Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
You cat may be working against you.
Another exposé from the New Yorker:

"They say that, if left alone with your dead body, your cat will eat you. I know mine would. Not because he’s heartless but because cats are practical, and if I don’t appear up to the task of feeding him he’ll simply fend for himself. If this comes as a surprise to you, please allow me to fill you in on some other cat behaviors that, though not as gruesome, are still quite disturbing. . . . "
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/an-introduction-to-asshole-cat-behaviors
One of mine used to walk across my computer and bring up programmes i had never seen, also she flipped my screen upside down and i didn't know how to return it, had to 'Phone a friend' :p

The cat making all the noise for that song, both mine came wandering in to see where the noise was coming from lol bless em

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
and the ridiculous number of animals that had to be retired *hurt?

* this is a euphemism.
Nope, it went well. The cat/rat 'kiss' at the end wasn't planned.

The rat was placed near the cat as planned and was expected to scarper but instead stood its ground, and the cat sniffed it in pure amazement.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
And also Jacob's Mallows Every One's a Fluffy One with the sleepy dormouse.

And also the trains one in sepia where a grandfather and grand daughter were playing chess while the heel of some CFMs curled around like a cat's tail settling to sleep. Wonderful song but I can't remember which one!

pity the products were such shite :tears:

Nosmo King

(Formerly Souleater)
Reaction score
And also the trains one in sepia where a grandfather and grand daughter were playing chess while the heel of some CFMs curled around like a cat's tail settling to sleep. Wonderful song but I can't remember which one!
What was this ad for?

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
Reaction score
Wow! My cats did not like that. The two that were in the room while I was watching vid were both looking around the room for the stranger cat.
I didn't like it much either, hearing a cat-used-as-theremin. The cat sounded so stressed out! :(
Only the person was having fun, but having fun by stressing out a hapless creature that was stuck in the same room!

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
Today is my Annabelle's official birthday. She is now four years old. I purchased a bag of cat treats from the corner shop and told Annabelle she had to share them with Caroline, my other cat. She seemed nonplussed.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1621923597102.jpg

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
The photographer is saying `Watch the birdie!`

And the cats are saying `No! Not in this studio!`

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
I have been thinking about that feline alugalug sound, which has become almost a Youtube meme.

Was it ever described before?

A variety of sounds are attributed to cats in literature but I can't think of any word to describe that sound.

Of course there is that horrid song in which the cat goes fiddle-i-dee but that just seems a reference to the cat-and-the-fiddle . . .

Yes, I do have things I should be doing . . . :p

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Another catastrophe avoided.

Firefighters had to remove bricks from a garage wall to free a cat that had fallen into a 3in (8cm)-wide gap.

The pet called Kevin was stuck for several hours between a house and garage in Heselden Avenue, Middlesbrough, before neighbours heard its meows for help, the RSPCA said. The cat was found to only have a swollen knee after being freed in a two-and-a-half hour rescue mission.

The RSPCA said it had been the "purr-fect rescue".

Cleveland Fire Brigade carried out the rescue with the assistance of RSPCA animal rescue officer Shane Lynn.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-57329860