Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Our two cats enjoying social distancing - the little one crawled under the bedcover yesterday until it nearly disappeared whereas our white-and-black one likes a bit of sunshine (that's not a stake, just a piece of wood!).

Attachments

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I'm not buying that. Anyone whose breathing is obstructed while they're asleep will wake up right away. This is a strong and basic reflex.
Agreed - infants are different and my mum found our cat lying on my brothers face when he was a baby in the pram. Pity, she, (kitty), didn't succeed she would have saved the family enormous grief. I think our old cat was the opposite of the evil dogs in the Omen - she was trying to save the world by killing off the antichrist.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Agreed - infants are different and my mum found our cat lying on my brothers face when he was a baby in the pram. Pity, she, (kitty), didn't succeed she would have saved the family enormous grief. I think our old cat was the opposite of the evil dogs in the Omen - she was trying to save the world by killing off the antichrist.
I'm sure your brother can't be that bad.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Good point. I hadn't thought of that.
I wasn't suggesting it was YOU trying to pull the wool! :D

Someone sleeping naturally would wake up and reach for their face to clear the obstruction. Even little babies will do this.
A drunk or someone drugged or in a coma might not, depending on how unconscious they were.

As in
the demise of Jesse's girlfriend Jane, whose death from choking Walter watches.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Handy cat.

A cat owner has been left scratching her head by her moggy's penchant for collecting garden gloves.

Vikki Maddocks said Elmo had brought home at least 14 gloves from neighbouring gardens in Belper, Derbyshire, over the past year. She said the three-year-old usually brought home one glove and went back to fetch the matching hand later. Mrs Maddocks has been trying to reunite the gloves with their owners through a community Facebook page.

"He meows really loudly when he comes in with them in his mouth," she said.

"He drops them at my feet and looks at me, really proud."

Following her Facebook appeal, one neighbour spotted their gloves but said Elmo was welcome to keep them for his collection

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52485574

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Reaction score
I'm just reporting that Penelope is sneezing and coughing so clearly has an upper respiratory infection although she's normal besides this. All I need right now. She's an indoor cat I don't know how she got it. It's just warm enough to open the windows so I guess spring wafted in. She did use her pathetic condition to wangle a little better cat food from me. But now that I know that she *can* smell and eat she's going back to the regular stuff, we'll see who has the stronger willpower. On line suggested keeping her in the bathroom during a hot shower for a good steam treatment. I don't know if the vets who post on line all actually live with cats. I mean, the door would have to be closed.penelope.jpg

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Feeding Young Ted.

I know he was starving when we found him as a kitten - but the insane purring when he's eating is hilarious.

A very common phrase in our house is "Young Ted don't be silly!" He's normally up to no good. Juna, (not related), pretends she hates him by growling when he lies in wait ready to pounce on her. She secretly adores him.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I love our Blackie.

He is a feral cat, and though he is fed by several people (which probably accounts for his spoiled pickiness) he is a grand hunter, and is often seen with a mouse in his mouth.

But he never hurts the many garden birds, who apart from a bit of scolding, ignore him.

He keeps them safe by seeing off other cats.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
I'm not a cat person, but I have a ship's cat that's been snoozing on the shelf above my Work monitor for 20 years (occasionally moults). Most people don't even notice it, but now and then I get a startled reaction from a cat lover with the most frequent question being "is it stuffed ?" Yeah it's road-kill, thought it would look (and smell) great in my office. How can anyone not recognise rabbit fur ?

CAT_0746.jpg CAT_0747.jpg