Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Bet it gave the security staff paws for thought.

Vid at link.

Stowaway cat found in hand luggage at airport security

A couple going on holiday found a surprise visitor inside their hand luggage at the airport.
Nick and Voirrey Coole, from the Isle of Man, were travelling to New York from the island's airport when Candy was discovered by security staff.
The couple said the team at the airport were "fantastic" when they discovered the four-legged additional passenger.
Candy was taken back home while the couple continued with their journey.
  • 4h ago
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-e...cat-found-in-hand-luggage-at-airport-security

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
cat death story warning ..

Our works cat carked it at 7;15 this morning .. R.I.P. Gizmo ..

.. nobody knew who old she was but the business owners said she turned up over 15 years ago and wouldn't go away so we'd all been feeding her.

She was a feral so slept outside in a cardboard box, she would nuzzle the back of your hand in the staff smoking area until you stroked her. She was fed extremely well with chef's scraps of cooked bacon lardons, salmon etc ..

We could all tell she was on the way out this week so I was plumping her onto laundry bags and putting a tea towel over her when she was asleep. She stank to fuck and was very scruffy so only half the staff stroked her including me, she wasn't allowed into the building for those reasons but I told my night porter to break the rules and ignore that last night and take her into the customers lounge which he did and put her near the fireplace. Senior management found out but I haven't been told off, the business owner is going to bury her this afternoon, I've picked an orange flower and popped it on top of her inside the box I asked the night porter to put her in if she passed. XXX L8ors Giz

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
cat death story warning ..

Our works cat carked it at 7;15 this morning .. R.I.P. Gizmo ..

.. nobody knew who old she was but the business owners said she turned up over 15 years ago and wouldn't go away so we'd all been feeding her.

She was a feral so slept outside in a cardboard box, she would nuzzle the back of your hand in the staff smoking area until you stroked her. She was fed extremely well with chef's scraps of cooked bacon lardons, salmon etc ..

We could all tell she was on the way out this week so I was plumping her onto laundry bags and putting a tea towel over her when she was asleep. She stank to fuck and was very scruffy so only half the staff stroked her including me, she wasn't allowed into the building for those reasons but I told my night porter to break the rules and ignore that last night and take her into the customers lounge which he did and put her near the fireplace. Senior management found out but I haven't been told off, the business owner is going to bury her this afternoon, I've picked an orange flower and popped it on top of her inside the box I asked the night porter to put her in if she passed. XXX L8ors Giz
Awww, that's all lovely. Keeping her safe and warm and feeding her luxury scraps, a fuss when she wanted it, heaven!

Swifty

Awww, that's all lovely. Keeping her safe and warm and feeding her luxury scraps, a fuss when she wanted it, heaven!
I'm glad she didn't have to 'do' another winter to be honest and that she finally got a night inside by the fire .. a bit like Peggy out of HI DE HI who always wanted to be a yellow coat .. and her fur was so matted she was starting to become a winged cat which was pretty cool.

Swifty

Well done @Swifty! very proud of you :)
Dunno about that but thank you .. she was lovely and will be missed even if she was minging as fuck. The Mrs was watching all the staff still watching where they walked out of habit tonight so they didn't step on her even though she's now buried under an apple tree. The old boy wanted to be the one who buried her as his wife told me. GIZMO .. hippy chick

.. for Gizmo tonight

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
The cat would mooch about the flat at night and saunter into the bedroom. Sometimes I'd be awake and hear it coming so took precautions, other times I'd be asleep and be abruptly awaken by the bloody cat pouncing onto my bare feet sticking out the duvet!
NYer cartoon - pets.JPG

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Cats Don't Eat Cheese

My little Cassie (Devon Rex/Siamese cross) did.

Began when grating cheese one day and a sliver spilled onto the kitchen floor. Curious, put a kitchen towel down for hygiene and 'dropped' some more. She ate every one.

OK, so you like cheese then... and placed a tiny amount of grated cheese in her bowl. She had a look and came straight back to sitting below the work surface.

Clearly, much of the attraction was our ritual of 'stolen' grated cheese.

She would turn her nose up at milk, although most certainly not cream.

Only though, if she could lick it off your finger - no point in putting some in her bowl!

Any similar, 'fussy' tales? :cat:

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Cats Don't Eat Cheese

My little Cassie (Devon Rex/Siamese cross) did.

Began when grating cheese one day and a sliver spilled onto the kitchen floor. Curious, put a kitchen towel down for hygiene and 'dropped' some more. She ate every one.

OK, so you like cheese then... and placed a tiny amount of grated cheese in her bowl. She had a look and came straight back to sitting below the work surface.

Clearly, much of the attraction was our ritual of 'stolen' grated cheese.

She would turn her nose up at milk, although most certainly not cream.

Only though, if she could lick it off your finger - no point in putting some in her bowl!

Any similar, 'fussy' tales? :cat:
A friend of mine had a cat, Jaya, who loved to lick six-year-old cheddar cheese. My friend would give Jaya a small slice of it from time to time and she would spend ages giving it a thorough saliva bath. She never ate it, however.

Another friend can confirm the feline preference for cream over milk. She often put cream on her cereal in the morning and when she had finished eating she would put the bowl on the floor for her cat to inspect. She would leave just a small amount of cream in the bowl, and the cat always lapped it up. On the occasions when my friend was out of cream and used milk instead the cat's reaction was very different. The upturned nose was very much in evidence.