Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian

This may be the most frightening Fortean video I've ever seen. (I just posted the web address and got the photo - is this correct?)
I think that's a Russian Blue - they don't give a shit. Our Neela's dad is the same breed and he basically sits in front of a mirror all day, just admiring himself.

Try wrapping either of our cats and the result would be shredded hands, bloody paper, and a cat flap swinging in the breeze.

Lb8535

Ephemeral Spectre
I think that's a Russian Blue - they don't give a shit. Our Neela's dad is the same breed and he basically sits in front of a mirror all day, just admiring himself.

Try wrapping either of our cats and the result would be shredded hands, bloody paper, and a cat flap swinging in the breeze.
Good I was afraid it had been drugged. Any of my cats would have lasted an instant.

This thing answers to Morgan (his real name), Buster (what everyone else calls him), Git, and fat git (what i call him.) Likes: pigeons, mindless violence, KFC zinger burgers and killa chilli sauce on kebab meat. Hates: binmen, binbags, window cleaners and Iceland delivery men,

He's not "ours" as such. He sort of turned up in my mum's garden 6 years ago and hasn't really left since. Not really sure of his backstory but he lives/lived a road away, but they got a dog and the girl who had him left home ,and he went feral apparently. There was dark mutterings from the neighbours about him terrorising the area when my mum moved in, and he seems to have knocked-up every female cat in the area at one stage or another, so 90% of the cats in the area are direct relatives. Always find it amusing watching various mini-versions of him come into the garden to pay their respects hoping he's in a good mood. To start off with, we just fed him occasionally because he was in a bit of a state, then we deloused him, then he sort of moved into the house during the day, and the last few months he's started staying overnight when it suits him. We think he was sleeping in the gap between the houses as the neighbour complained of hearing snoring noises when he had his window open at night.

20181218_16055777.jpg

That is his usual position if i'm round my mums. He lays there, staring me out, occasionally reaching over to bite or slash my hand while i'm on the laptop until i give his head a rub or stick my fingers in his ears if he's really annoyed me/inflicted bleeding wounds. I'm not actually a masochist, but before he turned up i was very allergic to cat. Couldn't breath, eyes watering, only had to touch one and my skin would swell and scab over. 6 years of having my hand shredded every time i see my old dear and i'm totally cured so that's a result at least. The other funny is i'm the only one allowed to touch him. If anyone else tries, he gets mortally offended by the whole idea and hisses or scarpers - he's got a very furry belly irresistible to women, and i like grabbing clumps of it while they watch fuming at the inaccessible furry goodness. The poor old psycho must be getting on a bit now, and given his lack of ownership it's a bit of a worry, but i suppose if he gets ill its likely we'll be around to pay for it if no-one else will

Has he had the chop you mean? To be honest i don't know. He has a very furry undercarriage and i've never wanted to lose the use of my hands for a prolonged period so never delved *cough*. This was before my mum bought the house so I'm presuming his owners did something after he knocked up next door's cat or the one across the road. He did once turn up with a lot of infected wounds from a fight and my old dear went and tracked down the owner and she took him to a vet, so he wasn't entirely neglected at one point.

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
A bloke me and the Mrs know well once wistfully said to us "I hate it when you're having a wank and then you suddenly realise your cat's watching you." .. he's posted this on his blog although this doesn't look like one of his cats.
View attachment 13633
I got your picture, I got your picture, I got a million of you all round my cell. :D

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Angel made a sound I've never heard her make before today.she made this ma sound and my mum said she has always made that sound its just the first time I've noticed it and Angel does this when shes hungry and to me it's like Angel trying to say mumma because some times my mum feeds her at night.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Our oldest current cat, Bagpuss, who has seen some shit (came to us via a crack house) has a touch of kitty-dementia and is obsessed with food.
Today Techy had a pack of roast chicken portions and Bagpuss knew about them before he even opened the pack. She was there, in his face, yowling. He fended her off with a big lump of meat and skin so he could eat in peace.

He always shares meat with the cats on the sofa but the others are a little more polite. Bagpuss is like a mugger. I love her for it, she's such a character.

Recycled1

Justified & Ancient
How much do other people spend on vet's bills?

I've got two much loved cats
They both went to the vet today to have their teeth sorted out -both had an extraction, plus a dental xray and the one had stitches in the gum.
The older cat had a blood test taken at the same time for his thyroid condition. Obviously injections etc were involved.
I ended up witth a bill for £689.

Fortunately I can afford to pay it, I'm an OAP , not on benefits, but I'm not staggeringly rich either.
Any thoughts? i'e. am I being taken for a ride?

Recycled1

Justified & Ancient
The vet I use is the nearest I can get to on the bus. (I don't drive.)
I did think I might contact the PDSA hospital just to compare regular prices e.g. annual vaccinations, and my older cat's monthly thyroid medication. I suspect there probably isn't going to be much difference, especially as I would have to factor in taxi costs for visits.
It's just that my non cat-owning friends were horrified at the thought of paying so much!
But it's private medicine, I suppose.