Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Back to the Cat on the Steps, I now realise this is a new version of Schrodinger's cat
- it's not about the cat being dead or alive, but about whether it's going up or down - or both!

Scarg, get young escet onto this - a Nobel prize beckons!

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
The cat is going down. When a cat goes up stairs it's shoulder muscles bunch up.

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Reaction score
I have a cat, Bengal cross, usually all the time, all are scared of her, she attacked me when i was phoning my mum, all my mum heard were some choice swear words as she picked up the other end, evil sod, (cat, not mum) but, i do love the psychotic bugger
Mine has some evil ways of buggering up my lay in if she wants feeding. I think you know firsthand how long and flexible those front legs are, she managed to snake one under the bottom of the duvet just enough to hook a single claw in the sensitive topside of my foot and then pulled. :eek:

After that I further fortified my position within the duvet, so she started batting the wooden handle thing on the light pull against the wall instead.

My other two aren't scared of her, but only because one, who is tiny, is an ex street cat who can look after herself, and the other, who is a wuss and a great ninny, has about half of her weight again so they just end up slam dunking each other into the floor until they're both exausted.

Bengals are the terrorists of the cat world!

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Reaction score
I need to find my camera to take some cat pics. Also I have a bag of sprouts that have been in the fridge since December I want to photograph, then I can throw them out.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I need to find my camera to take some cat pics. Also I have a bag of sprouts that have been in the fridge since December I want to photograph, then I can throw them out.
Don't throw the cat out!

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Reaction score
lol the cats are staying, the bag of sprouts (of whatever they are now) is getting thrown.

The bag is still sealed and I can smell them through the plastic. :eek:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
lol the cats are staying, the bag of sprouts (of whatever they are now) is getting thrown.

The bag is still sealed and I can smell them through the plastic. :eek:
If they are Brussels sprouts, throw them out. Bloody EU!

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
They will be a sentient life form now.

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Reaction score
Sprouts duly thrown, I coudn't find my photo camera so made a short video clip of the bag on my helmet cam.

The bag is still sealed but the contents have slowly started to permeate through. :eek: Glad it's in the bin now.

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Well, this article pulls no punches! Discuss!
Can a man who owns a cat ever be trusted?
You can generally assume that any man with a pet cat is sneaky and afraid of commitment, writes Chas Newkey-Burden
By Chas Newkey-Burden
7:00AM BST 12 Apr 2015

What is the measure of a man? Well, his choice of pet, of course. If he has a dog, this says positive things about him. He values loyalty, energy and heroism. He’s probably a good laugh.
But if he is a cat owner, he may as well walk around with a huge sign that says: "I’m terrified of commitment, rather snobby and a tad creepy. PS – my home probably smells of on-the-turn shellfish."

There are, I suppose, some excuses for owning a cat. The stereotypical owner is a spinster, and given their plight, one can forgive them the error of allowing the clawing fleabags through their front door. But beyond that, cat-ownership seems a bizarre lifestyle choice. Certainly among males, there is no excuse for it once adolescence has passed.
Cats are sinister, self-centred little madams with an unjustified, Herculean superiority complex. They are crashing bores, the animal world equivalent of the mute dinner-party guest from hell.
Throughout their lives, most of which they seem to spend asleep, the only drama cats create is when they awaken their owner with a half-dead sparrow. They give as much fun back to their owners as goldfish. When someone tells me their cat has died, the question I always want to ask is: but how could you tell?

Dogs could hardly be more different. They are bursting with all the qualities any man would want from a pal. They are fun, courageous and loyal creatures.

etc... :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11520058/Can-a-man-who-owns-a-cat-ever-be-trusted.html

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Well, this article pulls no punches! Discuss!
Can a man who owns a cat ever be trusted?
You can generally assume that any man with a pet cat is sneaky and afraid of commitment, writes Chas Newkey-Burden
By Chas Newkey-Burden
7:00AM BST 12 Apr 2015

What is the measure of a man? Well, his choice of pet, of course. If he has a dog, this says positive things about him. He values loyalty, energy and heroism. He’s probably a good laugh.
But if he is a cat owner, he may as well walk around with a huge sign that says: "I’m terrified of commitment, rather snobby and a tad creepy. PS – my home probably smells of on-the-turn shellfish."

There are, I suppose, some excuses for owning a cat. The stereotypical owner is a spinster, and given their plight, one can forgive them the error of allowing the clawing fleabags through their front door. But beyond that, cat-ownership seems a bizarre lifestyle choice. Certainly among males, there is no excuse for it once adolescence has passed.
Cats are sinister, self-centred little madams with an unjustified, Herculean superiority complex. They are crashing bores, the animal world equivalent of the mute dinner-party guest from hell.
Throughout their lives, most of which they seem to spend asleep, the only drama cats create is when they awaken their owner with a half-dead sparrow. They give as much fun back to their owners as goldfish. When someone tells me their cat has died, the question I always want to ask is: but how could you tell?

Dogs could hardly be more different. They are bursting with all the qualities any man would want from a pal. They are fun, courageous and loyal creatures.

etc... :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11520058/Can-a-man-who-owns-a-cat-ever-be-trusted.html
Typical telegraph rubbish!

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
My cat is giving you evils.

EDIT He's giving Rynner evils.

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
So, no calm, reasoned response then? ;)

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Nope, dont believe it, they do give back, they leave mice for presents, id prefer a DVD player, but, hey, they dont have a credit card, so i can forgive them :p

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Nope, dont believe it, they do give back, they leave mice for presents, id prefer a DVD player, but, hey, they dont have a credit card, so i can forgive them :p
Or, horrors! They bring in still living mice!

Monstrosa

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Or, mangled beyond saving but still breathing soon to be corpses.
It's an opinion piece designed to irritate cat-loving men.

So what?

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Yep, ive caught a couple and released them, one even squeaked as i let it go, i think it said 'thanks'

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
So, no calm, reasoned response then? ;)
Its completely wrong that they dont give back. They love affection and return it in spades. I love dogs too and have had several but they cant compete with cats.

I always found dogs rather two dimensional, predictable and robotic compared with cats. Their personalities just aren't as evolved. Also the fawning gets a bit much. I want a companion not a slave.

Last edited:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Yep, ive caught a couple and released them, one even squeaked as i let it go, i think it said 'thanks'
When I let one go the kitten got upset, meowing plaintively.

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Reaction score
Or, horrors! They bring in still living mice!
I've never had one that did that, Sargent does in sparrows sometimes but they are always dead when they get to me, particularly if it's a weekend morning and I'm barefoot so she can try and drop the corpse on my bare feet! :D

G

GeorgeP

I took in a Cornish Rex around a year ago. He is "glued" to my side most of the time and Ive found my life does work around his now. Oh and he eats everything.

PeniG

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
When they bring you dead mice they're trying to feed you. When they bring you live mice, they're trying to teach you to hunt.

When they bring in live birds and let them go they're just having a laugh.

Men who don't like cats are not to be trusted. They're probably control freaks.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
My cats leave dead mice outside the back door, and then come in and mew at us to let us know.

They used to bring them in, but I think they've realised they get a slightly freaked-out reaction.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Men who don't like cats are not to be trusted. They're probably control freaks.
What about women who don't like cats?