• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Celebrity Ghosts & Hauntings

Yes, they're a band I'd normally wouldn't give the time of day to musically (though I am partial to Doctor Feelgood - their song, that is), but the book is a wealth of incredible anecdotes. They do seem like pretty awful people, but then again they've accepted that and are fine with it.
I'm not a fan musically either and their music won't be what they are remembered for.Yes pretty terrible people but as you say they are fine with it.The stories are incredible and like a rock stars A-Z on debauchery! Ozzy gives them a run for their money in the crazy antics stakes not sure if Ozzy was a s sexually devious!Still to watch the Netflix film, not sure what it will be like,but a film had to be made really. I have just started Lemmy's book White Line Fever, I'm expecting some storied you couldn't recount at Sunday lunch!

The reason I'm reading the book is that I heard the film was just OK, but the book was where it was at, so I got a copy and here we are.

I've been reading The Dirt, Motley Crue's autobiography, and there's a bit where the man who signed the band went around to Nikki Sixx's house where he was staying with Lita Ford, to see they had been dabbling in Satanism, and were seriously suffering for it. They had put symbols all over the walls, and had apparently been conducting some sort of ceremony, but the upshot was, when the exec visited them, they were cowering on the sofa.

That's when the exec saw a knife and fork lift from the table of their own accord and stick in the ceiling - the ceiling was covered in cutlery that was stuck in it. He managed to convince them to give up Satanism, and change the name of the new Crue album from Shout with the Devil to Shout at the Devil. That's not even the most outrageous story I've read so far, but it is the most supernatural one.

You know about this then? https://ultimateclassicrock.com/nikki-sixx-impostor/

One of the more outlandish instances is the case of Matthew John Trippe, who not only insisted to have stood in for Nikki Sixx during one of the most creative periods in Motley Crue history, but sued the band in an attempt to obtain royalties for songs he claimed to have written.

The reason I'm reading the book is that I heard the film was just OK, but the book was where it was at, so I got a copy and here we are.

The film is worth watching if just for the opening scene :rofl2:

When Motorhead were on the Bombers tour, the lighting rig was in the shape of a Lancaster Bombers wings. When they performed in Berlin, Lemmy apparently pointed at the lighting rig and said "I bet that you haven't seen one of these in a few years".

Here's double whammy-

Courtney Love says she once saw Kurt Cobain’s ghost and he spoke to her
Actor Joshua Boone asked Love: “Have you ever seen a ghost?”

Remembering a time when she moved into a new home with ex-boyfriend Edward Norton, Love replied: “When I moved to Hancock Park from Seattle with Frances and Edward, I saw Kurt in a chair for a moment.”

She added: “He said hi to me and then he left.”
https://www.nme.com/news/music/cour...d-he-spoke-to-her-2507742#XP1Obp0fdiTqadlf.99

Liam Gallagher hints that John Lennon’s rocking chair might be haunted
Liam said: ‘I’ve got Lennon’s rocking chair somewhere. Well I used to years ago, but I move house quite a bit, man, every couple of years, so I don’t know where…’ Wondering out loud about where the chair could be, the singer continued: ‘It’s probably in storage at the moment, which is a shame.’ Then he went on to explain how much the rocking chair scares him. ‘It sometimes freaks me out,’ he said, ‘Sometimes I come downstairs and it’s rocking on its own.’
https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/12/liam...king-chair-might-haunted-9928714/?ito=cbshare

Kristen Stewart has given an interview where at one point she says she keeps getting haunted by darn persistent ghosts:
Kristen goes woo

This is because of "staining", she claims. Never heard of that, not in that term, anyway.

Rosina Buckman, 1881 - 1948, was a noted New Zealand soprano, who made many records.

A celebrity in her day, though the name is not much known today.

Yet she is known in Wales as the ghost that haunts Wylfa nuclear power station!

Rosina, ghost of Wylfa.

"During the building preparations for Wylfa nuclear power station in 1964, workmen became bothered not by the hard graft – but the fact that their task was being hampered by the appearance of a ghost! Whilst they were excavating a tunnel at the site of Galan Ddu, the Black Bank, the number reported citing the apparition of a woman in white, and hummed a tune! According to Coxe, this caused a number of workmen to quit their jobs . . . "

More on the site. :omg:

I was thinking of putting this in Suggestions For a Good Read but seeing as I haven't read it, here might be a better place...(I've Seen a Ghost: True Stories from Showbusiness by Richard Davis)

I got a second hand copy of this some time back. It's not your typical vanity celeb book, and not in the least 'luvvie' - the stories are interesting in their own right, and some are really very good. Not all events take place within the entertainment side of the teller's life - it's not a haunted theatres book, as such.

The stories are well written - not surprising, I suppose, given that many of the performers interviewed wrote their own material. The experiences included are from a generation who would have begun their careers on the stage - in variety and repertory theatre - and therefore will have spent a significant part of their lives in the big old mysterious barns we call theatres. (At one time I spent a lot of my own working life in theatres - West End and provincial - but never saw anything more frightening than myself, unfortunately. That said, I totally empathise - if there is a man-made space that absolutely demands some sort of supernatural occupation, it's an empty theatre).

There are twenty four individual accounts - some including several experiences - from the likes of Bob Monkhouse, Kenny Everett, Donald Sinden, James Alexander Gordon, Pat Phoenix and Jon Pertwee. There's a very interesting chapter on experiences during the filming of The Owl Service, by its producer and director, Peter Plummer. There's a chapter by Doc Shiels - who I always forget was a bit of a turn. And who'd have thought that Vince Hill was at one time an enthusiastic dabbler on the Ouija board?

Recommended.

I always thought that this story was rather compelling (please ignore the over-the-top host)...

Great story and very well told. I was aware that he’d had some kind of ghost experience but thought I’d read he had picked up a ghost hitchhiker who had vanished in the car. Or was that another celebrity?

Great story and very well told. I was aware that he’d had some kind of ghost experience but thought I’d read he had picked up a ghost hitchhiker who had vanished in the car. Or was that another celebrity?

That's the story I thought I'd heard about Savalas too. Presumably I've misremembered it.

Last edited:
After a sudden and traumatic bereavement some years a counsellor told me that my relationship with the deceased person was not over. They were still part of my life and I could talk to them.

This didn't help me because, well, they were dead. No point in chatting to someone who isn't going to answer me back. I rather felt a need to let the person go and face my loss.

However, people do talk to their dead. It baffles me, especially when they seem to get a reply.

I was a bit under the weather yesterday but was supposed to be taking a few hours of unedited footage of the last invest we did that included 3 mediums to give to our editor .. these women were also stating they were receiving communication from the dead. I don't know how that all works, I'm aware and slightly sympathetic towards sceptics who say it's all a load of crap but at the same time? .. maybe it isn't? .. their accuracy 'hit rate' was probably over 70%, the home owners deliberately kept information back that these women seemed to find anyway. I ended up sympathising with one medium who was asking about the name Roger .. every one shook there heads in a no gesture .. a quick whisper from me to our team leader that the maiden name of half the household had been 'Rogers' and should we tell this to our medium? .. Roger is a different name to Rogers .. who knows?

Last edited:
I always found Anne Diamond’s story of a ghost trying to sell her a house pretty interesting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www..../Anne-Diamond-The-ghost-tried-sell-house.html
Copied this from one of the comments.
Gill, Essex, 9 years ago

I'm not a great fan of Anne, but I don't think she's made this up, & would like to hear her mothers version. I can't see the logic in ghosts, & my brother is an absolute 'Mr. Spock' type - all logic, no beliefs, but when he was renting a flat years ago, he kept banging on about seeing a serving hatch & different style room with 17th century dressed people in what looked like an old pub, appearing in his living room. After a while, he asked the landlord about the history - & indeed the history & previous layout of the renovated flats coincided exactly with what he described seeing! Being my brother, he calls it some sort of 'photographic time jump of events'! He still doesn't believe in ghosts though!!

Gill, Essex, 9 years ago

I'm not a great fan of Anne, but I don't think she's made this up, & would like to hear her mothers version. I can't see the logic in ghosts, & my brother is an absolute 'Mr. Spock' type - all logic, no beliefs, but when he was renting a flat years ago, he kept banging on about seeing a serving hatch & different style room with 17th century dressed people in what looked like an old pub, appearing in his living room. After a while, he asked the landlord about the history - & indeed the history & previous layout of the renovated flats coincided exactly with what he described seeing! Being my brother, he calls it some sort of 'photographic time jump of events'! He still doesn't believe in ghosts though!!

Rings a bell. My son is a former CERN physicist and about as sceptical as you could imagine. Years ago when weirdness happened in our house he'd try to explain it away.

He and I once saw a quite spectacular paranormal event together which freaked him out so much, he decided we'd made it up!

Rings a bell. My son is a former CERN physicist and about as sceptical as you could imagine. Years ago when weirdness happened in our house he'd try to explain it away.

He and I once saw a quite spectacular paranormal event together which freaked him out so much, he decided we'd made it up!

Is that when CERN inadvertently swapped us with crappy, stupid earth from the crappy, stupid dimension?

Gill, Essex, 9 years ago

Wow, that's really interesting. I absolutely love little 'glimpses' such as that.

I used to work in Warwick but don't know where the house is. There is a house near the castle that was designated 'the' haunted house by colleagues who'd grown up in the town, but I've no idea If its the same one or not!

Wow, that's really interesting. I absolutely love little 'glimpses' such as that.

I used to work in Warwick but don't know where the house is. There is a house near the castle that was designated 'the' haunted house by colleagues who'd grown up in the town, but I've no idea If its the same one or not!
I would love to see a moment from the past and wonder why it happens.

Tell us please!

Tell us please!

Thought you'd NEVER ask! :lolling:

It was the first appearance of what we call The Drip, a long time ago. It has been described here before.

My family (ex, kids and I) were moving house. Then-teenage Son and I were at the new place which was still virtually empty, trying to get the somewhat eccentric central heating system working. We'd set it going and it'd run for a bit and then fizzle out. Great fun!

So at some point after trying everything we could think of we were standing in the kitchen, probably discussing buying pickaxe handles to physically beat the boiler back into proper functioning, when something emerged from the ceiling in front of us.

It was a big glob, looking exactly like wallpaper paste, which swelled downwards in size and then suddenly dropped to the floor with a loud SPLAT.

The glob then immediately disappeared. It didn't soak into the floor; it splattered everywhere like a huge pale jelly and vanished.

This all took a few seconds. Son and I only had time to gawp and point.
We assumed the boiler had overflowed and flooded the bathroom, even though the ceiling was dry, and so was the floor.

We rushed upstairs and checked the plumbing - no leaks. Everything in order.

There was a lot of 'What was THAT?' and 'Did you SEE it?' and so on. We had both seen and heard exactly the same thing, and had felt the floor and ceiling to find them dry.
It rattled Son so much that after a while he refused to talk about it any more, saying that we must've imagined it and somehow worked it up into a real memory!

The Drip/Glob was often experienced in the house after that, along with the Ghost Cat, the Inexplicable Warm Spot, the Night Footsteps and the rest. It's all on'ere somewhere.

Thought you'd NEVER ask! :lolling:

It was the first appearance of what we call The Drip, a long time ago. It has been described here before.

My family (ex, kids and I) were moving house. Then-teenage Son and I were at the new place which was still virtually empty, trying to get the somewhat eccentric central heating system working. We'd set it going and it'd run for a bit and then fizzle out. Great fun!

So at some point after trying everything we could think of we were standing in the kitchen, probably discussing buying pickaxe handles to physically beat the boiler back into proper functioning, when something emerged from the ceiling in front of us.

It was a big glob, looking exactly like wallpaper paste, which swelled downwards in size and then suddenly dropped to the floor with a loud SPLAT.

The glob then immediately disappeared. It didn't soak into the floor; it splattered everywhere like a huge pale jelly and vanished.

This all took a few seconds. Son and I only had time to gawp and point.
We assumed the boiler had overflowed and flooded the bathroom, even though the ceiling was dry, and so was the floor.

We rushed upstairs and checked the plumbing - no leaks. Everything in order.

There was a lot of 'What was THAT?' and 'Did you SEE it?' and so on. We had both seen and heard exactly the same thing, and had felt the floor and ceiling to find them dry.
It rattled Son so much that after a while he refused to talk about it any more, saying that we must've imagined it and somehow worked it up into a real memory!

The Drip/Glob was often experienced in the house after that, along with the Ghost Cat, the Inexplicable Warm Spot, the Night Footsteps and the rest. It's all on'ere somewhere.
Tell me about the Ghost cat etc

Back