Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Nosmo King

(Formerly Souleater)
Reaction score
Prisels has been put to sleep.

her breathing went very strange and she just couldn't get her breath anymore. Me and my wife spent months looking after her and she was a big, (skinny), purry thing right to the end.

I came home from work and she was struggling.

Old Stormy is the only one left of that era. Jonah, Inca, Mally and now Prisels are all gone and buried.

Pris and Mally were so wild the person who had been running the cat sanctuary said "they will be impossible to tame" was wrong.

They both had a very safe and cuddly life and were very lovely, odd, old cats,
Sorry-for-The-Loss-of-Your-Cat-Message.jpg

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score

her breathing went very strange and she just couldn't get her breath anymore. Me and my wife spent months looking after her and she was a big, (skinny), purry thing right to the end.

Old Stormy is the only one left of that era. Jonah, Inca, Mally and now Prisels are all gone and buried.

Pris and Mally were so wild the person who had been running the cat sanctuary said "they will be impossible to tame" was wrong.

Sad news. Take care.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Ah man sad news, hope you're OK mate.

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score

My condolences on Prisels' passing, NF. Take care of yourself.
:group:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
There's a new cat which has befriended my daughter.

It doesn't appear to be a stray, presumably a neighbour's and occasionally pops in for a visit.

She can naturally only let it in for so long, even though it is clearly quite comfortable there!

Some photos sent last night - I think the look on the last one is, 'can I just stay a wee bit longer'. :)

received_819807608943698.jpg

received_1187930695051781.jpg

received_529189551552652.jpg

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
Reaction score
Condolences to you and your family, NaughtyFelid! They are small but they leave a big hole when they are gone. :(

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Surprisingly little attention has been given to researching the relationships between cats and their owners. Newly-published research has resulted in an initial taxonomy of relationship types. In addition ...

The researchers have set up an interactive online quiz so you can evaluate your relationship(s) with your cat(s). The quiz is accessible via the link below.
New Research Analyzes the Types of Relationships Between Cats and Their Owners – Take the Quiz Yourself!

Co-dependent and clingy or casual and aloof – a new study has examined the behavior of pet cats to understand what it means about their relationship with their owner, and the research suggests it’s a two-way street!

The research “My Cat and Me – a Study of Cat Owner Perceptions of Their Bond and Relationship” by academics at the University of Lincoln, UK, involved nearly 4000 owners responding to a series of statements about their own behavior and that of their pet.

In addition to the research, the University of Lincoln has launched a new interactive quiz on its website so cat owners can find out what kind of relationship they have with their feline companions.

Despite the cat’s popularity as a pet, little is known about its bond and relationship with owners. The study identifies and characterizes the different types of relationship which cats might establish with their owners by using human attachment and social support theories. ...
FULL STORY: https://scitechdaily.com/new-resear...cats-and-their-owners-take-the-quiz-yourself/

INTERACTIVE QUIZ: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/cat-quiz/

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Surprisingly little attention has been given to researching the relationships between cats and their owners. Newly-published research has resulted in an initial taxonomy of relationship types. In addition ...

The researchers have set up an interactive online quiz so you can evaluate your relationship(s) with your cat(s). The quiz is accessible via the link below.

FULL STORY: https://scitechdaily.com/new-resear...cats-and-their-owners-take-the-quiz-yourself/

Completely described me as a one-person cat owner with the cat not being allowed outside. This couldn't be farther from the truth.

Last edited:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Vid at link.

Java Whiskers is London's latest cat cafe and is currently home to nine felines who have been looking for new owners.

It houses the animals from the rescue charity The Scratching Post and gives them a space to interact with humans before being adopted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-london-57599899

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score

I've come to the conclusion that our two female cats have a completely different relationship with me than they do with Ms Petes. When cuddles are required they go to Ms P. When food is required or they are in a Mexican stand off with each other, they expect me to sort it out. Sexist in the extreme.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that our two female cats have a completely different relationship with me than they do with Ms Petes. When cuddles are required they go to Ms P. When food is required or they are in a Mexican stand off with each other, they expect me to sort it out. Sexist in the extreme.

They change all the time.

Juna now takes to caterwauling outside the blackout room bedroom I sleep in when I do nightshifts. She's ignored me for years.

When I let her in she farts around, kneading, purring, going under the covers until she settles to sleep.

I'm losing about an hour of sleep a day because of her.

It's nice though having her around because she is absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
Anyone else watch the You Tube channel "I am Puma"?. Fascinating to see how this domesticated Puma (has medical problems and only reached half normal size) has domestic cat characteristics, combined with some dog ones, such as crying when husband goes out leaving him behind.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Oh, you should have seen Blackie last night.

Was scraping out the cream pot, and he came up to me...he goes to Dad for food but to me for attention, (I told my Father he likes fuss before food, and often he might bother to eat most up if in a good mood.)

Did I put the pot down for him to lick?

He took one look at it and stalked out in a huff.

I thought cats liked cream!

JaneD

JaneD
Reaction score
Oh, you should have seen Blackie last night.

Was scraping out the cream pot, and he came up to me...he goes to Dad for food but to me for attention, (I told my Father he likes fuss before food, and often he might bother to eat most up if in a good mood.)

Did I put the pot down for him to lick?

He took one look at it and stalked out in a huff.

I thought cats liked cream!
Only if they can steal it.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Three cheers for the vet!

A kitten given little chance of survival after he was born without an anus has been saved thanks to a vet carrying out a life-saving operation.

Toulouse the tabby was unable to defecate so his owner took him to the vets in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, and the grim diagnosis was made.
Given just hours to live, vet Chris Coutts carried out a rare surgical procedure to give him a new bottom.
Now four months old, it is hoped Toulouse will lead a normal life.

His owner, Nadia Kleisa, said the kitten and his sister Mila seemed to be settling into their new home, but she soon realised Toulouse was having problems.

When he did not improve overnight, she took him to Vets4Pets in Castleford where Mr Coutts told her he had a 1% chance of survival due to the genetic fault which had caused his condition.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-57736873

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Were they having a laugh, when they named him? :oops:

The whole story is worthy of an ode:

"There's no hole in my kitty, dear Coutty, dear Coutty,
"There's no hole in my kitty, dear Coutty, no hole!"

"I'll rip you a new one, dear kitty, dear kitty,
"I'll rip you a new one, dear kitty, come here!"

"Where do you want it, dear pussy, dear pussy,
Where do you want it?" The cat said, "My rear!" :pipe:

Oh dear, now I have started, I will be thinking of additional stanzas all night!

Yes, there are sensible things I could be doing! :jugg:

Last edited:

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

A kitten given little chance of survival after he was born without an anus has been saved thanks to a vet carrying out a life-saving operation.

Toulouse the tabby was unable to defecate so his owner took him to the vets in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, and the grim diagnosis was made.
Given just hours to live, vet Chris Coutts carried out a rare surgical procedure to give him a new bottom.

His owner, Nadia Kleisa, said the kitten and his sister Mila seemed to be settling into their new home, but she soon realised Toulouse was having problems.

When he did not improve overnight, she took him to Vets4Pets in Castleford where Mr Coutts told her he had a 1% chance of survival due to the genetic fault which had caused his condition.

This is heartwarming but he would have died in the first few days of life, not reached an age to be adopted.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

He advised the kitten have a diet of white fish, chicken and scrambled egg

There's Toulouse's shopping list sorted.