Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
My only real concern is Moo. She is a 'Wildy" feral cat that lets us pet her but no one else, we captured her recently and took her to the vets which has freaked her out because we were clever and underhand getting her. She is slowly coming right but is still annoyed we fooled her.

She still doesn't trust us and she is the one who will be p*ssed off. Her sister will be completely smitten by a new boy arrival as she loves headbutting new cats.

One of the funniest things I ever seen was when Magical Prisels, (the headbutting cat) headbutted Big Stormy so many times he actually looked frightened and started squeaking like a kitten due to power behind Magical Prisels headbutts!

(Prisels rhymes with missiles).

OWB: Just me and my wife. The Old Fella is totally mine, Magical Prisels my wifes the other three share us. Mind you Old Fella loves cuddles from the wife and Prisels loves cuddles from me so we all get on really.

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
^I agree. Your home sounds like a wonderful place for cats, and the little fellow deserves lots of love.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Well we picked up the little tyke on friday. I will post a pic when I can get him to sit still. Have cordoned off a small bedroom and my man cave as his run. I took off a sliding door to these two rooms a few months ago as it was ugly, but have had to fashion a door out of two pvc sheets bolted together and added hinges and latches. He thinks He's Steve McQueen and easily escaped the other temporay door I put in. However he is the cooler king at the moment.

We take it in turns to sleep with him until he is ready to join the greater family and home.

Aunty Inca looks incredibly like him, (they could be related, they were found within twenty miles of each other although 14 years apart so it's posssible), and adores him and him her. She was sleeping on the bed with him within 20 minutes and is quite happy to be locked in his quarters. She calms him down no end and has been a godsend with babysitting duties. I had to nip out today and they were both locked in the same room and both were fast asleep when I came back a couple of hours later. I'm not surprised, Inca has never hurt anything in her entire life and the only thing she hunts are leaves and socks!

The old fella looks sternly at him but tolerated being headbutted by Littlelun. He has hissed when Littlelun interrupted his dining though. I've been taking him out 15 mins a day into the house when the chilled cats are about. Magical Prisels has meet him and is a little nervous but they touched noses a few times.

He is crazy and has no fear but is stunningly beautiful. He's not really bumped into Stormy or Moo yet, we are taking it super slowly with them.

He is pooing like there's no tomorrow and as kittens do is farting alot. Basically you have to get that tray cleaned or it's like a mustard gas attack on the whole house.

The shelter didn't provide much info but I get the feeling he's been tried before at a home but returned. It was like they couldn't get us out there quick enough.

I'm wondering if he was too much of a handful for an inexperienced family? He is a real atomic bomb even for a kitten.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Haha! Just listening to Kenneth Williams again BIG THANKS Novena! Littlelun was very taken with Beethoven's spring Sonata!

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
My cats never appear to fart. I mean, they're nearly ten, we've had them since they were palm - sized and I've never smelt one once (I'm guessing they are pretty quiet?).

They must politely leave the room.

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Once, in my brief teaching career, I stayed as a lodger in the house of the headmaster of a private school. He and his wife had a cat called Myfanwy, which the wife said had halitosis at both ends!

Novena

Offanonagin
Reaction score
Haha! Just listening to Kenneth Williams again BIG THANKS Novena! Littlelun was very taken with Beethoven's spring Sonata!
It's great that episode isn't it? Littlelun has great taste! :)

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
My cats never appear to fart. I mean, they're nearly ten, we've had them since they were palm - sized and I've never smelt one once (I'm guessing they are pretty quiet?).

They must politely leave the room.
I raised about 10 kittens and I find that they fart a lot until about 8 months then everything settles down and you don't smell anything again until they are sick or old.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I always blame the cats too.

PeteByrdie

Privateer in the service of Princess Frideswide
Reaction score
I always blame the cats too.
I did once, then admitted it, and never heard the end of it. I should've kept quiet. It's not as though the cat cared I'd blamed him for a poo-bomb!

PeteByrdie

Reaction score

New lad with his long stretchy legs. Name Koi (Koe-ey), Choctaw Native American for Panther.

Excuse the non-matching linen we thought as he was sleeping there we'd better not but on the best stuff. :p
He's a handsome cat! I hope this begins a happy new life for you all.:)

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Happy and exasperating. Captain Poo-Claws. He misses the litter tray as often as hitting it then wanders around. :oops::eek:

PeteByrdie

Reaction score
Happy and exasperating. Captain Poo-Claws. He misses the litter tray as often as hitting it then wanders around. :oops::eek:
Ooh, that's a nuisance! Litter tray issues are the worst! A friend of mine has considered having a cat put down because she refuses to use the tray, only wees on the carpet, and they can't find a solution. Koi's a gangly-limbed fella, perhaps try a smaller sided, broader tray. That seems to have worked with our long limbed one. But, from the sounds of it, you have far more feline experience than us.

tillybean1

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Please tell me that this it is not a "House cat!"!

Last edited:

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Ooh, that's a nuisance! Litter tray issues are the worst! A friend of mine has considered having a cat put down because she refuses to use the tray, only wees on the carpet, and they can't find a solution. Koi's a gangly-limbed fella, perhaps try a smaller sided, broader tray. That seems to have worked with our long limbed one. But, from the sounds of it, you have far more feline experience than us.

Totally down to his long legs he tries his best bless him. I'm actually looking at an extra large litter tray. The good thing is he poos like clockwork so after the first couple of mishaps, we are usually on hand to clear up any mess.

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new arrival, NF! He is indeed a handsome fellow! Could he be part Siamese? I've read that Siamese crosses are often solid black. His long limbs and triangular head put me in mind of a Siamese. Whatever his origins, he is very fortunate that you chose him as a companion.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Prius Tommy the cat
For people who likes cats and I have a cat myself.

Last edited:

Loquaciousness

The misuse of the word "fact" annoys me
Reaction score
I have just had my very hairy pussy clipped, as show career has ended (for now). No more poo cling ons or funny smells.

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
I'll post this here rather than in Optical Illusions, because a knowledge of cat-kind might help your decision!

The new dressgate: Is this cat going up or down the stairs?
Could this be the new dressgate? Feline optical illusion divides the internet
l

Is this cat going up or down the stairs? Photo: Imgur

By Mark Molloy
2:48PM BST 10 Apr 2015

First the colour of a dress divided nations around the world and now people are arguing if this cat is going up or down the stairs.
The photo was posted on Imgur this week where it quickly racked up thousands of hits.
It has been one of the most popular posts on 9gag.com, a site that features user-generated content.

One user commented: "Down. Look at the staircase ... it is obvious that picture is taken from the lower point."

Another disagreed, adding: "I would say this cat is going up as it looks a bit up and forward. When cats go down, they look where they're stepping."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...-Is-this-cat-going-up-or-down-the-stairs.html

:D

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
As with the dress, what does it actually matter? :confused:
It all helps human understanding of - er - human understanding!

But I liked the way different people interpreted the cat's stance to justify their view.

(As for the dress, I seem to have missed all that, but as OWB says, what does it actually matter? ;))

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
I have a cat, Bengal cross, usually all the time, all are scared of her, she attacked me when i was phoning my mum, all my mum heard were some choice swear words as she picked up the other end, evil sod, (cat, not mum) but, i do love the psychotic bugger