Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
I am totally not into dressing cats up, got this for Phoo though because she does seem to feel the cold more than my other cats, not sure if it's a breed thing with Bengals or not, usually found under my duvet on days like this.

She got out of it once I stopped fussing her, then I gave the heating a blast so she has found a floorboard over a pipe.

brownmane

off kilter
Well here I thought I was joining a site involving forteana and what do I find, but a conversation about cats. Sign me up! I have 3. Did have 4 (tho not by choice).

Anyone query as to the percentage of members here who are cat lovers? Is there a connection between enjoying tales and news of weird and odd things and being cat lovers?

As to vet bills, it seems that prices aren't too different here in Canada. I just had my Simon's teeth cleaned and that was pre-op bloodwork,anaesthetic and clean...no extraction, plus a 25% promotional discount for just over $300 last month.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Archie has decided that ice is something that shouldn't exist. I came in with a blob of it still on the toe of my boots. Archie investigated, did a full on comedy "what the heck" sniff and back away, and then sat staring at the offensively iced boot as if it was about to charge until I got a cloth and mopped the frosty water away. He then demanded some Dreamies and sat on my bit of the sofa, just to make a point

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
@OneWingedBird I have a half Bengal and if i had stroked her like that I would have ended up in casualty lol
@brownmane Well, cats are a little mysterious are they not, appearing from nowhere, when you are darn sure you let them out, etc
@Rerenny Awww, Archie is trying to protect you from the big bad .....erm, slush monster? it may have grown
@Mythopoeika and @GingerTabby What a lovely name for a cat, if its a ginger one, ummmm, and that cat is cheap for 50c

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Here's a story to warm the cockles of cat lovers' hearts ... But first, an illustration of the crisis situation:

frozen-cat-today-main-190207_cdb2b31f5a96030b94784a69372ccee3.fit-560w.jpg

Veterinarians save cat found caked with snow
Veterinarians in Montana said they were able to save a cat found frozen in the snow with a temperature too low for thermometers to read.

Dr. Jevon Clark, veterinarian at Animal Clinic of Kalispell, said Fluffy the cat was brought in by her owners after she was found unresponsive and buried in the snow amid 10-degree weather Thursday afternoon.

"I've never seen this. I've been in practice for almost 24 years and she was actually caked in ice, like those ice balls were caked on her all the way around her 360 degrees all the way around her. Her temperature was so low our thermometer wouldn't read it, so we know it was less than 90" ...

Clark and his associate, Dr. China Corum, used heating pads and a heated cage to bring Fluffy's temperature up until she gained consciousness later in the afternoon.

Fluffy was then taken to an emergency clinic as her temperature remained dangerously low, but Clark said she had returned to normal by that evening. ...
SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/02/07/Veterinarians-save-cat-found-caked-with-snow/8661549550529/

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Cats and peculiar, to us, eating habits.

One day I was grating some cheese and a small spillover landed on kitchen floor.

To my surprise, Cassie showed some interest and duly ate same.

Tried it again, now as an experiment and yes, she loved it.

Played that game for ages and then decided to put some in her dish.

Not remotely interested... sat there awaiting the next, 'stolen' nibble.

Eventually, this inevitability became a ritual!

She wouldn't touch milk either!

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
That is soooooo adorable lol I always say hello to mine when i come back home and I swear she says it back
Do not doubt...

When my late, sweetheart, wee Cassie was a kitten, she had a predisposition to climb the curtains half way up and hang out there for ages.

So, one day I asked her, 'What's this all about, little kitty?'.

She did respond and I've always taken that to mean, 'I'm a cat, what else did you expect'?

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
I am totally not into dressing cats up, got this for Phoo though because she does seem to feel the cold more than my other cats, not sure if it's a breed thing with Bengals or not, usually found under my duvet on days like this.

She got out of it once I stopped fussing her, then I gave the heating a blast so she has found a floorboard over a pipe.

Just watched this with my 7-year-granddaughter.

l am consequently instructed to tell you that the wee one gave Phoo a cuddle.