• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cattle Mutilations

I read an article many years ago, either in The Anomalist, Strange magazine or Fate (I miss them all :() that commented that the pieces being taken were precisely the parts that were more susceptible to radiation damage, i.e. the bits you would want to analyse if you thought the animals had been exposed. I believe this was in relation to unidentified black helicopters in the US, and the suspicion that it was some off-the-books government monitoring project.
I think this is actually my favoured explanation for those cases where the saleable joints aren't removed but rather the genitals/anus/ears etc are. Dartmoor is close to the dockyard at Devonport where they service nuclear submarines. There is also the fact that the US conducted numerous nuclear tests on its own land in the 40s and 50s and released a whole heap of radioactive particles into the environment. Then there also also diseases such as BSE.

Essentially, the argument is that if the governments go public with the testing, then the people will become scared and angry. If they politely asked the ranchers and farmers for a few sheep and cows, or indeed bought some at market, then these animals would then be transported away from their environment and not be fed on/graze upon the potentially radioactive grass and drink the potentially radioactive water. Note that it is always cattle and sheep that are free-range out grazing that are mutilated, and seemingly never those confined to sheds and fed on grain from elsewhere.

I think this is actually my favoured explanation for those cases where the saleable joints aren't removed but rather the genitals/anus/ears etc are. Dartmoor is close to the dockyard at Devonport where they service nuclear submarines. There is also the fact that the US conducted numerous nuclear tests on its own land in the 40s and 50s and released a whole heap of radioactive particles into the environment. Then there also also diseases such as BSE.

Essentially, the argument is that if the governments go public with the testing, then the people will become scared and angry. If they politely asked the ranchers and farmers for a few sheep and cows, or indeed bought some at market, then these animals would then be transported away from their environment and not be fed on/graze upon the potentially radioactive grass and drink the potentially radioactive water. Note that it is always cattle and sheep that are free-range out grazing that are mutilated, and seemingly never those confined to sheds and fed on grain from elsewhere.
The Anomalist 6 has an article - Dead Cows I Have Known by Ted Oliphant III, pp. 88-103, I just skimmed it and it seems to be talking about BSE, not radiation, so either I misremembered (quite possible) or it's not the article I was thinking of, or I am conflating 2 articles in my memory. Anyway, it's a good article, may have been mentioned on this thread already. In any case, a reminder it exists can't be bad.

Edit: Probably not Strange magazine - I just looked through my copies. It got me feeling all nostalgic, what a great magazine that was.

Last edited:
I read an article many years ago, either in The Anomalist, Strange magazine or Fate (I miss them all :() that commented that the pieces being taken were precisely the parts that were more susceptible to radiation damage, i.e. the bits you would want to analyse if you thought the animals had been exposed. I believe this was in relation to unidentified black helicopters in the US, and the suspicion that it was some off-the-books government monitoring project.
I'm still reading my old copies of 'Fate Magazine', have them going back to 1948, an older gentleman gave me his collection. The stories are interesting and amazing, it is also still being printed.

I'm still reading my old copies of 'Fate Magazine', have them going back to 1948, an older gentleman gave me his collection. The stories are interesting and amazing, it is also still being printed.
Fate is still being printed? I have a recollection that they terminated my subscription (years ago) due to financial troubles.

Fate is still being printed? I have a recollection that they terminated my subscription (years ago) due to financial troubles.
Here they are:

https://www.fatemag.com/

Celebrating 75 years soon! I seem to remember also that they were having problems, but now they do print issues as well as online. You can also purchase back issues.
Love Fate Magazine!

Do you guys think it is because of the rise of the internet that Fate Magazine started to fail in popularity?
I remember purchasing it in the bookstores, they couldn't get enough in stock!
I know they sold the magazine at one point.

Do you guys think it is because of the rise of the internet that Fate Magazine started to fail in popularity?
I remember purchasing it in the bookstores, they couldn't get enough in stock!
I know they sold the magazine at one point.
I am, or was until a few minutes ago, a Fate virgin! I never read the magazine until looking at the link you gave. Thanks.

This looks really interesting.

Very good article including interview links from Kevin Randle and featuring researcher Chris O’Brien:

“After the show, I did email Chris and ask about his response to this observation by sheriff’s deputies. He wrote back:

This procedure has been done a number of times and is a perfect illustration of what happens to a head of livestock that dies and then nature takes its course. I've seen this process unfold many times. However, I've had cases that do not conform to this sequence of events. I had one case where hundreds of flies that landed on the carcass died and there was no maggot bloom. I've had a number of cases where scavengers would not get w/in 50 feet of the carcass and no birds would land on them. I had a case that inexplicably had 300 to 600 percent increased levels of magnetite around the body which went untouched by predators. The amount of magnetite went to control levels 50 feet out from the carcass. As I mentioned on the show, only 20% or so of my cases IMO appeared to have been perpetrated w/ intelligence and a sharp implement. 40 out of around 200. I had two cases that had evidence of high-heat used as the cutting agent. This is a tricky subject that has been used by some individuals to promote their notoriety and careers w/ an alien agenda...”

Read the full article here:

http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2022/09/cattle-mutilations-from-other-side-of.html

Has there been any cattle mutilations recently ?

In 1970s the theory was E.T.s would dissolve cattle in big vats of hydrogen peroxide and jump in absorbing nutrients through their skin.

Supposedly, E.T.s did not have a functioning digestive system.

Has there been any cattle mutilations recently ?

This was reported last week from Queensland:

Aliens ‘only explanation’ for mutilated cows found on Aussie farm​

A cattle-farming couple based in remote Central Queensland have lost 20 cows in strange circumstances - here’s why they’re convinced aliens are to blame.
A mutilation mystery is playing out on a remote Central Queensland property, after a number of cows were found dead in inexplicable circumstances.
Over 18 years, graziers Judy and Mick Cook say 20 cows have been killed in the same strange manner on their Eungella property – organs removed with surgical precision, without a trace of blood left at the scene.

The most recent death was six months ago, according to The Daily Mercury, when the couple found the carcass of a cow with its udder, cheek and tongue cleanly removed. And, once again, there was no blood or marks of movement at the scene.

The “only explanation” they can come to for the mutilations is as strange as the crimes themselves: aliens.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/...m/news-story/301523760c67535e64c4cc5576786173

It's the "only explanation" when you don't look very hard and digest too much nonsense.
What an irresponsible headline.

Cows mysteriously mutilated with ‘precision’ at 6 different locations, Texas cops say​

https://news.yahoo.com/cows-mysteriously-mutilated-precision-6-230658114.html
--------------------------------------------
“A straight, clean cut, with apparent precision, had been made to remove the hide around the cow’s mouth on one side, leaving the meat under the removed hide untouched,” officials said.

“The tongue was also completely removed from the body with no blood spill,” officials added.

There was scant evidence to indicate what happened, officials said, noting that no tire tracks or footprints were observed in the vicinity of the carcass, and there were no signs of a struggle.

“Ranchers also reported that no predators or birds would scavenge the remains of the cow, leaving it to decay untouched for several weeks,” officials said.

Cows mysteriously mutilated with ‘precision’ at 6 different locations, Texas cops say​

https://news.yahoo.com/cows-mysteriously-mutilated-precision-6-230658114.html
--------------------------------------------
“A straight, clean cut, with apparent precision, had been made to remove the hide around the cow’s mouth on one side, leaving the meat under the removed hide untouched,” officials said.

“The tongue was also completely removed from the body with no blood spill,” officials added.

There was scant evidence to indicate what happened, officials said, noting that no tire tracks or footprints were observed in the vicinity of the carcass, and there were no signs of a struggle.

“Ranchers also reported that no predators or birds would scavenge the remains of the cow, leaving it to decay untouched for several weeks,” officials said.
:rolleyes: Again?

I presume the mutilations' are done post mortem? If so how are the animals killed?

It would be terrible to think that the mutilation's had been done to a live animal

I presume the mutilations' are done post mortem? If so how are the animals killed?

It would be terrible to think that the mutilation's had been done to a live animal
I would like to know if the animals were sick or diseased. Or, if they were hit by lightning (a common cause that may not leave a clear trace). But none of the articles that I have seen on this recent event have had any legitimate investigation. It's all witness hearsay of the same nonsense stuff ("surgical precision" cuts, no blood, scavengers haven't touched it).

After decades of this same stuff, even when the cases don't hold up, it seems clear that cattle mutilation stories are a form of moral panic.

I would like to know if the animals were sick or diseased. Or, if they were hit by lightning (a common cause that may not leave a clear trace). But none of the articles that I have seen on this recent event have had any legitimate investigation. It's all witness hearsay of the same nonsense stuff ("surgical precision" cuts, no blood, scavengers haven't touched it).

After decades of this same stuff, even when the cases don't hold up, it seems clear that cattle mutilation stories are a form of moral panic.
Mutilations of Cattle found with those kinds of inflicted wounds, and missing parts certainly does raise people's curiosity though.

Mutilations of Cattle found with those kinds of inflicted wounds, and missing parts certainly does raise people's curiosity though.
Because they aren't well versed about what happens to animals when they die. It's not just "curiosity" here when they are actively promoting misinformation. Ignorance isn't a good excuse when there is plenty of evidence to show this is not unnatural.

People fail to realize that small scavengers, like birds or rodents, are well-equipped to make "extremely precise incisions." They are small, and their natural cutlery is quite sharp. Elsewhere on the body, it is not unusual for dead skin to burst neatly along an apparent "cut" as it dries.

Also, scavengers typically focus on body parts that are literally juicy before all others: the frequently-mentioned eyes, genitals, and internal organs. Once any holes appear in the body wall of a carcass, there's nothing stopping a rat or mouse from climbing in for a little heart or kidney!

A scant few of these more recent news articles coming out reveal that at least one cow died of pneumonia.
https://www.kbtx.com/2023/04/24/mad...thorities-confirm-2-cow-mutilation-incidents/

Erroneous assumptions are that the animals were killed by something. Not true. They died of natural causes, as most cows do, fell over, and then were picked at by birds, insects or small animals. The soft parts like tongue are always taken first. You won't have blood spilled if the animal dies without a cut, the blood congeals inside. Prints are hard to notice around the carcass if anyone looked at all. None of this is mysterious. At all. But, clickbait is so very lucrative to media outlets, they thrive on drama and misinformation.

A scant few of these more recent news articles coming out reveal that at least one cow died of pneumonia.
https://www.kbtx.com/2023/04/24/mad...thorities-confirm-2-cow-mutilation-incidents/

Erroneous assumptions are that the animals were killed by something. Not true. They died of natural causes, as most cows do, fell over, and then were picked at by birds, insects or small animals. The soft parts like tongue are always taken first. You won't have blood spilled if the animal dies without a cut, the blood congeals inside. Prints are hard to notice around the carcass if anyone looked at all. None of this is mysterious. At all. But, clickbait is so very lucrative to media outlets, they thrive on drama and misinformation.

Another unsatisfactory retelling that has a good go at 'spookifying' the story here:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/08/cow-deaths-murders-texas

Armchair journalism: this is what we give you, and anyone with critical faculties is left with a series of obvious questions that the writer didn't look into.

- And stop referring to the killing of animals as “murder”. Words have meanings.

maximus otter
If the word 'Murder' holds the wrong meaning within the people versus the animal kingdom, perhaps 'Cowslaughter' would be the right one?

Back