Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
A cat to the rescue...

Cat saves baby from falling down staircase.

This remarkable video from Colombia shows the moment a cat leaps into action to save a baby from a nasty fall.
It seems that dogs are not the only household pets capable of lending a helping hand (or paw).

The footage, which recently came to light after it was posted on a Facebook group dedicated to cat videos, shows an attentive feline rushing to stop a young child falling down a flight of stairs.

The video starts off with the youngster crawling on the floor towards an open door at the top of the stairs. Seemingly aware of what's about to happen, the cat can be seen jumping up and rushing at speed across the room before physically grabbing the baby and pushing it away from danger.
https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/331977/cat-saves-baby-from-falling-down-staircase

Who did he think he was kitten?

Russian carrier Aeroflot has stripped a passenger of his air miles for breaching its rules by sneaking his overweight cat aboard a flight.

Mikhail Galin, 34, took his cat Viktor on board flight SU1702, from Moscow to Vladivostok, Aeroflot said. Under Aeroflot's rules, pets weighing more than 8kg (17lb) must be placed in the luggage hold. Because Viktor was too heavy for the passenger cabin, Mr Galin devised a cunning plan. He swapped Viktor for a smaller cat during check-in to get around the weight restrictions.

Mr Galin then gave the smaller cat back to its owners at the airport before boarding the plane to Vladivostok with Viktor. His mistake, it seems, was posting on Facebook about the "operation to replace the fat cat Viktor". A picture on his public profile shows Viktor sitting on the plane next to a glass of sparkling wine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50398672

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Weird about the plane cat, does it weigh less in the luggage hold than it would in the passenger cabin?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Our ancient moggie Bagpuss likes to lounge on me, which I don't mind, but she does claw me a bit. I recently acquired one of those heated pads, like a miniature electric blanket, for her. Hoping she'll realise how nice and warm it is and how it conveniently doesn't squeal when she digs the nails in.

Used to have those pads for the animals years ago and they LOVED them. Somewhere I have a photo of all 4 cats and out JRT snuggled up together on one.

We've found out a bit more background info on our feral lodger (He's permanently moved in now and hasn't stayed out overnight for months). A neighbour down the road came to collect a parcel, saw him and said "oh he's ended up with you now?" Apparently she's the owner of one of his many illegitimate offspring (5 down our road at last count) and reckons he's about 12 years old. He given up on the sofa since it got cold and now spends his days between the radiator and his grub bowl.

WIN_20191128_10_01_05_Pro.jpg