• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Castle - pic

JackDark said:
..Meanwhile, can someone tell escargot1 that when no laughs come - it's time to leave the stage.

- and maybe go look up the word 'boorish'. :roll:
..while you're there, look up "fooled". And maybe, "who's laughing now?".

and "superlative"...because I often wonder what one is and can't be arsed to look it up myself.

Ringo_ said:
and "superlative"...because I often wonder what one is and can't be arsed to look it up myself.

A very, very strong laxative used on horses and banned in most civilised countries. One dose of that and you could be both arsed and look up it yourself.

When I read he'd gone in the hut to relieve himself, I thought he was having a piss, not taking it.

LMFAO :lol:

I bow to your cinematic knowledge _TMS_

Mind you it just goes to show how worthless a photo and the provenence attached to it really is :(

Oh pooh... now that I've seen the picture enlarged, I have to admit that it is only a bloke. A modern T-shirt wearing bloke with an 80's perm :roll:
I definitly don't think its supernatural but I do like to play devils advocate.
If someone wants to hoax a ghost photo, wouldn't they use some sort of historic looking person for it as a normal person would immediately scream HOAX?
So I bet there was someone there hiding or indeed it may be a ghost from the 80's... :?

Shame.

Dr_Baltar said:
When I read he'd gone in the hut to relieve himself...
That was a rather original piece of scene-dressing! 8)

But the B&W pic rang alarm bells from the first.

The guy in the pic reminds me of levitation master magician Dirk Losander
dirk.gif

I always take pictures of places I've had an illicit wee in.

Oh no, I don't - silly me. What a strange elaboration to the story? You liked the building so much you took a photo of it. But you liked it so much you took a piss in it. Uh uh.

I think there's a lot of work to be done on the analysis of what people say in these stories, you could probably come up with some pretty interesting rules or theories. I used to read people's IHTM style stories on another website (can't remember which) and there seemed a definite either believable/unbelievable nature to them, which must have been purely down to the style/words they chose / degree of elaboration, because obviously I was reading it and not looking at their disgraceful lying (or otherwise) faces.

there's got to be a phd in it - off you go.

I clicked on this topic expecting a genuine scary picture of a real ghost, only to be let down.. shame. :( [/b]

Same here. :(

Drawn. Over. Coals.

Seriously, the guy who gave me that pic is pleading total innocence. And my own initial scepticism of the image was clouded by his previous integrity.

Its wierd.

JackDark said:
Same here. :(

Drawn. Over. Coals.

Seriously, the guy who gave me that pic is pleading total innocence. And my own initial scepticism of the image was clouded by his previous integrity.

Its wierd.

Don't sweat it. On this message board I suspect that in cases like this many individuals reaction is not inspired by a general scepticism on the subject, rather it's more like the reaction of a disappointed romantic - we'd really like it to be, but we've been let down too many times before.

So many photos - so much bullshit.

Don't beat yourself up over it. The vast majority of ghost pics obviously turn out to be fakes. To accept a photo on good face from someone you know (even vaguely know) and then discover it's clearly faked is a dissapointment. It happened to me at school, and it made me realise that some people don't take Fortean subjects as seriously as, say, you or me. Don't be overly harsh on them, they are likely just more "conventional" in their thinking than us. I once had a barny at a friend of mine who said she was Fortean in belief but came across as a complete sceptic, even an adamant non believer. She turned to me and said "to be truly fortean, you have to be a sceptic, it's the only way you'll prove the existence of Fortean subjects to anyone but yourself, you have to talk like them, act like them and argue like them."

I think this is what Charles Fort understood too. In the meantime, take jokey criticism with a pinch of salt AND retired police officers recording public urination sites should be treated with caution, and GIVEN a caution!

The problem with some ghost photos is that you wouldn't have actually taken that picture as a photo normally as its not worth photoing

so it makes them suspect

i agree completely. as in the recent "ufos over london" picture or the "stick man walking" video. it's the pictures/videos themselves that make no sense: there's no reason why one should take them. (but then again i don't know. maybe some people find intersting things that escape others like me)

I've been playing about with the photo on my PC , and when I increased the face in the window to 520% , I could see that the guy was wearing modern gear - looked like a football Tshirt . His face kind of reminded me of Steve Diggle , though . Maybe he was in there having a slas too :? . Or maybe it's the ghost of a guy who passed away inside there while relieving himself?

That would fit with the Dead Man's Shoes suggestion as I'm sure the character in question is wearing a footy shirt when he meets his end.

Regarding gerardwilkie's comment I have a totally random piece of info to add. My dad used to work with Steve Diggle's sister he signed all my Buzzcocks vinyl! Random moment over!

ghost pic

First off this is NOT a true ghost pic,
obviously some troll has been laughing their face off at us true beleivers,
the picture youve all thought was real is actualy from a promo trailer for a film,
called dead mans shoes,wich i have seen...not a bad flick id recommend it.
I knew when i seen that pic it struck a cord and i had seen it before.
took me a long time to connect it tho, so i am sorry.
anyway if you watch this promo vid right to the end you will see "the ghost" pic
in full glory as a normal vid promo, sorry to debunk but i think the urine is being extracted (the piss taken).

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q ... ans+Shoes#

look down on the left 5th vid down on the left ;)
does it look familiar?

oops

hmmmm sorry i see after reading some more you werent fooled,
Touche

Back