Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I can't find this online. On the BBC R4 news just now I heard about a costly legal dispute between neighbours over a Bengal cat. Seems its owners have taken umbrage over its habit of nipping next door or wherever for extra treats and fusses.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I can't find this online. On the BBC R4 news just now I heard about a costly legal dispute between neighbours over a Bengal cat. Seems its owners have taken umbrage over its habit of nipping next door or wherever for extra treats and fusses.
Is it possible to be involved in that but not know about it?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Yes it doesnt sound rational. Your cat has his own life if you let him out. I used to get the occasional racoon thru the cat door, frequently enough that it didnt bother the cat.
Haha, we don't have raccoons, fortunately! As our 'cat' door was installed for our dear late Boxer/Staffie cross mutt Rocky a raccoon would certainly fit through though.

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
Reaction score

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Reaction score

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
This was an interesting advertising approach, motivated by desperation. Apparently it's working ...
Animal shelter says “world’s worst cat” is up for adoption

The “world’s worst cat” is available for adoption — just ask the Mitchell County Animal Rescue organization in North Carolina.

The shelter about 55 miles (89 kilometers) northeast of Asheville is waiving adoption fees in the hope that someone will take the cat named Perdita off their hands.

The group says on its Facebook page, “We thought she was sick. Turns out she’s just a jerk.”

A tongue-in-cheek profile of the foul-tempered feline says her dislikes include “dogs, children, the Dixie Chicks, Disney movies, Christmas and last but NOT least ... HUGS.” It says she likes lurking, pretending to be sick and “staring into your soul until you feel as if you may never be cheerful again ...”

It adds, “She’s single and ready to be socially awkward with a socially awkward human who understands personal space. ”

Shelter Director Amber Lowery says 4-year-old Perdita came to the facility on Christmas Eve, The Charlotte Observer reported. Since then, the shelter has had to warn visitors that Perdita’s attempts to draw passersby to her cage are actually a ruse that will not end well.

“I’m looking at her right now, and she’s rolling around in her little bed, looking all sweet and cute, but the minute you try to rub her, she slaps you. We thought she was in pain and took her to the vet and he said: ‘No, this cat is just a jerk’,” Lowery told the newspaper.

Her Facebook post has drawn thousands of “likes” — and a followup post says more than 50 applications to adopt her have been submitted.

One person wrote on the shelter’s Facebook page that they hoped Perdita finds “the goth home of her dreams.” The shelter replied, “Us too ... like soon.”
SOURCE: https://apnews.com/ad4e75cd657cad092722b24643d9d182

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
A cat "banned" from entering his favourite supermarket is up to his old tricks and has been seen lounging on the self-service checkouts.

Ginger tom Pumpkin became an "unexpected item in the bagging area" of a Tesco branch near Norwich when he was spotted on the scanner on Sunday.Almost 2,000 people follow the adventures of the mischievous moggy, who usually abides by the ban and stays outside the front door. Tesco said it would encourage him out.

The six-year-old cat had been a regular in the Thorpe Marriott branch for well over a year before the shop took action last November, saying "although we love the little ginger cat who visits... a food store isn't the best place for a cat to be, so our colleagues gently encourage him to go out when he tries to come in".

A spokesman said it was not really possible for a store to ban a cat and admitted Pumpkin would probably continue his visits.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-51264786