• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Celtic Myths & Legends

Celtci head hunting was in no way a mark of respect to the fallen. I have never seen any evidence of this.

A celtic warrior took the head of his victim to gain the power of the fallen. The Celts, of Ireland, I can't speak much for anywhere else, believed that the head was the seat of consciousness and emotion and as such, did not think much of the heart. It was the Egyptions who cam up with the heart as the seat of Emotion.

LD

From Atlantis to St Piran: Discover 13 of the most fascinating myths and legends from Cornwall
By C_Becquart | Posted: July 08, 2017

Cornwall has an incredibly rich mythology and a lot of the county's legends are nationally and even internationally famous.
They include everything from a supposed location for the mythical underwater city of Atlantis and legendary giants to Piskies and the ill-fated lovers Tristan and Isolde.

Here are 13 of the best stories that were originated or took place in our county. [I list just the titles here.]

1. St Piran

2. The Beast of Bodmin

3. The Hurlers and the Pipers

4. Cock-crow Stone

5. Twelve O'clock stone

6. Whooper of Sennen Cove

7. Piskies

8. Tristan and Isolde

9. Mermaids

10. Giants

11. King Arthur

12. Jan Tregeagle

13. Atlantis

http://www.cornwalllive.com/from-at...rom-cornwall/story-30177434-detail/story.html

I should think Plato might take issue with number 13.

Back