Cattle Mutilations

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Millions of domestic/farm animals die every year, with or without human intervention. l have yet to see imagery of anything that could not be a random product of either peri- or post mortem predation, or decomposition.

Nature has no pity. Scavengers go for the low-hanging fruit: eyes, buccal cavity and genitals.

maximus otter

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Maybe you haven't looked into it much.

Of course many farm animals die each year. Cattle farmers would know all about this & what common scavenging looks like. Nevertheless there seem to be cases away from the norm & which they can't account for. Parts seemingly removed with a very sharp knife, etc etc.

If it is a predator, then it's a fairly uncommon one which they don't see evidence of very often. What sort of predator can leave a carcass with what appear to be cuts?

hunck

Justified & Ancient
If you're in the vicinity of Portland, OR, you might want to see, this coming Sunday,

Puppeteers for Fears, the world’s greatest puppet rock band and comedy troupe, present Cattle Mutilation: the Musical!

Puppeteers for Fears, the world’s greatest puppet rock band and comedy troupe, present Cattle Mutilation: the Musical!, a quintessentially northwest story of the generational divide, UFO sightings, and the search for Bigfoot. But with puppets. Written by Josh Gross, directed by Katy Curtis, and with live music performed by Derek Deon and the Vaughns.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
I spent an evening with a former scientist from Oregon State University some time ago; he brought albums of pics with him and had no good explanation for it. In some cases it happens very quockly while the animal is out of sight for a short time.

XBergMann

Fear not, I mean no harm to your planet
You'd think the aliens would have collected enough spare parts to build their own cow by now and thus would be able to stop collecting more bits.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Would any of the mutilation patterns leave evidence on a defleshed skeleton. I'm thinking archaeological specimens.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
They have built their own cow, out of nothing but the anuses and eyeballs they've collected. ...
... And mocked humanity by leaking the technology for what we know as Google Deep Dream, so that any image of an animal we feed into the app transforms into a mass of what appear to be eyeballs and anuses.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Several of the posts above remind me of what I have been asking for years .... why would aliens want cattle parts anyway.?
To what purpose..?

feinman

Abominable Snowman
‘The oral microbiomes of dairy cattle are also similar in constitution with respect to their individual gut microbiomes, and oral samples are routinely taken as noninvasive proxies for assessing the health and potential pathogenic growth of bacteria in the microbial community of their rumen.’
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5665491/
I’ve often wondered if it is aliens (could be something else but almost as strange), perhaps they are periodically analyzing the changing terrestrial microbiota and introducing the microbiota into a captive population of meat producing animals for food for some population, perhaps of humans, perhaps in a different place / world. Far out, I know… But that’s all I’ve got.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
‘The oral microbiomes of dairy cattle are also similar in constitution with respect to their individual gut microbiomes, and oral samples are routinely taken as noninvasive proxies for assessing the health and potential pathogenic growth of bacteria in the microbial community of their rumen.’
I’ve often wondered if it is aliens (could be something else but almost as strange), perhaps they are periodically analyzing the changing terrestrial microbiota and introducing the microbiota into a captive population of meat producing animals for food for some population, perhaps of humans, perhaps in a different place / world. Far out, I know… But that’s all I’ve got.
Interesting idea. To what end, do you think?
Maybe they have human slaves?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Would any of the mutilation patterns leave evidence on a defleshed skeleton. I'm thinking archaeological specimens.
Any of the organ removal operations could result in cut marks on nearby bones. I would think this should be particularly common in those cases exhibiting deep linear incisions.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Any of the organ removal operations could result in cut marks on nearby bones. I would think this should be particularly common in those cases exhibiting deep linear incisions.
I'm trying to work out how to sift through a fair number of reports to see if I can pull something out. And, if I can, to log how it has been interpreted.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Why not just take a few cattle( or whatever animal u want) and breed them elsewhere..?
There's nothing logical imho of taking a few odd cow parts now and then.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
Why not just take a few cattle( or whatever animal u want) and breed them elsewhere..?
There's nothing logical imho of taking a few odd cow parts now and then.
Agreed for breeding purposes, but if one wanted to make them maintain the same microbiomes as the cattle on earth or create a similar environment, it would need to be re-calibrated periodically with new microbiota, or the two environments would diverge. Weak, I know. I'm not saying this is the answer but it's all I can come up with. There might be something more akin to Skinwalker Ranch phenomena going on (whatever that is!).