Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

Tempest63

Ephemeral Spectre
Can you get them from t'supermarket or are they only available from health shops? Or are health shop ones stronger? Inquiring minds need to know.

I rarely have sleep problems so will have to think up another excuse for buying the tea! Of course, tormenting the cats is an eminently acceptable reason.
I think I got mine from Holland & Barrett

Ladyloafer

Abominable Snowman
I imagine this has been posted here before, but it is so strangely disturbing I think we can look at it again...
Hogwarts was not properly visualised on screen; that is a human turned into a cat!
looks like he should be auditioning for cats the musical.

annd, in trying and failing to find a picture to illustrate this i have discovered a cinema version of cats in in production!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5697572/

idris elba as macivity!

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
He's not Maine Coon size but the vet thinks he has a lot of wildcat in him - the size, ferocity to anything that isn't "his". There was other stuff but I can't remember :(

He's one of these cats that has lived on his own successfully on various occasions and we are well pleased he's identified us as a suitable soft touch to be taken advantage of.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Extended across your throat, oh boy, watch out for that, specially if you buy him the wrong fud, or worse still, object to his little gifts

He is gorgeous dear :D

PeteByrdie

Privateer in the service of Princess Frideswide
So, it's full moon tonight. My pagan other half has always insisted that the cats go mental around the full moon. Obviously, this is just some woo nonsense backed up by cognitive bias. There's absolutely no reason the moon's phase should have an effect on the mentality of our many cats. However, by coincidence, our many cats (we have seventeen in the house currently), all go bananas for about three days around the full moon. My pagan partner is perfectly fine believing there's a causative connection, and as a fortean, of course, I'm fine with with all the possibilities, including those that appear to make no sense. But I'm curious as to whether any of the other feline fanatics on the forum have noticed a connection between felid behaviour and the moon's radiance, and whether you notice one now I've mentioned it.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
So, it's full moon tonight. My pagan other half has always insisted that the cats go mental around the full moon. Obviously, this is just some woo nonsense backed up by cognitive bias. There's absolutely no reason the moon's phase should have an effect on the mentality of our many cats. However, by coincidence, our many cats (we have seventeen in the house currently), all go bananas for about three days around the full moon. My pagan partner is perfectly fine believing there's a causative connection, and as a fortean, of course, I'm fine with with all the possibilities, including those that appear to make no sense. But I'm curious as to whether any of the other feline fanatics on the forum have noticed a connection between felid behaviour and the moon's radiance, and whether you notice one now I've mentioned it.
Lovecraft used to write about Cats battling monsters on the dark side of the moon, didn't he? (I believe him).

PeteByrdie

Privateer in the service of Princess Frideswide
Lovecraft used to write about Cats battling monsters on the dark side of the moon, didn't he? (I believe him).
As far as I know, only in a sort of shared dreamscape. I love the army of cats in that story, but HP didn't do his research. You've got more chance of being bit by a daffodil than getting cats to work together against a common enemy.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Nah, just a common or garden British Shorthair tomcat. A moggie.

He's the one who once went missing and we believed he was dead, and I thought 'If I had the choice of winning the lottery or having Tim back for Techy I'd choose Tim', and the little beggar came back! So that's my big win up the Swanee.

brownmane

Ephemeral Spectre
As far as I know, only in a sort of shared dreamscape. I love the army of cats in that story, but HP didn't do his research. You've got more chance of being bit by a daffodil than getting cats to work together against a common enemy.
I have to mention, though it was not an enemy of the cats. I had four cats at one time and one was blind (totally, no eyes). One day, I came out into my yard to see all four cats standing in a circle staring at something inside their circle. It was a poor little mouse. It was ok and I helped it to escape under my shed :).

brownmane

Ephemeral Spectre
Nah, just a common or garden British Shorthair tomcat. A moggie.

He's the one who once went missing and we believed he was dead, and I thought 'If I had the choice of winning the lottery or having Tim back for Techy I'd choose Tim', and the little beggar came back! So that's my big win up the Swanee.
That's always better than winning money.

RyoHazuki

Ephemeral Spectre
Yes, it frequently happened with ours. Their behaviour varied - only one would go into full psycho mode - but they all changed and became more irritable and/or erratic, except one which would get very clingy for a couple of days.

O/T but my Nan used to have a couple of elderly neighbours (non-pagan, AFAIK!) with fairly major mental health issues, which manifested in various behaviours. They were always completely quiet during the evening and night-time, except when there was a full moon, when one or the other of them would stand on their front lawn at 10 or 11PM, screaming obscenities.