• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Ger

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
We had to say goodbye to Dex yesterday. He had been ill for some time and in the end it was all too much for him.

He was part of our lives for 15 years, since he was a tiny kitten, and he brought us so much joy. We're heartbroken but he had a great life and is at peace now. Sleep well Roodly, you will always be in our hearts little man.

Rest In Peace xx

Dex 2005 - 2021

View attachment 36433
xx

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
In early December my sister's Siamese, Luna, managed to spook herself. My sister was in the sitting room, which is directly below the spare bedroom in which Luna spends much of her time, when she heard a loud bang from overhead. She immediately ran upstairs to discover Luna cowering under the bed and unwilling to move. Nothing in the bedroom had been disturbed. At meal time, my sister took a plate of cat food and a bowl of water upstairs and eventually managed to coax Luna out from beneath the bed. Luna had no obvious injuries but she was moving very carefully so my sister took her to the vet the next day. The vet could find nothing wrong with her but suspected some muscle soreness. My sister concluded that Luna must have fallen off the bed, but she couldn't explain the loud bang. She said the noise was much louder than that of a domestic cat falling off a bed. No furniture in the bedroom had been overturned and the other cat was with my sister in the sitting room at the time of the incident, so a feline scuffle wasn't to blame.

My sister said Luna was unusually clingy in the days following the incident and avoided the spare bedroom for quite some time. When I visited them over Christmas I noted that Luna was very cautious about jumping up on any piece of furniture. That wasn't typical behaviour for her. Earlier today I spoke to my sister and she said Luna was now very much her usual imperious, Meezer self so there was obviously no lasting damage. The volume level of the fall remains a mystery nevertheless.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Toothless all tuckered out after a play with her fluffy ball

20210406_125444.png

And looking suitably guilty yesterday when i found her lounging on my bed (this is next doors cat remember)

20210405_193057.png

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
In early December my sister's Siamese, Luna, managed to spook herself. My sister was in the sitting room, which is directly below the spare bedroom in which Luna spends much of her time, when she heard a loud bang from overhead. She immediately ran upstairs to discover Luna cowering under the bed and unwilling to move. Nothing in the bedroom had been disturbed. At meal time, my sister took a plate of cat food and a bowl of water upstairs and eventually managed to coax Luna out from beneath the bed. Luna had no obvious injuries but she was moving very carefully so my sister took her to the vet the next day. The vet could find nothing wrong with her but suspected some muscle soreness. My sister concluded that Luna must have fallen off the bed, but she couldn't explain the loud bang. She said the noise was much louder than that of a domestic cat falling off a bed. No furniture in the bedroom had been overturned and the other cat was with my sister in the sitting room at the time of the incident, so a feline scuffle wasn't to blame.

My sister said Luna was unusually clingy in the days following the incident and avoided the spare bedroom for quite some time. When I visited them over Christmas I noted that Luna was very cautious about jumping up on any piece of furniture. That wasn't typical behaviour for her. Earlier today I spoke to my sister and she said Luna was now very much her usual imperious, Meezer self so there was obviously no lasting damage. The volume level of the fall remains a mystery nevertheless.

Cats falling off of things was never a thing when I had one cat. When you have a few you notice they fall off stuff all the time. They can make a big thump in the middle of the night when me and the wife are up saying "WTF WAS THAT?"

Cats can be spooked by anything. Juna our rough and tough tomboy gets spooked by the slightest odd noise.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
There are a lot of these cat-shaming pictures online, though cats are entirely shameless. It is the half-dead that adds to the horror of this one.

I am impressed by a cat that has mastered the apawstrophe. When they master the cap-lock key, our subjugation will be complete.

We can retire to our litter-trays* and leave the internet to them!

*I'm already in mine and loving it! :cat:

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Toothless got her leg caught in my dining room chair back when she fell off my diningroom table, i think she has sprained her ankle, spent the evening looking after her when i couldnt rouse her owner nextdoor, she was a bit better this morning, but then hurt it again jumping down off my shed roof, managed to speak with her owner earlier and told her to keep an eye on her leg, :(

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
I have recently witnessed a kitten limbo-dancing under my back gate. Proof that felines are essentially fluid. I doubt if there is more than an inch and a half of space there, where a few slats had rotted away. I am in the throes of repairing these things but the cat is demonstrating why this is necessary!

After doing a gigantic shit in one tub, then overturning two others, this sweet, little tortoiseshell kitty was startled out of my kitchen today, as I came downstairs. She had no time to do a shit, this time!

Later, thanks to my unaccustomed position up a ladder, I learned her name, her gender and her owner. Evidently a little minx, she was taking no notice of her owner, cavorting, beyond her reach, in our gated alley.

I could have called out, "Oi, your Maya did a shit in my tub!"

Yet I can hold fire. I'll shit on her step, when I feel like it, lacking any cat to do it for me! :cat:

Last edited: