Antediluvian
Reaction score
Blackie is hungry...yet again.

We think he has worms.

What is the best way to deal with them?

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Blackie is not quite black; He has a white tuft on his chest and a few white hairs.

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I LOVE black cats!

we have 4.
Blackie is hungry...yet again.

We think he has worms.

What is the best way to deal with them?

The obvious signs are If he's gnawing his bum or doing the scoot and weight loss. You need to seriously wash your hands when petting him if you think he has worms as you really don't want them.

Lungworm is obvious when the sound asthmatic - that is really nasty. They get it from eating snails and slugs and it's not common in healthy well-fed cats.

Having worms in humans causes weight loss, lethargy, and mood disorders amongst other things.

Most vets sell the tablets - don't bother with the supermarket variety they don't work.

If you can't pill the cat - take him in you really don't want worms.

Daisy and Ted had terrible parasites after we rescued then and the result of dosing them was a truly horrific thing to see.

They look exactly like thin noodles - the same colour and everything - don't touch them. Paper towels in the bin and wash your hands.

There are a few topical treatments that you put on the back of the neck that are included in the flea treatments but if you want to be sure the only way is the tablet.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Looks like a big brushing, to me.

But the old type silky long hairs dont need much attention.

My Dads previous feral was like that. No matts.

Her coat improved no end once we wormed her.

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
She's a past-mistress at the foreplay required, before she can slip on that plastic glove and look for the tonsils, or whatever they do up there!

Phone number? My cat wants to know. :cat:

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Pilling cats is an art. It's like learning how to box.
Possibly more like MMA with the cat being extremely adept and I have to have the paramedics standing by to rescue me! I had one cat who was only 6 lbs. She was the most deadly. She would even hold the pill in her mouth, walk away from me, and then I’d hear the pill drop on the floor.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1332010/Stray/

Lost, alone, and separated from family, a stray cat must untangle an ancient mystery to escape a long-forgotten city.

Stray is a third-person cat adventure game set amidst the detailed neon-lit alleys of a decaying cybercity and the murky environments of its seedy underbelly. Roam surroundings high and low, defend against unforeseen threats and solve the mysteries of this unwelcoming place inhabited by nothing but unassuming droids and dangerous creatures.

See the world through the eyes of a stray and interact with the environment in playful ways. Be stealthy, nimble, silly, and sometimes as annoying as possible with the strange inhabitants of this foreign world.

Along the way, the cat befriends a small flying drone, known only as B12. With the help of this newfound companion, the duo try to find a way out.

Stray is developed by BlueTwelve Studio, a small team from south of France mostly made of cats and a handful of humans.

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1332010/Stray/

Lost, alone, and separated from family, a stray cat must untangle an ancient mystery to escape a long-forgotten city.

Stray is a third-person cat adventure game set amidst the detailed neon-lit alleys of a decaying cybercity and the murky environments of its seedy underbelly. Roam surroundings high and low, defend against unforeseen threats and solve the mysteries of this unwelcoming place inhabited by nothing but unassuming droids and dangerous creatures.

See the world through the eyes of a stray and interact with the environment in playful ways. Be stealthy, nimble, silly, and sometimes as annoying as possible with the strange inhabitants of this foreign world.

Along the way, the cat befriends a small flying drone, known only as B12. With the help of this newfound companion, the duo try to find a way out.

Stray is developed by BlueTwelve Studio, a small team from south of France mostly made of cats and a handful of humans.
Good find mega that's gone on my wishlist.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Sad news.

A pet that inspired the book A Street Cat Named Bob has died aged 14.

James Bowen met Bob in 2007 during his battle with drug addiction when he found the cat abandoned and injured and decided to look after him. He began taking the ginger cat with him when busking or selling The Big Issue in London. Bowen eventually wrote a book about their relationship which became a smash hit and was made into a film, featuring Bob, in 2016.

A Street Cat Named Bob: And How He Saved My Life was published in 2012, and there have since been five further books released in more than forty different languages.

A second film, A Gift from Bob, which also features the eponymous feline, is due to be released later this year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-53072938