Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
One of my cats got me across the bridge of the nose as she walked across my face in bed, nice gash, i just said thanks a lot, it was the same cat that i am named after, they dont care, we are part of the scenery lol

@Naughty_Felid Ted is beautiful x

@CarlosTheDJ How dare you put your arm in his way :p

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
't'other morning I let Tim the tomcat into Techy's bedroom to say hello. Techy was fast asleep sprawled on his back; Tim leapt onto the bed and launched himself towards the window, using Techy's gonads as a springboard. There was a werewolf-like howl of pain. I made myself scarce.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
One of our two cats was chasing something behind a cushion on the floor, which I thought would be a spider - turned out to be a very live, very healthy-looking mouse. I've just made a homemade humane mousetrap (thank you, YouTube) with a toilet roll tube, cheese and a bin. We'll see. I'll have to remove all the sweets, chocolates and cake, which we brought back as presents from a holiday. I know from work that they'll eat that - my Milky Way stash was destroyed a few Christmases ago!

I'll keep you posted...

Cat found alive after nine years!

A cat owner was "shocked and amazed" to be reunited with her pet - nine years after he disappeared.

Spike wandered off from home in Leicester in 2010 with his sister Ruby when they were kittens. Ruby was found dead some time later and it was assumed her brother had met the same fate. But last month, owner Victoria Roberts was delighted to hear the feline was alive and well and living 15 miles down the road.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-48122651

Our feral lodger has had a bad month. First, the old dear broke her elbow and had to go into hospital for a week which he didn't cope well with, probably because I was looking after him. First he wouldn't leave her bed (he's not allowed there when she's home), then he staged a dirty protest by sleeping in and refusing to leave his kitty litter tray. Worse still, when she came back, he wasn't allowed to stay the night which hasn't gone down well. To cap it off I stopped him eating a pigeon yesterday and his claws have got so long, he's pulled two off jumping off the settee. In desperation we bought him a catnip scratching box (we tried a scratch post before and he ignored it). He's pretty much ignored the scratching bit again, but the cardboard box it came in is his new home which he only leaves to get his grub. *stares at pile of expensive baskets he's never used*

WIN_20190502_12_10_47_Pro.jpg

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Our feral lodger has had a bad month. First, the old dear broke her elbow and had to go into hospital for a week which he didn't cope well with, probably because I was looking after him. First he wouldn't leave her bed (he's not allowed there when she's home), then he staged a dirty protest by sleeping in and refusing to leave his kitty litter tray. Worse still, when she came back, he wasn't allowed to stay the night which hasn't gone down well. To cap it off I stopped him eating a pigeon yesterday and his claws have got so long, he's pulled two off jumping off the settee. In desperation we bought him a catnip scratching box (we tried a scratch post before and he ignored it). He's pretty much ignored the scratching bit again, but the cardboard box it came in is his new home which he only leaves to get his grub. *stares at pile of expensive baskets he's never used*

View attachment 16688
One of our cats Pris who is semi-feral, (had a true feral mum when they were trapped), gets very long nails that have to be cut every 5 weeks. I'm the only one who can hold her and there's only one vet who can put her at ease to cut them. To trap her inside with have an elaborate ritual of closing the catflap from outside.

Once done her whole demeanor changes as her nails are quite painful. She becomes happy and placid. I find once you sort out the various ailments of the "wildys" (wild cats) they become a lot more manageable and nicer to live with. If he's ripping his claws out, (not just the dead outer keratin), then he needs to be taken in.

Easier said than done I know but worth it a he'll be easier to be around.