• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cattle Mutilations

Weren't there mystery cat mutilations in the UK a few years ago? The details escape me.

There have been pathologist reports that some of the mutilation injuries resemble the heat damage of an electrocauter or laser, or for that matter maybe even some kind of welding kit would cause similar injuries, I don't know if anyone has ever tried to weld a cow, but someone might I suppose.

There was a rather odd case in Cheshire of a pair of humanoids who seemed to be measuring cows. The witnesses fled the scene while the operation was still in progress, but there don't seem to have been any subsequent reports of cattle mutilations in the neighbourhood.

(See Spacemen in the Devil's Garden)

It's intriguing that the area should be called "The Devil's Garden", but I haven't been able to discover if there's any interesting folklore behind the name.

There seem to have been a fair few UFO Reports in the area (including one of "a flying teapot without a lid") but nothing any more grisly.

I just read the Devil's Garden account.

You'd think that with all their advanced technology, the aliens would be able to come up with something better than a 'strange frame like apparatus' for measuring.

Unless of course, it wasn't a measuring widget but a laser cattle-mutilation device...

Article Launched: 05/24/2006 01:00:00 AM MDT

views from the west | rich tosches

Theories on recent cattle mutilations sort of alien

By Rich Tosches
Denver Post Staff Writer

Eads

The tales of mysterious livestock mutilations go way back on the Colorado flatlands, back at least to 1967 outside of Alamosa, where Snippy the horse died a strange death.

Snippy had been skinned in a bizarre way. The cuts were sharp and precise. There was no blood at the scene. Snippy's owner said when she touched the horse's flesh, it oozed green fluid that burned her skin.

There were, of course, reports of UFOs in the area that night.

Beam ahead, so to speak, to Monday. To the parched land near this tiny town just 40 miles from the Kansas border. Chuck Bowen, 54, a rancher and a photographer, gazes across the 13,000 acres his family has owned since the 1940s. He takes a step, and the dust around his boots swirls in the relentless wind.

Two of his cows have died freaky deaths. And then he hears the word "alien," and he smiles. It's hard, frankly, for down-to-earth Bowen to imagine why extraterrestrial beings would hover over his remote meadow, carefully snatch away the faces of two cows and then dart back into the twinkling stars.

"You would think," he said, "they'd have something more important to do."

And yet Bowen wonders what on earth could have killed his Angus cows and surgically removed the skin from the same side of both cows' faces, leaving the carcasses otherwise intact in the undisturbed grass of the sprawling ranch.

"The grass around their legs was still upright, still tall," he said. "When an animal dies it usually thrashes around and disturbs the ground. This was like the cows had been gently laid down in the grass. Like they'd been lowered."

Oh, and there's this little tidbit that jacks up the spooky meter another notch in Bowen's head: The ranch, originally owned by his grandfather, sits on the site of the infamous Nov. 29, 1864, Sand Creek Massacre, in which some 200 Cheyenne and Arapaho Indians were killed by U.S. Army soldiers. Bowen and his wife, Sheri, have spent decades sifting through the dirt, uncovering about 3,000 artifacts of that horrible day. Everything from cannonball fragments to metal arrowheads to soldiers' uniform buttons.

In February and again in April, not far from that main battlefield and down by the towering cottonwood trees that stood even back then, Bowen found the dead cows.

"Both of them had the skin sliced off the left side of their faces in exactly the same pattern," he said.

"The cut was a perfectly straight line," Sheri Bowen said. "You could tell it was done with a knife."

Ahead of a thunderstorm on Monday, the noon sun pushed the thermometer past 85 degrees and the foul odor of a cow carcass danced in the air. Lying on the ground amid a colony of prairie dogs was the body of one of the Bowens' cows. This one went down, as best Chuck can figure, about April 1. Its black hide was weathered, but the precise slicing of the skin around its jaw and snout was plain to see.

Kiowa County Sheriff Forest Frazee and deputies examined both carcasses. Frazee said a veterinarian told him an eagle might have sliced the skin from the cows' faces. And that the brittle winter grass around the bodies had not been stepped on.

"That grass breaks. It's easy to see a footprint. No one came anywhere near those cows," Frazee said. "So I don't really know what happened. I do know that I don't believe in the boogeyman."

The Bowens - seemingly about as regular and ordinary as people can be - live about 30 miles south, in Lamar. They run about 90 cows on the family land, and the two deaths have left them rattled.

"Coyotes wouldn't go anywhere near the carcasses for weeks and weeks," Sheri Bowen said. "They just left them alone. And Chuck's metal detector, the one we use to find artifacts, it gave a reading of foil over the entire body. Aluminum foil.

"I've heard all the stories, but I have a little trouble with the alien thing. Aliens killing our cattle just doesn't make any sense."

Chuck shakes his head.

"Both cows had the exact same patch of skin taken from the same side of their face," he said. "And to be honest, it's a little creepy."

www.denverpost.com/ci_3857439

I'll post this here...

Cow Being Abducted By UFO Video

i222670690_82245.jpg

No details, eh? Always a bit suspicious. I won't be convinced until I see a cow jumping over the Moon.

Trinidad rancher finds mutilated cow

COURTESY PHOTO/TOM MURPHY, TRINIDAD TIMES -- A cow owned by Trinidad cattleman Mike Duran was found mutilated in a river bottom on Sunday.

Killing is similar to thousands of other cases in North America in which cattle have been found mutilated under unusual circumstances.
By ANTHONY A. MESTAS
THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN
TRINIDAD - A cattle rancher made a horrific and mysterious discovery Sunday when he found the carcass of one of his cattle that was missing its udders and other female parts.

No one is sure what killed the cow on a pasture near the Purgatoire River, but Trinidad rancher Mike Duran said he definitely finds the death unusual.

Duran, 49, said Monday that after the cow had been missing for two days, he went to look for it in a pasture where he runs cattle a mile west of the town of Weston near Colorado 12.

"I last saw her Friday. She's an older cow so I thought she may have died.

"On Sunday, I spotted her near the (Purgatoire) river bottom and went and looked at her. She was on her side and it looked a little odd. "When I took a closer look I saw that her udders had been removed," Duran said.

The cow had its udders cleanly cut off with no blood on or around the carcass, Duran said.

"It was a perfect circle almost like a laser cut," he said. "It's not like a knife. it seemed to be cut and sealed at the same time," he said.

This is not the first time Duran has found a mutilated cow on his ranch.

In 1995, Duran said he found a cow that had been mutilated the exact same way on the same pasture.

"The other cow's udders were snipped off the same way. It's hard to imagine what or who could have done this to me again," Duran said.

The mutilation in 1995 never has been solved.

Duran, who operates a 30-head cattle ranch, said that in both occurrences, there were no animal or human tracks around the carcasses.

"There was no blood around either and if you cut off an udder there would be a whole lot of blood," Duran said.

Cattle mutilation phenomena involve thousands of cases in North America in which cattle have been found mutilated under unusual circumstances. The cows are found dead (although the cause of death is undetermined), exsanguinated (all their blood has been removed) and have had certain organs removed from their bodies. Often their reproductive and rectal parts have been removed.

The thousands of reported cattle mutilations in the United States and around the world dating to the 1970s have spawned theories about aliens sent to Earth to slice up cows.

"I don't know if aliens are doing this or what, but whoever it is, I don't like it," Duran said.

"You look at cattle mutilations in other places and it's just really something that can't be explained. I don't know, maybe it's UFOs (unidentified flying objects) or maybe not," he said with a laugh.

Duran said neighbors near the pasture told him that they had not heard or seen anything this past weekend

Duran, who also is a teacher at Trinidad High School, said he is no expert on the subject of cattle mutilations, but has studied information on the Internet.

"I looked up some pictures and facts last night and there are similar occurrences to what has happened to me. Some are exactly the same," he reported.

Duran said he has notified the Las Animas County Sheriff's Department about the mutilated cattle.

Las Animas County Undersheriff Derek Navarette said his office takes cattle mutilations seriously, although no one has ever been charged with the crime.

"If it's someone here killing livestock, that's a crime," Navarette said. "The problem is that there's never any evidence around to support that anyone was there.

"It's an odd phenomenon. The cattle is just there dead," Navarette said.

There hasn't been a cattle mutilation case in the area for several years, Navarette said. The case is similar to most around the United States.

"The same body parts were removed. The place where the cow was found Sunday is almost impossible for a vehicle to get to.

"It's an unusual place," he said.

Navarette said his office will continue to investigate the case.

"This is simply a mystery and it is very odd," he said.

Source

Sounds like a textbook incident. I can't believe this is still going on and there are still no further explanations as to what is causing it. Is it still common, does anyone know, or is this a brief return to the bad old days of mutilated cows?

Yeah, I was surprised to find this is there was a 2 year gap between my post and the last!
I wonder if the incidents of it have dropped or merely the reporting?
I suspect that after a while, having swarms of UFOlogists dropping in on your ranch becomes tiresome, so the appeal of publicity must have worn off. :?

It's apparently continuing:

Published: March 25, 2009 12:18 am |
Font Size:
Two more cows found mutilated

COURTESY PHOTO/CHUCK ZUKOWSKI -- A cow owned by Jim Garren was found mutilated on his ranch near Walsenburg.

Trinidad and Walsenburg ranchers find dead cow, calf.
By ANTHONYA. MESTAS
THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN
Two more Southern Colorado ranchers say they have discovered cows mutilated under strange circumstances.

A cow on a ranch near Walsenburg was found with its udders cut off and a calf on a ranch near Trinidad was found missing the entire center of its body as well as its ears.

A similar mutilation was discovered March 8 on a pasture near the Purgatoire River, just west of the small town of Weston. That cow was found dead by rancher Mike Duran with its udders and reproductive organs surgically removed from its body.

The most recent case happened on Jim Garren's ranch.

Garren said Tuesday that he last saw his cow alive on Friday afternoon at his spread 12 miles southeast of Walsenburg in Las Animas County. Garren said the next day at around 2:30 p.m. his ranch manager was feeding the herd and noticed his cattle count was off by one. After looking around in areas where cows had grazed previously, Garren said his ranch hand spotted the animal dead under a cedar tree.

"The only thing that we could tell about her was that her udder had been surgically removed. There were no other injuries to that cow," Garren said.

He said the ground around the cow was never disturbed and there was no trauma to the cow's head or body.

"We searched and searched and we could not find blood on the ground or on the cow. I just can't understand how anyone could surgically remove a part from an animal and not spill some blood," he said.

Garren said that while doing a quick walk around looking for evidence on Saturday, his staff spotted the cow's newborn calf.

Garren said the calf had to have been born at least 10 hours before the mother cow was killed.

"You know I just can't explain this. I've had animals killed on my ranch by mountain lions before and coyotes, but nothing like this. It is truly strange.

"I don't see how any human could have possibly done this without leaving footprints or some prints where the cow may have struggled. It looks like she just laid down and died," Garren said.

Rancher Tom Miller, who runs 80 head of cattle about 14 miles east of Trinidad on U.S. 350, found one of his calves dead near a feed tub on March 17. He found it in an area where cows congregate to eat twice daily.

Miller said that the herd appeared normal the day before in the late afternoon when the animals were being fed by the ranchers. The calf was found the next morning roughly 5 feet from a feed tub laying dead with only its spinal column, head and legs left behind.

"It's the strangest thing I've ever seen," Miller said.

Miller said the only thing holding the calve's back legs to the body was the hide.

"I cut the hide and the legs just fell off. All the bones were broken. It was just strange," Miller said. "An animal just doesn't clean out a carcass like that in one night. It would take several days to do something like that."

Miller said about 10 years ago he found another one of his cows mutilated. That cow had its ears, tongue, eyes and reproductive organs removed.

In 1995, Duran said he found a cow that had been mutilated on his property in a similar way.

The mutilations never have been solved.

"I really don't know what it is. I think maybe it was a UFO. According to the circumstances, that is what it seems like," Miller said.

Miller said it would be too difficult for a human to take a calf away from its mother cow.

"The cows are too protective. If you went for a calf, the cow would be on top of you.

"There are just too many strange things here," Miller said.

Chuck Zukowski, an independent UFO investigator from Colorado Springs, has investigated all three cattle mutilations in the area.

"These mutilations have the tendency of happening a few at a time. So it is not uncommon that there are three here this month," Zukowski said.

Zukowski, who has been a UFO and cow mutilation investigator for more than 20 years, said that all three cases fit the criteria to be called an unknown phenomenon.

"These two cows and this calf do not fit the norm of a normal death or a predator death. This is the first thing we look at," Zukowski said.

In all three cases, Zukowski said there was no blood around the cattle where they laid.

"If a predator got to these cattle, there would be blood around somewhere, " he said.

Sightings of UFOs and strange, unmarked, black helicopters sometimes coincide with most cattle mutilation cases across the country.

Zukowski said that the night Miller lost his calf, he received a report of a dark triangular craft flying over Colorado Springs.

"A witness told me that the craft was coming from the southeast. That means it was coming from the Walsenburg/Trinidad area. We are in the process of trying to understand how fast this object was going to see if it could have been in that area," Zukowski said.

"It's a big speculation and we are trying to grasp at straws, but we are trying to find anything we can to relate these occurrences."

Zukowski said that whatever killed the cow and removed the udders on Garren's ranch was not interested in a newborn calf.

"Would a predator attack a 1,200 pound animal for food, when a newborn calf lay helplessly 50 feet away?" Zukowski asked.

Zukowski also is a member of the Mutual UFO Network, an international nonprofit group that investigates UFOs and other strange phenomena for the public.

"I am the biggest skeptic to start with on these cases. I need to be sure before I start saying what I think it is.

"I can tell you that it is very strange and doesn't seem possible by humans," Zukowski said.

The thousands of reported cattle mutilations in the United States and around the world have spawned theories about aliens sent to Earth to slice up cows.

The phenomena in Colorado began in the late 1960s when farmers in the San Luis Valley began reporting mutilated cattle and horses, Zukowski said.

The circumstances surrounding cattle mutilations were different than anything the local authorities had ever investigated. At the time, satanic cults were blamed.

Reports of cattle mutilations spread throughout the Midwest and even into Canada. Paranoia and speculation about the deaths ran rampant.

"All these years later not one person has been prosecuted for this. We don't know what has killed these animals," Zukowski said.

"Hopefully we can find out what happened, but it doesn't look too promising. This is not something we are used to," Garren said.

"I really hope somebody can figure out what is happening to these things. It's scary," Miller said.

Source

Third cattle mutilation found in county

By Randy Woock
Staff writer, The Times Independent

Chuck Zukowski, a field investigator with the UFO Mutual Network, uses a Geiger counter to examine the body of rancher Tim Garren's cow. Courtesy Chuck Zukowski
A cattle was found mutilated on a ranch in northern Las Animas County last weekend, the third to be found in such a state this month.

The mutilated cow was owned by Jim Garren, and found at about 1:30 p.m. March 21 by his ranch manager on Garren's land located about 12.5 miles southeast of Walsenburg.

"Her udder had been surgically removed," Garren said. "And that's the extent...there wasn't any other trauma on the cow at all."

The two-and-a-half year old Kobe and Angus crossbreed had last been seen at feeding time the previous day. It had also given birth to a calf that night that was discovered hiding in the brush about 50 yards from the carcass.

Garren said that he noticed no tracks around the carcass. "No marks, no disturbance of any kind of the soil," he said. "She was partially underneath a juniper tree, and there was no breakage in the tree, no branches or anything; it just looked like the cow had laid down very peacefully; there was no trauma on the cow, on her head or any parts of her body, we could find zero holes."

Garren added, "There wasn't any blood around anywhere."

Asked if he was aware of the other cattle mutilations that have taken place around the county recently, Garren replied, "Yeah, I just didn't think it would happen to me; guess I got elected."

Garren contacted authorities after discovering the carcass and was put in touch with the local brand inspector.

The first of the new wave of cattle mutilations reported in Las Animas County occurred March 8 to a cow owned by Trinidad School District No. 1 instructor Mike Duran. That cow had been discovered by Duran lying dead on its side by a stream at his winter grazing pastures west of Weston, it's udder and uterus removed. The second mutilation, a week old calf, was discovered March 17 by owner Tom Miller on his ranch east of Hoehne.

Miller reported that the only things left on the calf was some hide, the forelegs and its neck and head. "All the rest of the organs were gone...you could look right into the ribcage and everything," Miller said during a previous interview, adding that the hipbones on the calf were also broken.

Miller and Duran both reported a previous mutilation as having occurred in their herds in the mid-to-late 1990s. Garren said the March 21 mutilation was his first.

"He probably picked my best bred heifer out of the whole herd," Garren said. "That's the way it goes; when you lose one it's your best one."

Through the county's brand inspector Garren was put in touch with Chuck Zukowski, a field investigator from the Mutual UFO Network who also investigated the Duran and Miller mutilations.

"What was interesting about the Garren mutilation is that the stomach tissue was still there," Zukowski said. "You figure if a predator would get it, it would not only go for the udder but also take the stomach tissue."

Zukowski noted that predators seemed to have gotten to the carcass somewhat the following night, but that pictures taken upon discovery of the carcass that afternoon showed it untouched.

"It was just completely incomprehensible how anything or a body, person or whatever would have the ability to do that without leaving some sort of signatures around," Garren said.

Source

So... the approximate dates are the first on Friday 6th, Tuesday 17th, Friday 20th.
I think.

Mutilated Cows Still A Big Mystery
Posted: March 26, 2009 01:23 AM
Updated: March 26, 2009 02:03 AM
Video Gallery

Cow Mutilations Still A Big Mystery
1:48

By Sean Hauser
[email protected].

WALSENBURG - In the past month, three different ranchers in Southern Colorado have all reported that their cows were mutilated.

The first was reported at the Purgatoire River near Weston, ten days later, another report came in, this time in Trinidad. And the most recent case came last Sunday, when yet another cow was found dead near Walsenburg.

Three Separate cows, three separate ranchers...all with the same bizarre story. Each of them found one of their cows' dead...and we're not talking death by natural causes...the cows were reportedly mutilated. NEWSCHANNEL 13 received pictured to prove it, some of them are too disturbing to show.

The cows ears were cut off by what ranchers say had to have been a laser, their organs all pulled from their body. The ranchers say no animal tracks or human tracks were found anywhere near the bodies, and the attacks have nothing in common with an animal attack.

Sound strange? Well, the story only gets stranger...
The ranchers don't think its animals or humans to blame for the killings. So who else could it be? Well, some believe that we've had some visitors from the sky.

But believe it or not...the evidence is startling.

Each rancher says there are no bite marks on the cows, and no blood trails around the body that you would typically see in an animal attack.

One of the ranchers, Tom Miller, told NEWSCHANNEL 13 that he's not sure what to believe.

"It's still a mystery," said Miller. "Both their ears were cut off, they were very smooth cuts, no animal or knife could have done it."

Cow mutilation cases have been reported in Colorado since the 60's. Other states, and other countries have also reported similar cases.

Local UFO expert, Chuck Zukowski has been investigating UFO's for over 20 years. He is now investigating the recent cow mutilation cases.

Zukowski says on the night that Miller's calf was killed; he received reports of a dark, triangular craft flying over Colorado Springs.

We decided to ask what residents in Walsenburg thought.

"Yeah...you have to be open minded," replied Jane Cruz, when asked if she believe in UFO's. "Anything is possible, if there's a heaven and hell, why not UFO's?" added Cruz.

"Anything is a possibility, I keep an open mind you know," said Joe McCoy. "They could be out there."

But not everyone is convinced.

"I think they're crazy," said Eric Helms. "I don't believe in UFO's...I'd have to see a UFO myself and see aliens pop out of the ship and take the parts off themselves," said Helms when asked what it would take to believe it.

Source with video

Cattle Mutilation investigation continued, more animals found, more authorities/ranchers baffled
April 16, 12:06 AM · 2 comments
ShareThis Feed

Image Credit: Chuck Zukowski - Not much left of this calf
Aka…the continued adventures of MUFON investigator Chuck Zukowski.

We pick up our story soon after our investigation on Saturday, March 14th. The following Tuesday, March 17th, Chuck received a call about another strange animal death, this time in Walsenburg. This rancher also welcomed our investigators to take a look and help explain what may have happened. Chuck set a time for the next day and headed out.
Majority of calf's body missing

The new victim was a one-week-old calf. Rancher, Tom Miller, had last seen his herd intact during their normal afternoon feeding time on Monday. The next morning the mutilated calf was found near the feeding tub, completely destroyed. The torso with the ribs and organs were completely gone, and the ears were cut out in circular patches. The only thing left was the head, the legs, and the spinal cord. Everything else was gone, without a trace. There was no blood in the area of the animal, and what was left looked crushed.

There were no signs of struggle. The crushing of the animal looked almost like it had been done by the animal being hit by a vehicle, but it was in a fenced area and there were no tire tracks. The location was also in view of the ranch house.
Miller and other local ranchers that he had asked to come take a look were baffled. The only explanation for the crushed condition of the remains they could come up with was that it was dropped from a very great height.
Chuck arrives to take samples
Chuck was able to get there Wednesday, the 18th. The day after the calf was found. The remains of the animal were now on the flatbed of a truck, ready to be hauled off. Chuck and I had discussed the importance of getting the animal to a veterinarian to have a necropsy done, but time and resources didn’t allow for it. So Chuck was going to take samples and pictures and then work on finding a lab that could look at the samples.
Upon Chuck’s arrival, one of the people at the ranch checking on the animal was a Colorado Brand Inspector. According to the Division of Brand Inspection's website, their primary responsibility is to protect the livestock industry from loss by theft, illegal butchering, or straying of livestock. Brand Inspector, Dennis Williams, agreed with the ranchers that this death was unusual. They all told Chuck they had never seen predator damage like this. In fact, they felt that the incision around the ear appeared to be made by a laser. Once again there were wounds that looked to be cauterized.
And then a third mutilation
The fun didn’t stop there. Already overworked and stressed out from two animal investigations, and hard at work trying to find someone to look at the samples, Chuck received another call on Saturday March 21st. Brand Inspector, Dennis Williams, had received a call from ranch manager, Tim Meyers. Meyers had a strange cattle death that he asked Williams to come take a look at. Williams called Chuck, and they agree that Williams would take a look at the animal, and Chuck would come out if Williams found the death strange. Seasoned Brand Inspector, Williams, called Chuck that evening, and let him know he had another weird one. Chuck jumped in his UFO Nut (that’s the name of Chuck’s website, which he has on a sticker on his SUV) mobile, and headed out yet again.
This animal also had its udders removed. Meyers said it looked as though it were surgically removed. He had noticed the animal missing during feeding time Saturday March 21st, in the afternoon. He had last seen her the previous afternoon. He went to look for her, and found her body. He also found that she had given birth sometime on Friday, and the newborn calf was not far away. This was the cow’s first time giving birth. She was about two and a half years old. Meyers was able to rescue the calf.
Besides the udders which appeared to have been surgically removed, the only other damage to the animal was in the vaginal area, where predators seemed to have gotten at it. Again, there didn’t look to be any blood from the udder removal. In stark contrast to the predator damage which did produce blood.
Colorado State University able to look at samples
Trying to manage his life as a family man, a microchip engineer, and a reserve police officer, Chuck told me he didn’t know what he was going to do if there was another. He was trying to get preliminary reports out to our colleagues and to Linda Moulton-Howe, a long time cattle mutilation investigator, who wanted to report the findings.
On top of that, we found that we truly were not prepared to handle these sorts of cases. We needed to find a lab that would be able to look at the animals and preferably be able to perform a necropsy within a couple days of the animal’s death.
Colorado State University is one of the top veterinary schools in the country. Although they are in northern Colorado and these mutilations, and Chuck are in Southern Colorado, his first choice was to give them a call. He was able to get in touch with Colleen Duncan, Professor of Anatomic Pathology at CSU. It was a blessing when she told Chuck she was willing to take a look at his samples. Truly the break he had been looking for. He arranged to drive out there and get them the samples, so they could try to determine how the lacerations were made, and if indeed they found cauterization.
Next Up: CSU’s findings

Source

So someone was so hungry, they did eat the a** out of a dead cow.

I remember reading that cattle mutilations were someting to do with monitoring radioactive fallout. Given the story that the Three Mile Island leak was a lot more serious than was announced at the time, does anyone think there is a connection?

Cow butchered in Tipperary field

PETER GLEESON

Thu, Apr 16, 2009

GARDAÍ ARE investigating the slaughter and theft of the carcass of a four-year-old cow from a farm near Cloughjordan, Co Tipperary this week.

They are investigating the incident which took place in an isolated field at Clonalisk, Knockearl, Cloughjordan, early on Tuesday morning.

They released details of the crime which was uncovered by the owner of the farm. He found only the head and innards of the animal in the field.

Gardaí said the head had been removed but there was no trace of the carcass, leading them to believe the animal may have been killed for its meat.

It is suspected those who carried out the crime had knowledge of what they were doing as the animal had been bled before being butchered.

“It was an absolutely despicable act. Whoever did this knew what they were at,” said Sgt Pat Curran of Nenagh Garda station.

He said gardaí were anxious to hear from anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area either on Monday night or early on Tuesday.

They are seeking information on any vehicles which may have been seen in the area that night, as it would have been difficult to remove the carcass without transport.

It is understood the farmer spotted the animal was missing when he saw the other cows in the field in a frightened state. He later made the gruesome discovery of the head and entrails.

While the theft of live animals from farms happens fairly frequently, there are no known reports in recent times of an animal being killed and butchered on the spot.

A spokesman for the Irish Farmers Association last night issued a warning to farmers to be on the alert to prevent any recurrence of such an incident, which he described as unusual.

www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/20 ... 12257.html

I have always suspected that the "mutilations" are carried out by private people (or a private organisation), gathering parts for some secret or unusual activity. Be it worship, cooking, preparing spells or whatever. Probably with a certain number of individuals qualified or skilled enough to carry out the procedures.

As others have mentioned, if it were for pre-planned and arranged testing then the Government or Aliens could surely carry out this work in a more private manner. They would have had time to think about the procedure.

However, if it's near Midnight on a Friday night and your local underground bovine culinary cooking club has ran out of earholes and arseholes - there's only one place to get 'em. It's easier to take a car, kill the animal and take what you need than to arrive with a truck and the lifting equipment needed to haul away a whole animal.

Ringo_ said:
However, if it's near Midnight on a Friday night and your local underground bovine culinary cooking club has ran out of earholes and arseholes - there's only one place to get 'em.
:rofl:

UFO Chaser: Aliens Involved in Mysterious Calf Mutilations

SAN LUIS, Colo. — A creepy string of calf mutilations in southern Colorado has a rancher and sheriff's officials mystified.

Four calves were found dead in a pasture just north of the New Mexico state line in recent weeks. The dead calves had their skins peeled back and organs cleared from the rib cage. One calf had its tongue removed.

But rancher Manuel Sanchez has found no signs of human attackers, such as footprints or ATV tracks. And there are no signs of an animal attack by a coyote or mountain lion. Usually predators leave pools of blood or drag marks from carrying away the livestock.

Two officers from the Costilla County Sheriff's Office have investigated the mutilations but say they don't know what's killing the calves.

"There's nothing really to go by," said Sanchez, who's ranched for nearly 50 years. "I can't figure it out."

A spokesman for the sheriff's office told The Pueblo Chieftain that investigators doubt a person butchered the calves because there is no blood at the scene.

"I've butchered a cow before and I know what kind of a mess it leaves," Sgt. James Chavez said.

Some in the area believe the mutilations are the work of aliens. An area UFO chaser, Chuck Zukowski of Colorado Springs, has been to the Costilla County pasture to investigate.

He told the paper there have been other unexplained calf mutilations in the area, including three in March. One of the other calves, found dead on a ranch near Trinidad, had its ears removed, Zukowski said.

"We're trying as much as we can to find a pattern," said Zukowski, who runs a UFO Web site called ufonut.com.

Sanchez said he has sold off his 32 remaining calves out of fear more would be mutilated. He hasn't decided how he'll manage the remaining 40 animals in his herd.

"It's a big loss for a small rancher," he said.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,577 ... latestnews

Cattle mutilations?

I found this (as you can see) in the columbian newspaper sep 30th 1894. Im not quite sure which category to post in as mystery beasts are mentioned but could this be an early case of cattle mutilation?

link

38 out of 60 calves killed (even over a period of months) seems off-pattern for cattle mutation...?

It's been quiet on the cattle mutilations for a while - not any more:

Missouri farmer finds third cow with bizarrely mutilated genitals and missing organs.

A Missouri rancher has now found three of her cows mutilated in bizarre and unusual ways and she’s not ruling out the possibility that aliens are behind the gruesome acts.

Lyn Mitchell of Henry County, Missouri says the first example occurred back in 2011. That cow had its tongue completely excised, along with one of its ears.

She assumed teenagers were to blame. But after she found two more cows with mutilated genitals and missing organs on her farm just this summer, she now believes something harder to explain could be to blame and local police agree with her.

On July 9, Mitchell found one of her best cows dead in her field. She first noticed its tongue was missing, which was appalling enough.

But she then realized the cow’s udders, anus, reproductive organs, and ears had all been removed.

About two weeks later, it happened again. Though she hadn’t called a veterinarian to inspect the first two cows, she did get one in to see the third.

link

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier in this long thread. First modern incidence of anomalous animal mutilation is pretty suspicious:
http://books.google.com/books?id=iczSBc ... CC4Q6AEwAA

At the peak of a UFO wave, of course:
http://www.nicap.org/papers/78hall-wave67.htm

I can't tell how much of this is fiction or collected tales, but take a look lower on the page where strange lights are mentioned in connection with missing cattle and even children:
http://books.google.com/books?id=kDUWAA ... CEcQ6AEwBA
Okay, this appears to be a work of fiction.

Reading the February 1930 issue of Astounding Stories of Super Science, the other week, I came across an early example of alien cattle mutilation, set in Arizona desert.
Spawn of the Stars By Charles Willard Diffin

"But the beast—the—the thing!" exclaimed Thurston. "It's monstrous; indecent! It thought—no question of that—but no body! Horrible! Just a raw, naked, thinking protoplasm!"

It was here that he flung open the door. They sniffed cautiously of the air. It was warm again—clean—save for a hint of some nauseous odor. They walked forward; Riley carried a flash.

The odor grew to a stench as they came where the great mass had lain. On the ground was a fleshy mound. There were bones showing, and horns on a skull. Riley held the light close to show the body of a steer. A body of raw bleeding meat. Half of it had been absorbed....

"The damned thing," said Riley, and paused vainly for adequate words. "The damned thing was eating.... Like a jelly-fish, it was!"

"Exactly," Thurston agreed. He pointed about. There were other heaps scattered among the low sage.

"Smothered," guessed Thurston, "with that frozen exhaust. Then the filthy thing landed and came out to eat."

The story also mentions ball shaped alien spacecraft that drop bombs of enormous explosive power, which can level entire cities, detonating in huge mushroom clouds and based on the nuclear properties of hydrogen. Although not proper atomic weapons, pretty close.

I stumbled across the Richplanet doc "Silent Killers" last night, and found it quite impressive... right up until the 'obviously aliens' angle started (although to be fair he never said he agreed with it).
I lean towards the BlackOps side myself - I reckon that a well-tooled and trained team could probably swoop in, off the animal and collect their samples in a couple of minutes at most. It's way easier and less risky than trying to steal the whole animal, especially considering they only need less than 1% of it, and who cares if the remains look a bit odd?

I stumbled across the Richplanet doc "Silent Killers" last night, and found it quite impressive... right up until the 'obviously aliens' angle started (although to be fair he never said he agreed with it).
I lean towards the BlackOps side myself - I reckon that a well-tooled and trained team could probably swoop in, off the animal and collect their samples in a couple of minutes at most. It's way easier and less risky than trying to steal the whole animal, especially considering they only need less than 1% of it, and who cares if the remains look a bit odd?

That's the conclusion drawn from the 1980s movie on the subject, Endangered Species. But I thought it had been proven to simply be wild animals eating bits and pieces?

It makes perfect sense - but why? What are samples of cows anus telling them?

It makes perfect sense - but why? What are samples of cows anus telling them?
Maybe some toxins, biological agents or levels of radiation accumulate in these parts of the cow's anatomy?

Maybe some toxins, biological agents or levels of radiation accumulate in these parts of the cow's anatomy?

Or more probably the softest parts of a dead cow are eaten by scavenging animals.

Back