Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Just wondered if some of you might never have seen this before - I hadn't...

Warning - you need to have a box of tissues on standby here - trust me...

Jacket_Potato

Junior Acolyte
My cat came in with a small cut recently which she wouldn't stop scratching and making worse every time it was starting to heal, so it got bigger etc until today my boyfriend took her to the vets (which she hates obviously), she had a little infection in it so got 2 jabs - one to treat the infection & one to stop it itching so hopefully she'll leave it alone & let it heal - fingers crossed!

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
You know that they make it a principle not to enjoy beds that are bought for them?
You reckon... :thought:

Bought wee Cassie one of those for her Xmas, some years ago.

Had also purchased a new desktop computer system, with separate printer and scanner, so there was a high pile of boxes in corner of the living room.

Cassie took to that radiator attachment straight away...

...for a minute or so, until she spied the pile of boxes building up..

I absolutely swear, for the next six weeks or so, she relaxed/slept on top of those boxes and never went near her Xmas gift again. :p

Last edited:

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
You know that they make it a principle not to enjoy beds that are bought for them? Ours seem to have forgotten...

View attachment 13353
Three days ago I counted 7 store-bought cat beds of various shapes and sizes, all of which are unused. What did Ted decide to sleep on? The damp towel I used to towel him dry which I left on the floor to answer the phone.

Since then him and Juna have been fighting out who get to sleep on it. I've left it there until they get bored of it. You can just spot a cat bed next to him unused above the scratching pad.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
True story.

Daughter had recently taken in a refuge cat.

Cat's toilet tray is located in the bathroom.

Donna goes for a bath and subsequently getting out, her knickers have gone missing.

Puzzled, eventually notices cat is burying said knickers in its toilet tray.

lol -that is beautiful

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
True story.

Daughter had recently taken in a refuge cat.

Cat's toilet tray is located in the bathroom.

Donna goes for a bath and subsequently getting out, her knickers have gone missing.

Puzzled, eventually notices cat is burying said knickers in its toilet tray.
What a weird thing to do maybe it cat logic.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Xmas some years ago.

Kids were younger, so put together the most fabulous Xmas tree ever - all the baubles in the right place, lights perfect and the tinsel just glorious.

A thing of splendour.

Cassie starts getting interested in the end of some tinsel, just within reach, if she stretches.

No, Cassie, that's not for playing with... understand?... good...

Half way through the night there's a noise downstairs. Cautiously investigating same, discover that the Xmas tree is now a complete wreck, lying on the floor.

Prime suspect is curled up asleep under a nearby small table. Innocent as anything, 'wakes up as if nothing has happened'.

'Did you do that... {points to befallen Xmas tree...}'?

...and then... quite coincidentally... you get a 'nudge cuddle'.

'So... it wasn't you...'?

Removes tinsel still wrapped around her head...

'What's this then...'?

She honestly went straight into hiding behind the settee...

Lb8535

Ephemeral Spectre
Yes indeed a black and a tabby are my two choices, depending of course on who needs a home. How did you know? I've even thought about names. A little unbalanced here.
I ran into an old friend yesterday who is fostering the cat of another friend who is terminally ill - the cat goes to visit her frequently. Friend #1 however is allergic and not a cat person. So I appear to be the prospective owner of a cat that is "you know that gray thing - maybe a tabby?".

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
The Mrs has got a homeless cat at her workplace that people look after, I'll do my best to write up her report:

"She's a manky old thing with a really short tail. Some times the business owners look after it, sometimes it sits outside the kitchen door or it's curled up on the laundry bags. It's given scraps from the kitchen like smoked salmon, sometimes the chefs buy it cat food. The other day it ventured through the kitchen, through a long corridor and up to reception, totally geriatric and not bothered, I shushed it away although she's normally good as gold and won't come in because she knows her boundaries. The chefs make a fuss of it. It licks water from the polythene sheets outside but most of the time she's asleep, sometimes on a blanket we've left out for her but at least she's under cover. She's fanciful about the food that's left out so doesn't always eat it. She's wild but she'll come up to you to miaow."

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Xmas Trivia Compo!

As you do, stumble across wonderful cat photographs, keep them and then realise some must absolutely be shared - especially the rare ones!

So... (for, hopefully, just a wee bit of fun) can you identify these cat lovers?

Clue: They are all musicians!

20181211_225350162.jpg 20181211_225837932.jpg 20181211_225019570.jpg 20181211_225143384.jpg 20181211_22512390.jpg 20181211_22554985.jpg

cycleboy2

Abominable Snowman
Xmas Trivia Compo!

As you do, stumble across wonderful cat photographs, keep them and then realise some must absolutely be shared - especially the rare ones!

So... (for, hopefully, just a wee bit of fun) can you identify these cat lovers?

Clue: They are all musicians!

View attachment 13577 View attachment 13578 View attachment 13579 View attachment 13580 View attachment 13581 View attachment 13582
Two, three, four and six yes (I've seen two and three in concert and I've met six); one I feel I should know and five looks familiarish...