Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Home from work just now, to be met with two of my cats looking perturbed. A second later a neighbour's huge black and white moggy shot out through the 'flap like a bullet.

It sleeps in my washing machine shed at night and sits around my house, eating our cats' food, all day. We don't mind but it's very nervous, poor thing.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Reaction score
Home from work just now, to be met with two of my cats looking perturbed. A second later a neighbour's huge black and white moggy shot out through the 'flap like a bullet.

It sleeps in my washing machine shed at night and sits around my house, eating our cats' food, all day. We don't mind but it's very nervous, poor thing.
What exactly makes him your neighbor's cat?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
What exactly makes him your neighbor's cat?
Good point. It doesn't accept a fuss from us, it just cuts to the chase with the food and comforts. Cats, eh.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Reaction score
I found cat in my home in the early hours of this morning the cheeky sod was eating Angels food I told it to leave but the cat stood there looking at me until my dad came out of bedroom to see what going on then it left.
If you have a cat door and a bowl of food you are feeding the world. Which is as it should be.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
"Lady cat"! How old is the book? :)

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Wow! I did think that even in the 90's we knew the words male and female, or even queens and toms

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
It's an example of fake gentility I think? bleurgh!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We have 'visiting' cats who pop in and out and help themselves to food. That's fine, nobody minds, except ours sometimes spray a bit.

Some time in the early hours today I was watching TV in the front room when a neighbour's cat stuck its big fluffy white face round the door. It looked hard at me as if to say 'You're normally in bed by now!' and waltzed off, no doubt to the kibble bowl. Bless.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
More, I'm afraid, on the subject of "Nymphomaniac Cats."

Some 14-million Youtube viewers have watched the following video. They can't arrest us all.

Acupressure for a Cat on Heat.

There are actually a lot of these but only this one features one of those ultra-obscene Sphinx pussies.

:yellowc:

:oops:

:omg:

:rollingw:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
1954, shot for LIFE Magazine by Nat Farbman. The man milking the cow is Art Badertscher. The location is his dairy farm near Fresno, California USA. The cat in the foreground is named Brownie. Behind him are Blackie and Brownie's mom Squirrley, the first cat on the farm to learn this trick.

acat04.jpg

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
1954, shot for LIFE Magazine by Nat Farbman. The man milking the cow is Art Badertscher. The location is his dairy farm near Fresno, California USA. The cat in the foreground is named Brownie. Behind him are Blackie and Brownie's mom Squirrley, the first cat on the farm to learn this trick.

View attachment 22989
That's a clever cat, learning to spit with such accuracy.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Our dear old Bagpuss likes to cuddle up to me and interrupt my typing. I love her with all my heart but she's a pest!
Just now I crashed a Sheba Creamy Snack. She purred so hard I thought a helicopter was landing on the roof. Can highly recommend that stuff!

Krepostnoi

Almost uniquely humourless
Reaction score

View attachment 22989
Mr Badertscher was clearly very imaginative in some regards. Less so when it came to naming cats, though...

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I was going to put this in the optical illusion thread but, thought it might be more appreciated here. I just love this GIF...LOL the cat sees them moving. Makes me smile everytime I see it. :D

dont_believe_what_your_eyes_tell_you_07.gif

and here's one for Shady...This black beauty would fit into your household like a glove. :D

1553423040-Cat55.png

tuco

Spitting in a wishing well
Reaction score
Just got woken up by molly (looks like the black cat above) having a poo in her second litter box, this is an important event as molly is feral and was having trouble working out what to do, her first litter box she has been sleeping in and getting out to do her thing on the floor. I've known molly about 6 years and until this winter she's always stayed outside, now she stays in all the time, think she's getting old, she also has some health problems but seems happy. I'll give it a few days then pick up all the puppy pads that are everywhere.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Just got woken up by molly (looks like the black cat above) having a poo in her second litter box, this is an important event as molly is feral and was having trouble working out what to do, her first litter box she has been sleeping in and getting out to do her thing on the floor. I've known molly about 6 years and until this winter she's always stayed outside, now she stays in all the time, think she's getting old, she also has some health problems but seems happy. I'll give it a few days then pick up all the puppy pads that are everywhere.
How kind, to take care of Molly. You are a good soul.

tuco

Spitting in a wishing well
Reaction score
How kind, to take care of Molly. You are a good soul.
With cats I don't have any choice in the matter, (I think they can sense peoples generousity) molly was brought home by chico, another feral who adopted me about 7 years ago at really bad time in my life and has been looking after me ever since, they look after me, please don't get me talking about cats- will be here all day ( I think I must have Toxieplasmoisis ). Both cats are pretty much feral with everyone but me, we get on so well because I'm feral too !

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The cat I Spoke about a while back just left.it must of just finished eating Angels food and don't think it's a stray it looks to healthy so it must live locally and the cats owner most likely shut it out all night so the poor thing is just looking for something to eat and I really dislike cat owners who do that to there cats.