Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Koko was a very intelligent gorilla, with an estimated IQ of somewhere between 75 and 95. Such a gentle animal.
Sadly now RIP.
fwiw, caveat lector especially in regard to the meaning and reliability of IQ scores:

In the UK 70 is the number used as a rule of thumb to diagnose significant cognitive impairments.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
fwiw, caveat lector especially in regard to the meaning and reliability of IQ scores:

In the UK 70 is the number used as a rule of thumb to diagnose significant cognitive impairments.
Yes, but we're talking about a gorilla here. Intelligent for a gorilla.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
New cat treats are always nice to try out on t'moggies. Some go down well, others not.

Today I picked up some Sheba Creamy Snacks. It's a paste that you squeeze out of a tube like toothpaste and hold out to the cat to lick. All three cats went MAD for it, even Simbah who's rarely impressed by new foods. Highly recommended! Probably good for giving meds too.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
https://9gag.com/awesome/aGgpr2w?ref=fsidebar

Never leave ya windows down lol actually, i would lol
One of my cars had a faulty window that would spontaneously drop down. It did that one night when I visited a friend after collecting a bag of cooked chicken scraps for my cats. On my return a smug-looking tomcat exited the vehicle, in no hurry, probably unable to move past walking pace after his immense and sumptuous supper.

We've had The Great Escape with chickens, now a cat version.

A cat named Quilty has been sentenced to solitary confinement for continually letting other cats out of their enclosures at his shelter after multiple warnings failed to curb the problem.

The serial offender was caught by staff at Friends For Life Animal Rescue and Adoption Organization jail-breaking other felines out of the senior room 'repeatedly, several times a day'. Quilty also has a chequered past of consistent offending, after staff at the shelter in Houston discovered he used to let his dog sibling into the house at his old home.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/shelter-cat-put-solitary-confinement-20859811