• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
My beautiful cat Juna has had her ear nibbled by someone :mad::incan:

I've tried googling "Kevlar cat ear mitts" but have come up blank.

Anyone else tried anything like this before letting your cat out of the house?

Do they work? How do you keep them on?

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My beautiful cat Juna has had her ear nibbled by someone :mad::incan:

I've tried googling "Kevlar cat ear mitts" but have come up blank.

Anyone else tried anything like this before letting your cat out of the house?

Do they work? How do you keep them on?

Try spraying her ears with hot sauce before she goes out.

PeniG

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Depends on what was nibbling them. Many birds, for instance, don't have the pain receptors that make capiscin peppers painful for most species.

Personally I just have stopped letting my cats out of the house. If you let them out, they a) kill birds and other wildlife and b) are subject to more injuries. I've had cats hit by cars, mauled by dogs, tail crushed by I don't even know what, trapped in inaccessible places - I'm done with it.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Try spraying her ears with hot sauce before she goes out.
Wouldn't that make them more tasty?
Depends on what was nibbling them. Many birds, for instance, don't have the pain receptors that make capiscin peppers painful for most species.

Personally I just have stopped letting my cats out of the house. If you let them out, they a) kill birds and other wildlife and b) are subject to more injuries. I've had cats hit by cars, mauled by dogs, tail crushed by I don't even know what, trapped in inaccessible places - I'm done with it.
Part of the rich tapestry of life. Cats like to prowl. Its part of their nature. If i had to live in a part of the world were you had to shut them in forever i wouldn't own them.
Even ancient Pris loves to go out and sit in the sun.

michael59

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

It's against the law to allow your cat to roam free here. I'm not sure if that's just in Alberta or all of Canada.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
We had to say goodbye to Dex yesterday. He had been ill for some time and in the end it was all too much for him.

He was part of our lives for 15 years, since he was a tiny kitten, and he brought us so much joy. We're heartbroken but he had a great life and is at peace now. Sleep well Roodly, you will always be in our hearts little man.

Rest In Peace xx

Dex 2005 - 2021

1615299360623.png

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
We had to say goodbye to Dex yesterday. He had been ill for some time and in the end it was all too much for him.

He was part of our lives for 15 years, since he was a tiny kitten, and he brought us so much joy. We're heartbroken but he had a great life and is at peace now. Sleep well Roodly, you will always be in our hearts little man.

Rest In Peace xx

Dex 2005 - 2021

View attachment 36433
Take care.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Rest In Peace xx

Dex 2005 - 2021

View attachment 36433
Sorry for you loss :(
Pet-Loss-Messages-2.png

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Oh, so sad.

And just after we nearly kicked Blackie because we put out THREE different bowls of food, and he turned his nose up at them all....

This is an ongoing problem with him; And we are pretty sure he isn't coming in every day just for petting...

Right everybody; we are going to ask the Cosmic Cat Ordering Service (TM) for a cat for Carlos the DJ...

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Oh, so sad.

And just after we nearly kicked Blackie because we put out THREE different bowls of food, and he turned his nose up at them all....

This is an ongoing problem with him; And we are pretty sure he isn't coming in every day just for petting...

Right everybody; we are going to ask the Cosmic Cat Ordering Service (TM) for a cat for Carlos the DJ...
cat-owner-14.jpg

michael59

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Rest In Peace xx

Dex 2005 - 2021

View attachment 36433
My heart aches for your families loss, CarlosTheDj....

Unusual-West-Texas-Sunset_photo_medium.jpg

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score

Rest In Peace xx

Dex 2005 - 2021

View attachment 36433
Carlos, I am so sorry to hear that. Such a handsome beast. He was a lucky lad to have such a loving family.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Rest In Peace xx

Dex 2005 - 2021

View attachment 36433
Very sorry to hear of Dex's passing, what a handsome fellow! One of the sadder things in life is that the older we get, the more pets we grieve for, but the bright side of that are the memories that we hold close forever.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Cat killed by hunting dogs and thrown over fence by huntsman

A cat owner has been left "in shock" after hounds from a hunting group killed her pet.

Carly Jose's rescue tortoiseshell, Mini, was killed outside her home in west Cornwall on Saturday by dogs being exercised, and the body was then thrown over a fence by a member of the hunt

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-56335193

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
This smells of BBC class propaganda.

Cats get killed by dogs all the time and no one gets excited.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

Rest In Peace xx

Dex 2005 - 2021

View attachment 36433
WHAT a little hunk. He was lucky to have you.

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score

Rest In Peace xx

Dex 2005 - 2021

View attachment 36433
My condolences on Dex's passing, Carlos. He was indeed fortunate to have lived with you. What a strikingly handsome boy! Memory eternal!
:group: