Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
With her winter coat it even looks like she has spines down her back, ill try and get a pic tomorrow :p
Toothless with spines

Screenshot_20210203-081849.jpg

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
My Fathers previous feral, Tufty, was a longhair with that soft, silky fur that didn't mat up, -a bit like the original Persian cats are.

She had very hairy ears, hence her name.

I speak of her in the past tense; she is no longer with us (Though she may still be alive) She was rehomed after an unseemly incident when she decided to rear her latest kitten project in one of Dads valued scrap cars...(There they were safe from the fox)

But she was a gentle and loving cat, whose only vice (apart from prudent parenting) was to kick the contents of the cat litter tray everywhere. (Though she came and went as she pleased, wet weather was mostly spent indoors)

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Just found on Reddit on a thread titled: No one has the heart to tell him that nobody will be coming to buy his tacos

View attachment 35491

Ohhh I'm tempted to get one of those - $24 plus postage.

Just realised that Taco Cat is a great palindrome.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Dex is slowly starting to bounce back after a really stressful and upsetting three months.

He's been hospitalised, on drips, had chest drains, heart failure, bladder infections, a kidney infection...the list goes on and on (as do the vet bills).

But, here he is this morning finally starting to look like his old self again (except the shaved bits).

And yes...he has had enough of your shit.

thumbnail_20210222_121520.jpg

PeniG

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
So, after a weary morning of dealing with dodgy plumbing (but at least we have running water; everything else can wait) and getting dishes clean in the mop sink and so on, I'm all ready to settle on the balcony with the Fortean Times that arrived today, when I spot fresh blood spatter!

The balcony is screened in, but the tops of some of them have come loose and we've been deferring a lot of maintenance during the pandemic, so a bird blundering in and discovering to its dismay that we have three cats is not unprecedented. Normally we're alerted by panicked flapping, the thunder of cat feet up and down the balcony, and kibitzing from the two not engaged with the prey. But all has been quiet, except for Freya complaining about the plumbing problems getting her floor wet, all morning. We're talking significant gore, too, all concentrated in one area, biggest blot the size of quarter, fresh and red, and a single black feather. I caught and examined all three cats, and it's not from open wounds on any of them, but Odin has some dried blood flecking his ruff, contributory evidence to the bird assumption. If they'd eaten it, there'd be more feathers scattered around, though, and I doubt they even know how to eat birds. In the past they've regarded prey as synonymous with toys.

We're a little nervous about where and when we're going to find it. Worst case scenario, it's under the bed. We have a conventional mattress in a waterbed frame, with drawers on the long sides and a space up the middle, closed with a door at one end but freely cat-accessible under the headboard, from whence they can squeeze into any drawer they like.

I ought to mop up the blood, but I'm much too tired.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
We're a little nervous about where and when we're going to find it.

Been there..... oh my goodness! Please keep us posted!

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
So, after a weary morning of dealing with dodgy plumbing (but at least we have running water; everything else can wait) and getting dishes clean in the mop sink and so on, I'm all ready to settle on the balcony with the Fortean Times that arrived today, when I spot fresh blood spatter!

The balcony is screened in, but the tops of some of them have come loose and we've been deferring a lot of maintenance during the pandemic, so a bird blundering in and discovering to its dismay that we have three cats is not unprecedented. Normally we're alerted by panicked flapping, the thunder of cat feet up and down the balcony, and kibitzing from the two not engaged with the prey. But all has been quiet, except for Freya complaining about the plumbing problems getting her floor wet, all morning. We're talking significant gore, too, all concentrated in one area, biggest blot the size of quarter, fresh and red, and a single black feather. I caught and examined all three cats, and it's not from open wounds on any of them, but Odin has some dried blood flecking his ruff, contributory evidence to the bird assumption. If they'd eaten it, there'd be more feathers scattered around, though, and I doubt they even know how to eat birds. In the past they've regarded prey as synonymous with toys.

We're a little nervous about where and when we're going to find it. Worst case scenario, it's under the bed. We have a conventional mattress in a waterbed frame, with drawers on the long sides and a space up the middle, closed with a door at one end but freely cat-accessible under the headboard, from whence they can squeeze into any drawer they like.

I ought to mop up the blood, but I'm much too tired.
Oh yes. Half a mouse behind the bookcase. Good luck.