Reaction score
A very good idea for your cats maybe?

243161731_10223601735564536_5753237135663254599_n.jpg

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
A very good idea for your cats maybe?

View attachment 46475
I'm guessing that the sheers were tied so they didn't drag on floor and entice kitty to play with them. Obvs the kitty decided that this was made especially for her to have a great vantage point and to remain unseen. :rollingw:Cats always think they have the power of invisibility.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Ah. Sorry to say, but he's not as smart as my cats. They just put their noses out the door and don't even bother lol. However, once they get cabin fever, they will attempt to walk in 4 inches of snow and sometimes just forge ahead - as we all do by late winter :roll:.

Herr Cloaca

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I had a pussycat who once asked to be let out of the back door. I opened the door, and he observed it was raining heavily, and thought better of it.
Seconds later, he asked to be let out of the front door - presumably it wouldn't be raining there.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I had a pussycat who once asked to be let out of the back door. I opened the door, and he observed it was raining heavily, and thought better of it.
Seconds later, he asked to be let out of the front door - presumably it wouldn't be raining there.
Exactly, right? And I always open the other door for them just to prove how silly they are being. Good thing I don't have more outside doors.

Tunn11

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
"When we were living in Colorado there was snowfall. Our cat — I'm a cat man — wanted to get out of the house so I opened a door for him but he wouldn't leave. Just kept on crying. He'd seen snow before and I couldn't understand it. I kept opening other doors for him and he still wouldn't leave. Then Ginny said, 'Oh, he's looking for a door into summer.' I threw up my hands, told her not to say another word, and wrote the novel The Door Into Summer in 13 days." Robert Heinlein

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
"When we were living in Colorado there was snowfall. Our cat — I'm a cat man — wanted to get out of the house so I opened a door for him but he wouldn't leave. Just kept on crying. He'd seen snow before and I couldn't understand it. I kept opening other doors for him and he still wouldn't leave. Then Ginny said, 'Oh, he's looking for a door into summer.' I threw up my hands, told her not to say another word, and wrote the novel The Door Into Summer in 13 days." Robert Heinlein
Heinlein was awesome.
Mind you, that book is... odd.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Our Tim once asked to be let out of the front door in heavy rain. He took a few steps, looked around, then walked backwards into the hall again like a rewind. I was highly amused. :chuckle:

Herr Cloaca

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
At one point, we had a cat who turned out to be very susceptible to static electricity. I discovered this when I pointed my index finger towards him, and he moved his nose to my finger. When his nose got to within a centimetre of my finger, there was a crack and a blue spark jumped across and zapped him in the nose. He didn't know what had hit him. I hadn't intended this.

At the time I worked for a telecoms firm, and as part of my job got to take a static electricity meter gadget out. I took it home, stroked this cat vigorously and measured him - if I remember correctly, I got him up to 60,000V.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Nearly had to get NASA to rescue Vasa.

Firefighters have rescued a cat from a three-day ordeal up a tree.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said they were called by the RSPCA to help bring the feline, named Vasa, back down to earth on Saturday.
The hapless moggy was found in a 9m (30ft) high tree in Market Drayton after chasing a squirrel.

Fire fighters said on Twitter the rescue seemed "im-paws-ible" but scaled the tree to bring Vasa back to safety. Vasa's owners had been trying to coax the one-year-old down since he got stuck, but had been unsuccessful, the service said. Crews used a ladder placed in a neighbouring field to reach the cat, having to saw some obstructing branches off along the route.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-shropshire-58945376