Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Awwwwwwwww she is beautiful

Andd regards the big chimp, i was at the zoo in Tenby i think it was, there were three in a cage, lil one,medium one and big un, there was a wall about three feet away from cage, the lil one kept putting it's hand out, so after a few times i reached over and it shook hands with me, awwwww cute, it let go, next, the middle sized did the same, so i took its hand, it shook it then pulled me, i was balancing on the wall on my stomach, for about a minute, it let go after i had pulled a few times, then the big un came along and put hand out, i backed up and said 'NO WAY' wont be doing that stupid thing again, dangerous, but i was only 16 at the time, and it was my fault not theirs, it was there that the deer bit me, i gave it a lump of sugar, didn't learn, but i know to treat wild animals with respect now. Sorry, you were probably expecting something more exciting

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
I bet someone here would adopt Flerken. Vid at link.

A cat deemed too wild to be kept as a pet has been found a home at a wildlife park.

Flerken the savannah cat was seized by Border Force officers after being illegally imported into the UK.

She is a cross between an African wildcat and a domestic breed and is considered too dangerous to be kept in a private home.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engl...en-the-rescued-half-wildcat-half-domestic-pet
Oh so there illegal to own in the uk.

I can't find this online. On the BBC R4 news just now I heard about a costly legal dispute between neighbours over a Bengal cat. Seems its owners have taken umbrage over its habit of nipping next door or wherever for extra treats and fusses.
Is it possible to be involved in that but not know about it?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Yes it doesnt sound rational. Your cat has his own life if you let him out. I used to get the occasional racoon thru the cat door, frequently enough that it didnt bother the cat.
Haha, we don't have raccoons, fortunately! As our 'cat' door was installed for our dear late Boxer/Staffie cross mutt Rocky a raccoon would certainly fit through though.

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin

escargot

Disciple of Marduk

Lb8535

Abominable Snowman