing his serial killer art. He is also the creator of the Bundyldo ( I'll let you find out for yourselves just what that is).

See all he has to offer here: Nico Claux on Instagram

Issei Sagawa - Japanese cannibal. In 1982 he shot Renée Hartevelt, and cannibalized pieces of her body. When deported back to Japan, he walked free and used his story to gain notoriety & fame. Below are 3 pages from a manga he wrote and illustrated detailing his crime.

WARNING - THE ILLUSTRATIONS BELOW ARE GRUSEOME & EXPLICIT!
isseisagawa1.jpg

isseisagawa2.jpg

isseisagawa3.jpg

A few tidbits on a couple of flesh eaters mentioned on this thread.

Nico Claux - the Vampire of Paris now has an Instagram page showcasing his serial killer art. He is also the creator of the Bundyldo ( I'll let you find out for yourselves just what that is).

See all he has to offer here: Nico Claux on Instagram

Issei Sagawa - Japanese cannibal. In 1982 he shot Renée Hartevelt, and cannibalized pieces of her body. When deported back to Japan, he walked free and used his story to gain notoriety & fame. Below are 3 pages from a manga he wrote and illustrated detailing his crime.

WARNING - THE ILLUSTRATIONS BELOW ARE GRUSEOME & EXPLICIT!
Pity when I was going to reply 'thanks for the warning' the software displayed the images as part of the quoted post :sick:

However, they aren't so bad. Somehow in my early teens I came across the police photos of the Mary Kelly crime scene. They stayed with me for a LONG time - in fact I still wouldn't like to look at them again.

Allegedly the worst crime scene photos (in the UK at least) are from the Samantha Bissett murder - another case where body parts were missing and possibly eaten. The police photographer had to have two years leave to recover. I never seen them and I don't want to thank you very much.

Pity when I was going to reply 'thanks for the warning' the software displayed the images as part of the quoted post :sick:

However, they aren't so bad. Somehow in my early teens I came across the police photos of the Mary Kelly crime scene. They stayed with me for a LONG time - in fact I still wouldn't like to look at them again.

Allegedly the worst crime scene photos (in the UK at least) are from the Samantha Bissett murder - another case where body parts were missing and possibly eaten. The police photographer had to have two years leave to recover. I never seen them and I don't want to thank you very much.

Cannibals are usually people with some form of extreme psychosis or drug-induced psychosis. It's usually a one-off and often a family member.

They are usually pretty boring people tbh.

Back