Cardiff Poltergeist

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
From the old ITV series "Strange But True?"

(As an aside I was waiting for the obligatory professional sceptic to turn up for "balance" and say "I believe that THEY believe it, but...". Interestingly there was none, which makes me think this must have been the last show of this kind in the UK before such a set up somehow became mandatory on TV.)

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
How about a little explanation of what's going on and why it's interesting?

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A lawn mower factory in Cardiff...the owner, his wife, his work colleague, an insurance man , a university professor and the clergyman next door all giving accounts of a long series of poltergeist activities in the factory/warehouse starting with and principally involving the throwing and landing of stones (never seen in flight) but progressing to the point where "it" made requested objects land in front of them suggesting intelligence and awareness. Finally an apparition of a small boy is purportedly witnessed.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Reaction score
good summary thank you :)

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
interestingly there's a further alleged witness in the comments section under the youtube video:

"
1545068101284.png

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Sounds great!

macc

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Anyone know where this mower shop used to be, i could pop round and have a look

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The company moved from its original premises to a business park, and anyway the polt latched onto one of the staff and was eventually seen off by th breaking of a piece of pottery. All very murky.

macc

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Naughty_felid you are spot on not the original premises but started by pat and john matthews whereabouts unknown, moved there shortly after the incident.
Called in young guy with large holes in his ears, thought i was the village idiot and tried to sell me a lawnmower. Older guy out back was aware of the story but did not know where the original premises were or what happened to the owners.
Intresting link
https://www.british-paranormal.co.uk/the-cardiff-poltergeist-mower-services/

Bororeturn1

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I haven't watched the Video (above) but was the entity called `Pete`......if so i think i read about this years ago..............

macc

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I haven't watched the Video (above) but was the entity called `Pete`......if so i think i read about this years ago..............
Thats him Bororeturn 1 pete the polt

TH77

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Naughty_felid you are spot on not the original premises but started by pat and john matthews whereabouts unknown, moved there shortly after the incident.
Called in young guy with large holes in his ears, thought i was the village idiot and tried to sell me a lawnmower. Older guy out back was aware of the story but did not know where the original premises were or what happened to the owners.
Intresting link
https://www.british-paranormal.co.uk/the-cardiff-poltergeist-mower-services/

At the time of the poltergeist activity the lawnmower shop was located on Crwys Rd where Crwys Mews now stands.