I was messing about at Mornington Cemetery
Reaction score
0f3BMWL.jpeg

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Bringing closure.

'Why I reunite dead cats with their owners'​

A woman whose cat was dumped in landfill without her knowledge is on a mission to reunite deceased felines with their owners. Natalie Bennett tracks down deceased and missing cats using social media, before scanning them for a microchip and making contact with the animals' owners.

Ms Bennett's cat Trinity was found dead at the side of the A52 in Derby last year, before she was disposed of by council workers. Although Ms Bennett said Trinity had a microchip, Derby City Council said they failed to find one when they scanned her pet.

"She [Trinity] was thrown away like rubbish and that was horrible and that was what hurt the most," Ms Bennett said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-derbyshire-59039800

Gizmos Mama

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
One of my cats, Bailey, has 6 toes on both of his back feet.
He also has "thumbs", and little heart-shaped toe pads on his front feet.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0482.JPEG
    IMG_0482.JPEG
    711 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Gizmos Mama

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
This is a very frequent inherited trait in New England, didn't know it reached up to you all. Lots of cats padding around on big feet.
I've heard this is because of all the nautical history in New England. Sailors thought poly-dactyl cats could climb the rigging better, so were considered lucky to have on board the ships.

(edited to add) I think the world record holder for feline with the most toes goes to a cat named Tiger in Edmonton. 7 on each foot, IIRC.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
One thing to watch at this time of year is that people have the anti freeze toped up or
changed, drive car home cat is attracted to warm car finds nice warm sweet anti freeze
and laps it up, you need a new pussy, this is why you often get reports of cats being
poisoned around this time of year, don't over fill your coolant.
:omr:

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Also watch out for cats warming themselves under the car (warm engine) and then get run over or worse when you drive away. To prevent this, it is suggested that you bang on your car hood to scare the cat out before starting up your vehicle

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
One of my cats, now gone to kitty heaven, was called Shady, hence my avatar name, I called her Shady Shoes, no idea why. The ones I have now are, Tigger (Tiggy Toes) and Honey, (HunBunnies) don't ask lol
Mine are Rupert (Rupert Poopert, poor guy), and Simon (Simon the Pie Man). My third is Joy, and she is too dignified to have a nickname.