• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Chaos Magick (Context: Arachne IHTM Story / micalrin)

Newt

Devoted Cultist
NOTE: This discussion has been spun off from the following IHTM thread:

Arachne
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/arachne.66014/

Here are excerpts to set the relevant context:

Did I tell you about the Spider? ...
I am reading an introductory preface about Chaos Magic from my computer screen. I am reading it out loud to my friend Varuna and my friend Kitty. ...
The work that I am reading out loud, to my very open-minded spiritually adept friends, is some of the metaphysical foundations for Chaos Magick. ...

... the chaos magick pdf was urban shamanism

You appear to be an occultist.

Have you and your friends ever done ritual workings in that space?

Also, you said you were reading out a chaos magic text when this occured. What was the text, and does it have any bearing on the appearance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you got an author, or a link for that?
There are a number of books/papers with similar titles.

Though I have to admit I"m dissappointed. I had my money on Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine.

I just did a search for a book called "Urban Shamanism" but nothing popped up. There is "Urban Shaman" by Serge Kahili King and "Urban Shaman" by C.E. Murphy.
I've been wondering if this thread should be in the Esoterica forum.

And there is this

Khaos Magick & Urban Shamanism. Khaos Magick & Urban Shamanism. Written by Frater Sheosyrath Edited by Frater Alysyrose

Have you got an author, or a link for that?
There are a number of books/papers with similar titles.

Though I have to admit I"m dissappointed. I had my money on Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine.

KHAOS MAGICK & URBAN SHAMANISM
By Frater Sheosyrath

If you were reading page 17, I am pretty sure it could invoke a giant spider under the conditions and with the people you describe.

Perhaps you should do a LBRP.

I understand that many Chaos Magicians love the comic (and now Streaming Series) Doom Patrol. It was one of my favorites as a teen.

Back