• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Carlos Santana Sued Over "Spiritual Calibration"

lopaka

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Santana sued over 'calibration'
Ex-employee claims he was fired over level of 'spiritual evolution'

Thursday, August 18, 2005; Posted: 1:47 p.m. EDT (17:47 GMT)

SAN RAFAEL, California (AP) -- A former personal assistant to Carlos Santana has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against the veteran rocker, claiming he was fired after his consciousness was calibrated and determined to be too low.

Bruce Kuhlman, 59, charges that Santana's wife, Deborah, brought in a man known as "Dr. Dan" so employees could grow closer to God and become better workers.

"In Deborah's view, the higher a person calibrated with Dr. Dan, the better employee they were because they were more 'spiritually evolved,' " the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit, filed in Marin Superior Court, alleges that "spiritual calibration" allowed a person to develop a deeper level of consciousness.

Kuhlman is seeking monetary damages for lost wages, emotional distress and unpaid overtime, among other demands.

A spokesman for the 58-year-old guitarist, whose albums include "Supernatural," and his wife said the couple wouldn't comment on the lawsuit but will fight the case.

Kuhlman had signed an employee manual agreeing to arbitrate disputes, but Superior Court Judge John Sutro said the case could proceed regardless. An October 12 court date has been set.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 ... index.html
(Link is dead)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this doesn't catch on. I can just see my bosses rubbing their hands with glee as they give me five minutes to clear my desk. :( Mind you, I might be pleasantly suprised and find out I am spiritually high (I hope they do the tests after I have been to the pub at lunch ;) ).

I do wonder how one's consciousness can be measured as being low - is it some kind of sub-consciousness? ;)

Sounds like exactly the kind of claptrap a rockstars mrs would be into..Some people really do have too much time on their hands.

I cant help but imagine some kind of spiritual "Time and Motion Study"

Back